MTU @ tUMD: Talking in 3rd Person Non-Conference Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ tUMD: Talking in 3rd Person Non-Conference Style

I think a split would be good for Tech. Obviously getting a sweep would be great, but on the road, early in the season, I don't think anyone could reasonably expect that. I put it at 45% chance of a split, 45% chance of a UMD sweep, and 10% chance of a Tech sweep.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If Tech's going to split, I figure tonight is the night to try and catch Duluth by surprise. Start fast, set the tone, pop in a couple of goals early and keep up the intensity for the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?
        Hf906 sorry to report UMD also has a not so shabby net minder.
        Hd906 now hope to salvage split for good start to the year. Does anyone know who the Huskies brought as their two spare players this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          Hf906 sorry to report UMD also has a not so shabby net minder.
          Hd906 now hope to salvage split for good start to the year. Does anyone know who the Huskies brought as their two spare players this weekend.
          Biddco was surprised to see the goaltending and defense play so well. It was still a sloppy that game that is indicative of the first few weekends of the year.

Biddco HATES the Tech jerseys and wishes they would go back to the ones the last year.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Biddco is very happy that the season is finally beginning! But Biddco is sad that this series is now non-conference its continued future is in doubt. Biddco doesn't know if UMD will continue to schedule Tech as UMD has other in-state schools to schedule. Biddco obviously hopes they do because then he can visit Houghton. Biddco will have to wait until next year.

UMD sweeps as Toninato scores all the goals.
            They were talking about it on the TV. Judd mentioned the old jerseys had a tint of green while these don't? UMD21 never noticed it, but wonders if it's because they slightly fade through the season and now the series came so early in the season.
            tUMD is going to finish a lot better than many thing is what this guy postulates
            I wanna go fast!

Comment

HF906 fully expects to smile when hearing of a victory tonight while watching the Wings and Tigers.
              Hf906 further wishes UMD the best of luck after tonight and hopes they take it to the rest of their new league as they are now the only NCHC team that I will follow and root for.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                HF906 fully expects to smile when hearing of a victory tonight while watching the Wings and Tigers.
                Hf906 further wishes UMD the best of luck after tonight and hopes they take it to the rest of their new league as they are now the only NCHC team that I will follow and root for.
                Sec16RowA gives HF906 props for Tigers and Wings reference. Sec16RowA is native 313er, but livin in the 218 since Hull skated at the DECC. Sec16RowA W\will be staying home to cheer Tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to My9 to catch what Judd has to say and filtering out TH comments. Sec16RowA wants to personally thank Judd for commenting last night..."we did not look good on the PP, I mean, tUMD did not look good on the PP. I don't say "we", I am not a homer."

Sec16RowA was at game last night and noticed Copley was scary good. Sec16RowA thought tUMD frosh Tonto, Consonant challenged (Iaafaaaloo), Osto, Saucy, and Kobber all looked good and got lots of special teams play, especially PK. Sec16RowA thought both teams looked pretty ragged on PP, but it is the first game.
                tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                  Sec16RowA gives HF906 props for Tigers and Wings reference. Sec16RowA is native 313er, but livin in the 218 since Hull skated at the DECC. Sec16RowA W\will be staying home to cheer Tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to My9 to catch what Judd has to say and filtering out TH comments. Sec16RowA wants to personally thank Judd for commenting last night..."we did not look good on the PP, I mean, tUMD did not look good on the PP. I don't say "we", I am not a homer."

Sec16RowA was at game last night and noticed Copley was scary good. Sec16RowA thought tUMD frosh Tonto, Consonant challenged (Iaafaaaloo), Osto, Saucy, and Kobber all looked good and got lots of special teams play, especially PK. Sec16RowA thought both teams looked pretty ragged on PP, but it is the first game.
                  Can I get a translation?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowa View Post
                    sec16rowa w\will be staying home to cheer tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to my9 to catch what judd has to say and filtering out th comments.
                    tony time!!!!!!!!!!
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

so it's a tie? MTU wins? This is all new to me, but congrats. It was nice to see the shootout format, and I'll miss MTU even though I'm sure we'll see plenty of them in non-conference play in the future (or am I in denial since they've been our partners since the WCHA dual-series format that went into effect years ago). MTU was always really high on my priority list for road trips, partially because I almost went there, part because it sounds amazing during winter carnival. Never got there, doesn't help that we're no longer in the same conference and I'm in CO :-/

it was great seeing Sertie on the intermission interview. God I love that guy, I love Sandelin too, but Sertie was Bulldog hockey, maybe I wouldn't be the fan I am without him
                      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        It was nice to see the shootout format
                        Ummm, what?

Shootouts are terrible. They should not exist and people that like them shouldn't be able to call themselves hockey fans.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Ummm, what?

Shootouts are terrible. They should not exist and people that like them shouldn't be able to call themselves hockey fans.
                          Jon agrees that shoot outs suck.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

manurespreader agrees shootouts suck. if we are going to do it we ought to get something for it.

not happy about one of our players having concussion symptoms because of umd actions however. hopefully he will be ok. I thought that was bush league.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              manurespreader agrees shootouts suck. if we are going to do it we ought to get something for it.

not happy about one of our players having concussion symptoms because of umd actions however. hopefully he will be ok. I thought that was bush league.
                              Biddco missed that penalty and wishes he wouldn't have. Credit to tech for playing so well in net and defensively. They really kept UMD out of the slot and forced them to the corners and sides where they were checked off the puck.

Not sure how much techs strategy hurt UMD, but the team seemed off. Passes were not crisp, just a little off. Perhaps that will happen with such a young team so early into the season.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

tony time!!!!!!!!!!
                                Thanks, Biddy...Tigers pitched a one hit win!! Are youse guys going to go all Toga sometime this year? And I mean the garb not the venue on CP drive...
                                tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Working...
                                X