This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    The "Catamount Cup" may have always been this way... not sure, but back when it was sponsored by TD it was actual tournament format. I believe the reason they did it this way was so that you don't have in-league teams playing each other, and taking away the opportunity for an OOC game. At this point with the new leagues and expanded OOC schedule it's not really necessary anymore.

I agree, winners should play winners.
    As I understand it, the format is to always assure the home team gets the 7pm game. Attendance concerns I guess. Don't like it, but understand it.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      The "Catamount Cup" may have always been this way... not sure, but back when it was sponsored by TD it was actual tournament format. I believe the reason they did it this way was so that you don't have in-league teams playing each other, and taking away the opportunity for an OOC game. At this point with the new leagues and expanded OOC schedule it's not really necessary anymore.

I agree, winners should play winners.
      Thanks for the explanation. That actually makes a ton of sense.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by midge843 View Post
        They can't go skiing or do anything like that because they live in a cesspool. I lived in lowell for a couple of years. What an utter s*ithole. Seriously, Troy NY is the only shi**ier place to be.
        Troy does not have our "friend" so it will always be a slight cut above.

Comment

I really like the play of Pusckarich. I was a little nervous that his stats coming into UVM were over inflated after watching his first 2-3 games, but he has shown he is the real deal averaging almost a ppg. He will become a stud as he develops, gets bigger and stronger. Hope we have him for a few more years.

Would like to see more scoring out of some of the other guys. Brickley and Markinson come to mind as well as White. Time for them to step it up.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
            They are extremely similar. Conference championships mean jack s*it (except earning the last four spots in the tournament of 16). PLENTY of times the BEST teams have NOT won their respective conferences, and gone on to wreck havoc in the NCAA tournament. Your fallacious argument has been debunked.
            It took you 6 weeks, and that's all you could come up with? Maybe the best teams don't win their conferences all the time, but they also don't get swept at home in the 1st round by a lower-seeded team. Noticed that you also ignored the difference in record. I'd say that .707 and .628 aren't exactly similar. Sure, both are great seasons, but one is significantly better than the other.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by vstar View Post
              Now the ref that called a trip when UVM was down 2 and the puck didnt change possession or advantage hasnt been around

The trip was a good call. Change of possession has nothing to do with the call. The issue was the penalty prior those should have been matching.

Not the best officiated weekend.

Comment

Nice to see the Cats finally get it a little recognition in the HE blog. Now they need to back it up with a pair of strong games this coming weekend. scary to think they only have six RS home games remaining. That is just weird. Looking forward to the Dartmouth game if my car starts....

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                  Nice to see the Cats finally get it a little recognition in the HE blog.
                  Yeah, that was nice. Not often there's a "Page 1" article about the Cats, especially given our play in recent years. Disappointing though that the article was largely about the Catamount Cup using recycled quotes that were already out there. Oh well.

Also kinda cool that we cracked the top 20 in the weekly poll, although some of the teams in front of us are kind of ridiculous, most notably Notre Dame at #14. Fortunately the rankings don't mean jack and we're much higher in PairWise where it really counts. Plus, a nice win against Yale tomorrow will go a long way toward changing people's perception. Can't overlook Dartmouth though, which is feeling a little like a "trap" game to me. Go Cats.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ic-umass-maine

Some Hockey East commentary led by UVM
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Hey guys longtime UVM hockey fan here. Didn't realize people were talking about my favorite team on the web! Gonna have to read through some of these pages later and weigh in on the current state of affairs.

Excited about the game tonight vs Dartmouth and hoping we can make it through this weekend 2-0. Glad to find this forum thread and looking forward to chatting with you all the rest of the season.
                      Last edited by BTV802; 01-03-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                        Hey guys longtime UVM hockey fan here. Didn't realize people were talking about my favorite team on the web! Gonna have to read through some of these pages later and weigh in on the current state of affairs.

Excited about the game tonight vs Dartmouth and hoping we can make it through this weekend 2-0. Glad to find this forum thread and looking forward to chatting with you all the rest of the season.
                        Welcome aboard and looking forward to some new thoughts on UVM hockey. Go Cats Go!

Comment

Hey guys. I am a life fan of the Cats, have been going to the games since I was 6. As I get older I find myself getting frustrated with not really feeling like I don't know what is going on with the team. Hopefully joining this forum will help. I'm certainly not going to get any information from Ted Ryan or Alister Ingram. With that said, anyone know why Brickley hasn't been in the line up the last 2 games? I can guess that it has something to do with flapping his lips at the Clarkson game, but that's a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule617 View Post
                            Hey guys. I am a life fan of the Cats, have been going to the games since I was 6. As I get older I find myself getting frustrated with not really feeling like I don't know what is going on with the team. Hopefully joining this forum will help. I'm certainly not going to get any information from Ted Ryan or Alister Ingram. With that said, anyone know why Brickley hasn't been in the line up the last 2 games? I can guess that it has something to do with flapping his lips at the Clarkson game, but that's a guess.
                            Brickley was dinged up but maybe Sneddon is giving someone else more playing time as Brickley has really been struggling
                            to score any points. With the 1st and 4th lines playing so well it leaves about 10 guys fighting to play in the middle2 lines.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Thanks Cat lover. What avenues of info do you use? I listen to pre and post game, read BFP articles, and constantly visit hockey east and UVM websites, but can never seem to get any "behind the scenes" info. I am new to forums like this. Is this the way? Thanks again. And I agree, NEW ARENA.

Comment

Don't know why you don't think you get good information from Ted Ryan. He is always on top of things, and does a super job covering the Cats! The hockey program is very tight lipped on many fronts, and his weekly conversations with coach Sneddon provides as much info as anywhere. Unless you have a connection with players or staff, he is as good as it gets!

Comment

Working...
                                X