This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Please remind me what Vermont has won in the last five years. If you guessed "52 out of 162 games" (52-87-23) you are correct.
    If we look at the SOS Lowell sits at 33, pretty easy schedule so far, nothing to bragging about yet. Vermont May have some extRa home games along with the 5th toughest schedule in the league. It is good that we both took out of conference games to help boost Hockey East. Have fun with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
      And how many NCAA titles have you won? If you don't win it all it really doesn't matter... but if UVM doesn't win it all at least they are in Burlington a hell of lot better than being in Lowell
      Good point. And if UML was so dominant I wonder why their goal differential was not greater. Perceive what you want, UVM is a good team with additional upside in my opinion.

Comment

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        but I understand not wanting to get humiliated on your home ice THREE times in a season. Twice will have to do.
        Like you where when you played a AHA team at home?

Yea we know how tough they are. At least we didnt embarrass HE like you did.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Thanks for the trophy. At the end of the season you won't be able to dodge Lowell with a ridiculous "tournament" schedule.

Congrats to the River Hawks on a thoroughly dominant performance. They were the best team on the ice this weekend, and it wasn't even close.
          So *** Funny

I bet you had a whole different post ready to go before Fallon scored. I'm sure you
          would have had a whole different attitute and it wouldnt have anything to do with schedule.

UML had the best spot in the tourney so dont go crying. You played the same 2 teams
          as Vermont and got Clarkson on shorter rest. And truthfully it would have been a shame if
          Fallon didnt score and UML won the tourney because of a EN goal.

By the way was it you in the UML jersey riding the zamboni last night, you know the guy with
          the beard. Usually they only let kids ride but you seem to have the same maturity level so...
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Two more nice wins by the Cats, hopefully they can keep it up in the new year.

Just put PatronDick on ignore.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

now if the Cats would just start to take care of business in conference. I see PC/BC/UML taking the first three HE spots followed by a battle between everyone but Mass and Merrimack for the balance. Cats have outplayed three opponents three times and come up empty, that needs to stop. I'm far more confident with Hoffman in net than Santa. I like Santa but he's too small.

Comment

I for one feel bad for UMass-Lowell. Not only do they have to live in a city so utterly miserable, their fans have nothing better to do than go online and taunt others, they can't even win enough to make those fans happy. It's sad. Now, I for one am going skiing.
                Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                National Champions 1992, 2001
                21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                  I for one feel bad for UMass-Lowell. Not only do they have to live in a city so utterly miserable, their fans have nothing better to do than go online and taunt others, they can't even win enough to make those fans happy. It's sad. Now, I for one am going skiing.
                  Thats the problem, they can't go skiing.

Comment

Sneddon caught in an odd situation...somehow sportsmanship should trump all

Now the ref that called a trip when UVM was down 2 and the puck didnt change possession or advantage hasnt been around

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      If you're going to compare Vermont's '09 season to Lowell's '13 season, then just using league record doesn't tell the whole story (wait, jcarter ignore stats? That never happens!)

Vermont 2008-09 overall: 22-12-5
                      Lowell 2012-13 overall: 28-11-2

Vermont 2008-09 Hockey East playoffs: Swept at home in quarterfinals (by Lowell)
                      Lowell 2008-09 Hockey East playoffs: Won league tourney

But go ahead, keep convincing yourself that those seasons are similar.
                      They are extremely similar. Conference championships mean jack s*it (except earning the last four spots in the tournament of 16). PLENTY of times the BEST teams have NOT won their respective conferences, and gone on to wreck havoc in the NCAA tournament. Your fallacious argument has been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                        Good point. And if UML was so dominant I wonder why their goal differential was not greater. Perceive what you want, UVM is a good team with additional upside in my opinion.
                        Thought that to myself a number of times....UML fans are filled with delusional thoughts, so any rational explanation backed by data won't accomplish anything. Not worth your time, man. It's worse than talking to a wall. It's like arguing with a wall with special needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Thats the problem, they can't go skiing.
                          They can't go skiing or do anything like that because they live in a cesspool. I lived in lowell for a couple of years. What an utter s*ithole. Seriously, Troy NY is the only shi**ier place to be.

Comment

Thanks for the trophy. At the end of the season you won't be able to dodge Lowell with a ridiculous "tournament" schedule.

Congrats to the River Hawks on a thoroughly dominant performance. They were the best team on the ice this weekend, and it wasn't even close.
                            There are at least ten teams that are better and more intimidating than "your" lowell squad. For some reason I'm not shaking in my little boots ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                              It's like arguing with a wall with special needs.
                              I got a good laugh out of that one.....

I think this has been discussed before but why is the Catamount Cup not in the standard format of Winner plays Winner for the title and has it always been this way? I don't like this format. I would have rather pasted Lowell for the title than just outscore them in the overall tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                                I got a good laugh out of that one.....

I think this has been discussed before but why is the Catamount Cup not in the standard format of Winner plays Winner for the title and has it always been this way? I don't like this format. I would have rather pasted Lowell for the title than just outscore them in the overall tournament.
                                The "Catamount Cup" may have always been this way... not sure, but back when it was sponsored by TD it was actual tournament format. I believe the reason they did it this way was so that you don't have in-league teams playing each other, and taking away the opportunity for an OOC game. At this point with the new leagues and expanded OOC schedule it's not really necessary anymore.

I agree, winners should play winners.

Comment

Working...
                                X