X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Weak non-conference schedule? Two games against Quinnipiac and one against Michigan. Two top 10 teams, two teams better than anyone Vermont played.
    Current RPI SOS

Vermont #10
    UML #27

As you said stats dont lie.

And you lost both games to Quinnipiac....way to throw those 2 games in our face.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

He's like a politician. He does not even read the comments correctly. But he does get some activity in the thread which is why I added the UML comment at the UNH site. I wondered if he would be trolling in a thread so far from where his team is active. Sure enough, hooked him, and in record time. Maybe he works night security and has nothing to do but cruise the internet. I'm really looking forward to the final RS weekend. And I would not be surprised if they meet again. Having said all that, nobody is beating BC in a game that is important to them before the HE hardware is awarded. I don't think the next two games are particularly important to BC though, they have RS title wrapped up from a practical standpoint, time for a night off!

Comment

Another good scoring weekend from the freshman class and it made me wonder how this class compares to the ones before

2014 so far 29 goals
        2013 14
        2012 23
        2011 15

29 goals with 6 reg season games plus playoffs to go this class is by far the best in a long time.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
          Current RPI SOS

Vermont #10
          UML #27

And you lost both games to Quinnipiac....way to throw those 2 games in our face.

Win. He's just a giant troll.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            He's like a politician. He does not even read the comments correctly. But he does get some activity in the thread which is why I added the UML comment at the UNH site. I wondered if he would be trolling in a thread so far from where his team is active. Sure enough, hooked him, and in record time. Maybe he works night security and has nothing to do but cruise the internet.
            I usually read all of the HE related threads. I'm surprised to learn that other people don't.

I don't usually post unless someone makes an absolutely ridiculous statement, like "Vermont is far superior to Lowell", a la Snwbrdr on the UNH thread. A statement so absurd I wasn't even sure where to begin. I did notice that you didn't respond, but I do understand why. It's an inarguable point, and being in another team's thread, you wouldn't have your yokels with the green glasses on to further back you up with no supporting evidence. Except if you count that one guy who honestly thinks GAA is a relative goalie metric, which it isn't (even if it was, both of Lowell's goalies have a better GAA than Santaguida anyway).

As for your inference that you "hooked me", that only makes sense if you're agreeing that what you wrote was ludicrous and was only posted to solicit a reaction. If that's the case, I agree it was asinine, and good troll. But I suspect you actually believe what you wrote, which just illustrates my point that you don't have the slightest idea of what your talking about.

Good luck this weekend. While I do enjoy seeing Vermont lose, Lowell is still (technically) alive for 1st if they beat Amherst and Vermont doesn't get swept. It'll require an extraordinary set of circumstances (and BC basically imploding) but I have no doubt that a team so vastly superior to Lowell should be able to at least take a game off of BC.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Current RPI SOS

Vermont #10
              UML #27

They don't lie. Vermont has a stronger SOS than Lowell. I never said otherwise. I said Lowell's wasn't "weak", it featured some very good teams. Lowell's OOC had better high end opponents, but a lot of filler at the bottom of the RPI forced by the crazy 11 team schedule. In a perfect scenario I personally wouldn't have scheduled AIC, Canisus and Penn State, but you play who's on the schedule. My point was you can't cherry pick your stats by omitting OOC play.

Yup, lost both to the Q. They're pretty, pretty good. Also lost to Sacred Heart the first game of the season, booooooooy was that embarrassing. But (true story), since that second lost to the Q on 10/25/13, Lowell has been 18-4-3. I'm fine with the team playing its best hockey at the end of the season.

See ya in a few weeks.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                There's only one stat that has any merit when it comes to goalies, and that's save percentage.

Hellebuyck - .937 (.941 overall)
                Santaguida - .926 (.921 overall)
                Right... because, you know, all shots are of the exact same quality. According to you Lowell is way better defensively ergo Hellebuyck is seeing fewer quality shots and yet out of a 100 shots he makes 1 extra save over Santaguida... Yeah great argument to bolster your "light years" ahead assertion. Idiot
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

On to BC... should be a great weekend and the Gutt will be packed. It's been a long time between games

BC is clearly the best team in HE but I do believe UVM can be competitive with them. Also lets face it, BC is on a 14 game unbeaten streak (why do we always have to play BC at the end of the year )... that can't go on forever. Further they have only 1 loss in league play. I can't see a team getting through a season without at least 3 losses... that means they need to lose 2 out of the next 5 games. May as well be against Vermont. Hopefully they will have a Beanpot hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Right... because, you know, all shots are of the exact same quality. According to you Lowell is way better defensively ergo Hellebuyck is seeing fewer quality shots and yet out of a 100 shots he makes 1 extra save over Santaguida... Yeah great argument to bolster your "light years" ahead assertion. Idiot
                    1 extra save over 100 shots means 1 less goal allowed every 3-4 games or so. That comes out to roughly 10 goals over the course of the season. Vermont is 6-4-3 in games decided by 1 goal or less so far this season. Make that 1 extra save in 7 games and UVM goes from 15-9-3 to 18-6-4. In league play, UVM is 4-3 in 1 goal games. Just make 1 extra save, and they go from 7-7-0 to 7-4-3, and those 3 extra points from you from 7th to a tie for 3rd. Think that 1 extra save in 100 shots doesn't make a huge difference?
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      1 extra save over 100 shots means 1 less goal allowed every 3-4 games or so. That comes out to roughly 10 goals over the course of the season. Vermont is 6-4-3 in games decided by 1 goal or less so far this season. Make that 1 extra save in 7 games and UVM goes from 15-9-3 to 18-6-4. In league play, UVM is 4-3 in 1 goal games. Just make 1 extra save, and they go from 7-7-0 to 7-4-3, and those 3 extra points from you from 7th to a tie for 3rd. Think that 1 extra save in 100 shots doesn't make a huge difference?
                      Boy you Lowell Boys seem to have a real issue with staying on topic, it's like you all have ADD or something.

So to recap for you intellectually challenged folk : 1 goal on 100 shots with a better team defense does not make you "light years" better...

As for your post, you will get no argument from me.

Comment

On to BC... should be a great weekend and the Gutt will be packed. It's been a long time between games

BC is clearly the best team in HE but I do believe UVM can be competitive with them. Also lets face it, BC is on a 14 game unbeaten streak (why do we always have to play BC at the end of the year )... that can't go on forever. Further they have only 1 loss in league play. I can't see a team getting through a season without at least 3 losses... that means they need to lose 2 out of the next 5 games. May as well be against Vermont. Hopefully they will have a Beanpot hangover.
                        It would sure be nice to get two points from BC (both in HE and in PWR).

Here is a summary (and projection) of what's left in HE:

HE Games Left
                        BC 5 - 2 @ UVM, H&H w/ UML, vs ND
                        UML 5 - vs Umass, H&H w/ BC, 2 @ UVM
                        NE 5 - @ Umass, 2 vs ME, H&H w/ BU
                        ME 6 - 2 vs MC, 2 @ NE, 2 vs PC
                        PC 6 - 2 vs ND, H&H w/ Umass, 2 @ ME
                        UVM 6 - 2 vs BC, 2 @ MC, 2 vs UML
                        UNH 4 - H&H w/ BU, 2 @ MC
                        ND 5 - 2 @ PC, 2 vs BU, @ BC
                        BU 6 - H&H w/ UNH, 2 @ ND, H&H w/ NE
                        UMASS 4 - @ UML, vs NE, H&H w/ PC
                        MC 6 - 2 @ ME, 2 vs UVM, 2 vs UNH

Place/Team/Additional Pro Points/Current Points/Final Points
                        1st BC 6 27 33
                        2nd UML 6 20 26
                        3rd NE 8 17 25
                        4th ME 8 16 24
                        5th PC 8 15 23
                        6th UVM 8 14 22
                        7th UNH 4 16 20
                        8th ND 6 11 17
                        9th -tie BU 2 9 11
                        9th -tie UMASS 0 11 11
                        11th MC 2 6 8
                        Last edited by UVM - Bruin; 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I will be at the Gut on Friday night but will probably have to watch Saturday night on TV. I haven't seen many of UVMs games on this away stretch but I did watch both UNH games this past weekend. Saturday night was a bit of a struggle for the win but hopefully these two games will bring a bit of confidence into this weekend vs a very tough BC team.

Comment

Does UVM have a free stream of their games? I feel like there was a good chance they did but can't remember.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Does UVM have a free stream of their games? I feel like there was a good chance they did but can't remember.
                              Yes
                              http://nsnsports.net/colleges/university-of-vermont/

Comment

Vermont and NU are way ahead of the curve with the free streams. I wish the rest of HE would figure it out.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X