ND looking to be the better team in the last 10 minutes

Comment

Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
      ND looking to be the better team in the last 10 minutes
      Another late goal let up by UVM...

Comment

Not sure if this was posted in a previous thread, but there was something on USHR about Ryan Rosenthal "officially" decommitting.

Comment

Vermont had the better chances but UND outplayed them..

Comment

well 5-3 isnt' embarrassing, although 4 unanswered goals is... hopefully UVM can even it up tonight. Sounds like a fair amount of special teams action... that is definitely not in UVM's favor....
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

We didn't embarrass ourselves and ND is a very good team, BUT it is just another loss and we blew a 2 goal lead. Hopefully we can build on this, but I'm long past looking at these kinda games as moral victories.

Comment

On the bright side 3 freshman got first goals. I thought Vermont played very well for a first game in a tough rink
                against a team with 15 draft picks. We surely were not outclassed. 2 of UND goals were flukey as was our first.
                Another game with alot of Pens but unlike the games last week most of these looked legit(Pags pen to put us 2
                down was probably the weakest)

Santa was good but maybe to agressive at times and commited early, also needs to make better plays when he handles
                the puck otherwise stay in net. Most of his clears went to UND players.

I liked the feed, and replays were nice. And for once the announcers were not blind homers who only see one way.

Powerplay while not perfect was doing a better job of moving the puck and not standing around hopefully we can get
                a unit to gel along the way.

All in all I am very hopefull. If UND is supposed to be a elite team we are not that far behind.
                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Vermont has to learn to clear the puck. Hamilton is the only one who clears it..everyone else just put it on a UND stick.

Comment

Decent game tonight by UVM but the posts were a big help. Hamilton had a good weekend but terrible give aways last minute of this game. At least UVM looks like they can move the puck around..

Comment

Decent game tonight by UVM but the posts were a big help. Hamilton had a good weekend but terrible give aways last minute of this game. At least UVM looks like they can move the puck around..
                      1 point from a UND squad that looks like the worst edition in many years is nothing to get giddy about.....although for UVM it probably is the highlight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                        1 point from a UND squad that looks like the worst edition in many years is nothing to get giddy about.....although for UVM it probably is the highlight of the year.
                        You obviously haven't seen the last few editions of UVM...they couldn't even pass the puck on the power play. At least now they can move it. Still can't score but one step at a time.

Comment

Congrats on the tie tonight... UND always starts a bit slow and I have a feeling that the outcome would be much different later in the year. That being said, Vermont played harder and took advantage of the chances that UND gave them. Your players seemed to handle themselves with class, same goes for the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            Congrats on the tie tonight... UND always starts a bit slow and I have a feeling that the outcome would be much different later in the year. That being said, Vermont played harder and took advantage of the chances that UND gave them. Your players seemed to handle themselves with class, same goes for the coaching staff.
                            Nice game like you said. I am sure UVM would kill for an arena like UND..that is a nice place.

Comment

Nice game like you said. I am sure UVM would kill for an arena like UND..that is a nice place.

Most NHL teams would kill for an arena like the Ralph... We are a bit spoiled. You know, leather, marble and all.

Comment

I would say that where this program is, has been the past few years, and where they are striving to go... that this was a decent weekend and pretty much all that could realistically be hoped for. While I know deep down I was hoping UVM could win one of these games I was pretty much expecting a Sue sweep. So all in all getting a tie and holding their own in the loss on Friday was a decent outcome on the weekend.

I think this team will do alright if they can improve throughout the year. Injuries were huge and a healthy squad may have been able to eke out at least one of the games.

Week off should allow the team to work on some things and focus before visiting PSU. This could be the make or break game of the season. A win gets them some reward and confidence that they are better then the preseason predictions. A loss and things could spiral out of control heading into a stretch of league games.

GO CATS GO!
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X