No announcement yet.

Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    What's with the 200' x 90' ice?????
    Who thought that up and why?
    I'm not positive but the extra 5' shouldn't throw too many teams off if that was the thought.
    Just seems kinda strange.
    You don't owe anyone an explanation however it'd be interesting to know the thought process behind it.
    We were Olympic size until this summer. Lotsa rink modifications took place, and we're hoping more will take place over the next few years. Coach Hastings talked about the merits of NHL-sized rinks, but I don't think we were able to convert all the way to 85'. Not sure what may have prevented that.

Comment

Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      It was nice salvaging a split this weekend after Friday night's debacle. Let's see if we can have a four point weekend against an interesting UAA squad...
      I agree. We can't continue to split with everyone in the conference. Go Mavs!

Comment

Zach Stepan, who was on the preliminary roster for Team USA this summer, doesn't make the WJC team. Unfortunate break for the kid, but a fortunate break for the Mavericks, who won't be without him at all. Another "surprise" and a bigger one in my opinion is Cammarata from UMN not making it.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Zach Stepan, who was on the preliminary roster for Team USA this summer, doesn't make the WJC team. Unfortunate break for the kid, but a fortunate break for the Mavericks, who won't be without him at all. Another "surprise" and a bigger one in my opinion is Cammarata from UMN not making it.
          Cams has been having back issues lately. Might be that, or Lucia doesn't want to gut the Gophers.

The most likely thing is that he just wasn't good enough.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Got my North Star Cup tix this week. Looks as though they did a pretty good job of keeping people as close to their normal seats as possible.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              Got my North Star Cup tix this week. Looks as though they did a pretty good job of keeping people as close to their normal seats as possible.
              Agreed.

Stepan is hurt, BTW. Unfortunate break for the kid.
              AF 99

Comment

Agreed.

Stepan is hurt, BTW. Unfortunate break for the kid.
                He played again today, though.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Josh Nelson returns to he lineup tonight against the Nanooks. Huge series for the Mavs to kick off the second half of the season. Let's hope they can keep it rolling.
                  AF 99

Comment

Eriah Hayes made his NHL debut tonight for San Jose. Hopefully he becomes a regular in the Sharks lineup.

Comment

• Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

How do you outshoot a team 28-10 and lose the game? SMH.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        How do you outshoot a team 28-10 and lose the game? SMH.
                        If it makes you feel better, we're not entirely sure ourselves. Honestly, it was not really a lack of effort by MSU. Maybe a couple of breaks for UAA and a really good play we're the difference tonight.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Un-effing-believable. Again a huge margin in shots, and another loss. 1-3 on the Alaska swing. I'm glad they enjoyed the sight-seeing.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                            Un-effing-believable. Again a huge margin in shots, and another loss. 1-3 on the Alaska swing. I'm glad they enjoyed the sight-seeing.
                            They better get things figured out fast or this is going to be a season to forget. Tough series this weekend.
                            AF 99

Comment

They better get things figured out fast or this is going to be a season to forget. Tough series this weekend.
                              Against a tough team!

Comment

I'm a bit confused as to what happened. They were playing so well before Christmas and now....nothing. Giving up 2 goals on 10 shots and 3 goals on 16 shots is just asinine. Not being able to score on a guy that MSU has historically been pretty successful against and going 1-10 on the PP is even more baffling.

This weekend could be very ugly. Maybe this is just one of those teams that's very different at home than they are on the road and it will all be OK, but that might just be wishful thinking.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X