Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    It was a good series to watch. I just wish the crowds would have been better at the Sanford Center. I mean, if you want to just look at butts in the seats, these numbers are pushing UAH numbers.....
    3100 for Friday isn't too bad. 2300 for a Saturday night game is pretty low, though. LSSU is going to be in the same boat, though, as 3 out of the next 4 home series are on weekends when students are out on Thanksgiving/Holiday breaks. And we thought the CCHA was bad a scheduling!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
      3100 for Friday isn't too bad. 2300 for a Saturday night game is pretty low, though. LSSU is going to be in the same boat, though, as 3 out of the next 4 home series are on weekends when students are out on Thanksgiving/Holiday breaks. And we thought the CCHA was bad a scheduling!
      Those were announced numbers, but there is no way there were that many butts in the seats. I would say that you could have probably fit everyone that was in the seats at both games in the Sanford Center for one game. Or both games could have been played at the old Glas Fieldhouse and everyone could have had room.

BSU and the Sanford Center are running into a problem of finding the correct "price point". Right now, the cheapest "normal" adult seat is $25, which I believe puts them at the top of the league. Season tickets were drastically reduced this year to $275 for 19 games, or just under $15 a game. I understand the need to make it beneficial to get season tickets, but when your season ticket base isn't going to fill the arena, you need to do something to get people in the doors. $25 for adults and $12.50 for kids isn't going to do that in Bemidji. They do have a limited number of "Family Four Packs" available for $50 which is a great deal, but that has not been advertised very well. They also did offer some 3, 5 and 10 game Flex Packs this year, and I never did hear how that went over.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Lakers ranked #16 again in this week's USCHO poll.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          Those were announced numbers, but there is no way there were that many butts in the seats. I would say that you could have probably fit everyone that was in the seats at both games in the Sanford Center for one game. Or both games could have been played at the old Glas Fieldhouse and everyone could have had room.

BSU and the Sanford Center are running into a problem of finding the correct "price point". Right now, the cheapest "normal" adult seat is $25, which I believe puts them at the top of the league. Season tickets were drastically reduced this year to $275 for 19 games, or just under $15 a game. I understand the need to make it beneficial to get season tickets, but when your season ticket base isn't going to fill the arena, you need to do something to get people in the doors. $25 for adults and $12.50 for kids isn't going to do that in Bemidji. They do have a limited number of "Family Four Packs" available for $50 which is a great deal, but that has not been advertised very well. They also did offer some 3, 5 and 10 game Flex Packs this year, and I never did hear how that went over.
          LSSU can't fill a 4,000 seat arena with $12 adult ticket prices. I can't even imagine $25 tickets. No way would that go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
            I believe the Lakers defense is greatly improved this year over last year. The shots against are still high, but a lot of those shots have been from the outside and not that great with regards to quality. I would argue that the Kevin's made alot more big saves last year compared to this year at this point, but there is no doubt they have been the rock in which the Lakers have leaned on the past two years.

The Lakers are better so far this year in Team Offense and Team Defense than last year and rank 8th Nationally on the Penalty Kill. If they can cut down on the penalties they are taking(avg. 15 min per game) and score more on the PK, sweeps will come. They are absolutely atrocious with the man advantage so far (9 for 54 16%).
            The coaches can't have been too happy with the defensive play on Saturday. Bemidji had something like 3 or 4 breakaways and at least a couple of 2 on 1s. A lot of defensive break downs. Kapalka kept them in the game and gave them a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              The coaches can't have been too happy with the defensive play on Saturday. Bemidji had something like 3 or 4 breakaways and at least a couple of 2 on 1s. A lot of defensive break downs. Kapalka kept them in the game and gave them a chance.
              Bill: You might be right about Saturday and the fast breaks (breakaways). My over-all impression was they kept a tight ship around the goal and we failed to get the penetration our speed was supposed to generate. We couldn't even score with a 5-3 advantage and then drew a penalty to blow the opportunity. Part of that was on us, yet the other part was both your goalie and the protection he usually got.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                I was only able to see Friday's game so I must defer to you on how they played Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                  I was only able to see Friday's game so I must defer to you on how they played Saturday.
                  I agree that D and goaltending are the strengths (or should be) of this season's team. Next season those 2 areas will be the big question marks going in. We'll have 3 new goailies and at least 3, probably 4, new D.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the Lakers and all their wonderful fans.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      Happy Thanksgiving to the Lakers and all their wonderful fans.
                      Hopefully the wonderful fans show up this weekend. Unfortnately the crowds will be small this weekend with the students gone, hunting going on, and people shopping. The attendance will probably be 1400-1500 both nights.

Comment

HUGE WIN against a very good Bowling Green team. Congrats to Correale on his huge first collegiate goal. Yet another come from behind victory with solid goaltending from Kaps. Special teams looked shaky tonight though and we need to win more faceoffs.

Now PLEASE Lakers get that sweep tomorrow. Ferris is going to be very tough next weekend.

Comment

Great win.

Good solid team play top to bottom.

This team may not be the best team in the nation -- but they have a ton of guts and a lot more depth than we've shown in years.

Go Lakers.

Comment

• Big win last night. Even bigger game tonight. It's time for this team to show us that they are ready to be more than just a middle of the pack team.

Comment

WHAT A GAME! Came back not once, but TWICE tonight! You can never count this team out this season. Just think, the Lakers almost won the first game at Wisconsin, and should of tied the two games they lost in overtime. This team easily could of be 10-2-2 right now. Hopefully the Lakers keep the momentum going next weekend and not let up at all.

Comment

Is there anywhere online to watch highlights of Laker games? Not necessarily looking to watch the entire game, just goals and big saves.
                                "If you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net, you don't got dinky-doo!"--Donnie Shulzhoffer

Comment

Working...
                                X