X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Vermont and NU are way ahead of the curve with the free streams. I wish the rest of HE would figure it out.
    Holy Cow Batman... I agree with you on something. I now have hope that bigfoot exists as I would have put similar odds on that. I too wish the rest of HE would figure out how to stream the games for free.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

UVM is usually a tough road game or games and despite the records, but I think BC can manage this weekend to squeak by in both games. This will my first trip to Gutterson Field House.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        UVM is usually a tough road game or games and despite the records, but I think BC can manage this weekend to squeak by in both games. This will my first trip to Gutterson Field House.
        Good time for a two game BC letdown for a little perspective. Then ramp it up and run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          It should be an amazing atmosphere for college hockey at The Gut this weekend! Would give my left testicle to be there myself, but Atlanta's a wee bit too far and, alas, I'll be relegated to watching the live stream (which I'm thankful for). Agree with your assessment and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if BC swept. You guys are truly a juggernaut right now. However, UVM's 7-7 record in HE isn't indicative of their overall play in the league and I think they certainly have the ability to take a game, or perhaps, dare I say it, even two. Enjoy the games!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            It should be an amazing atmosphere for college hockey at The Gut this weekend! Would give my left testicle to be there myself, but Atlanta's a wee bit too far and, alas, I'll be relegated to watching the live stream (which I'm thankful for). Agree with your assessment and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if BC swept. You guys are truly a juggernaut right now. However, UVM's 7-7 record in HE isn't indicative of their overall play in the league and I think they certainly have the ability to take a game, or perhaps, dare I say it, even two. Enjoy the games!
            I 100% agree the Gut will be rock'in this weekend.

That said....

Two wins? Two? I can't believe to dared to say it. I'm going to be happy & impressed with a tie and a loss. No disrespect to UVM, they are having a good year, but to suggest they can beat BC two nights in a row?

Side note - I think it'd be interesting to guess the age of other folks that post in here.

Comment

Hopefully the Gutt will be loud and rowdy, but I fear that the storm combined with Valentines Day may make Friday's attendance low. Saturday should be pumped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
                I 100% agree the Gut will be rock'in this weekend.

Side note - I think it'd be interesting to guess the age of other folks that post in here.
                Some of us were in school for LeClair's first shift...the comeback vs Harvard in 89 and the absolute machine that was St. Lawrence back in the late 80s... yeah we are getting old.

Comment

With NU losing to BC in the beanpot and PC losing to Uconn ??? UVM has moved up into a tie for 10th in PWR. Of note, we have yet to play the only 2 HE teams ahead of us (BC and UML).

Hopefully we see some of the heavyweights continue to get upset and UVM keeps up the winning ways.

Comment

Psyched for the first home games in 5-6 weeks, and its BC and "Johnny Hockey"! After watching the Beanpot on Mon. I'm not overly optimistic, but UVM has skated with everybody this year. That said BC is by far the best team they've faced. Speed, skill, physicality, and depth - probably give the edge to BC in every category. Hopefully Santa stands on his head, and we get some puck luck! Go Cats Go. Family's had seats in sec. 5 since the Gut opened. Just discovered this forum, pretty cool.

Comment

In the last few weeks BC has beat in close games both BU and NU, teams that Vermont also resently beat on the road
                      with both of those games being rather one-sided. Also these games are at VT. And VT is now in the top 15 so why is it crazy
                      to think that Vermont can win. I was down in Durham and watched them dominate UNH on Friday and then grind out a good
                      road win on Sat. While I admit BC has more talent NO team has outworked Vermont in any game since the start of the year.

Big match up this weekend between Gaudreau's line and the 59-line who will be matched up with them the most. I refer to Forgione
                      Turk and Massar who are all 5'9". They have the speed to stay with them and if they can spend more time in the BC end it will go
                      along way for VT's chances.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                        Some of us were in school for LeClair's first shift...the comeback vs Harvard in 89 and the absolute machine that was St. Lawrence back in the late 80s... yeah we are getting old.
                        I was just a little kid playing youth hockey in Burlington when Leclair was in town. Terry Lovelette was my coach on Vermont All Star teams. Gilligan, St. Louis and Perrin used to coach me at hockey camps growing up. I watched a bunch of my peers play 4 years at UVM. Even I feel a little bit old now.

Stoked for this weekend! Hope UVM keeps it competitive and close in scoring. I usually sit near BC parents and nothing worse than hearing them cheering loud in my ear 'cause of a blow out.
                        Last edited by BTV802; 02-13-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I was a freshman watching Jerry York as a senior.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I

I started following UVM with LeClair. I then became a center ice camera man for TV games during the St. Louis/Perrin/Thomas years.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

BC is way good. They would decimate the UNH team that UVM played last weekend. No comparison.

Sure, UVM has a chance to win both. But no way that it going to happen in the real world and also no way 5 9 line is going to stop BC's top line. I'm hoping for two points from a BC post beanpot letdown but I'm far from expecting it. UVM should have collected more points in conference before now to protect against needing them from BC.

Comment

only outcome that would surprise me would be uvm getting more than 2 points. could easily see a split here though.

Comment

Working...
                                X