PDA

View Full Version : MTU @ tUMD: Talking in 3rd Person Non-Conference Style



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Biddco
10-09-2013, 07:45 AM
I usually try to make the games at Duluth, but not this year. Non-conference games interest me less, and I have better things to spend my money on. I'd much rather go up to Houghton for a home series than go to Duluth for a weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8

Huskiefan906
10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
tHuskiefan906 is happy that we have better goaltending than than tUMD and should be a big factor this weekend.

GO TECH

Biddco
10-09-2013, 09:01 PM
tHuskiefan906 is happy that we have better goaltending than than tUMD and should be a big factor this weekend.

GO TECH
It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?

oldish husky
10-10-2013, 06:49 AM
It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?

tOldish Husky's thoughts exactly.

Wi.Huskies Fan
10-10-2013, 10:43 AM
It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?

WHF thinks the Tech goaltending will be better and more consistent with a year under their belts in the NCAA.

Wi.Huskies Fan
10-10-2013, 10:44 AM
It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?

WHF thinks the Tech goaltending will be better and more consistent with a year under their belts in the NCAA.

bigblue_dl
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
WHF thinks the Tech goaltending will be better and more consistent with a year under their belts in the NCAA.

I would really like to see one of the goalies jump out and claim the #1 spot. I don't like going back and forth between 2 guys, I think if you give a guy the job, and he knows he's the man, he can spend time worrying about stopping the puck and not whether or not he's going to lose his position. The problem is, one of the guys needs to play well enough to warrant giving him the #1 job.

Biddco
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Biddco is very excited about visiting Duluth this weekend. Being the first weekend and the teams only have a week of official practices it is easy to notice the rust. While UMD dominated Lakehead U, Biddy is pretty sure they are one of the worst CIS teams.

Ralph Baer
10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
drshoen always appreciates the 3rd person thread, and hopes MTU & tUMD will continue to play annually. drshoen has no idea who will win, as drshoen is much too eastern biased to know who is better.

RB has to read western threads to agree on something with a CCT fan.
RB has never agreed on anything with a fan of #26. :D

wolverineTrumpet
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM
wolverineTrumpet enjoys posting in 3rd person. wT is excited for hockey season.
wT will be cheering for tMel and the Huskies, but expects a split this weekend.

bigblue_dl
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I think a split would be good for Tech. Obviously getting a sweep would be great, but on the road, early in the season, I don't think anyone could reasonably expect that. I put it at 45% chance of a split, 45% chance of a UMD sweep, and 10% chance of a Tech sweep.

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
If Tech's going to split, I figure tonight is the night to try and catch Duluth by surprise. Start fast, set the tone, pop in a couple of goals early and keep up the intensity for the entire game.

Huskiefan906
10-11-2013, 10:52 PM
It is only better goaltending when it shows up. Will it be the goaltending that appeared versus UMD? Or the goaltending that appeared at GLI?

Hf906 sorry to report UMD also has a not so shabby net minder.
Hd906 now hope to salvage split for good start to the year. Does anyone know who the Huskies brought as their two spare players this weekend.

Biddco
10-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Hf906 sorry to report UMD also has a not so shabby net minder.
Hd906 now hope to salvage split for good start to the year. Does anyone know who the Huskies brought as their two spare players this weekend.

Biddco was surprised to see the goaltending and defense play so well. It was still a sloppy that game that is indicative of the first few weekends of the year.

Biddco HATES the Tech jerseys and wishes they would go back to the ones the last year.

UMD21
10-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Biddco is very happy that the season is finally beginning! But Biddco is sad that this series is now non-conference its continued future is in doubt. Biddco doesn't know if UMD will continue to schedule Tech as UMD has other in-state schools to schedule. Biddco obviously hopes they do because then he can visit Houghton. Biddco will have to wait until next year.


UMD sweeps as Toninato scores all the goals.

They were talking about it on the TV. Judd mentioned the old jerseys had a tint of green while these don't? UMD21 never noticed it, but wonders if it's because they slightly fade through the season and now the series came so early in the season.
tUMD is going to finish a lot better than many thing is what this guy postulates

Huskiefan906
10-12-2013, 09:54 AM
HF906 fully expects to smile when hearing of a victory tonight while watching the Wings and Tigers.
Hf906 further wishes UMD the best of luck after tonight and hopes they take it to the rest of their new league as they are now the only NCHC team that I will follow and root for.

section16rowA
10-12-2013, 02:16 PM
HF906 fully expects to smile when hearing of a victory tonight while watching the Wings and Tigers.
Hf906 further wishes UMD the best of luck after tonight and hopes they take it to the rest of their new league as they are now the only NCHC team that I will follow and root for.

Sec16RowA gives HF906 props for Tigers and Wings reference. Sec16RowA is native 313er, but livin in the 218 since Hull skated at the DECC. Sec16RowA W\will be staying home to cheer Tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to My9 to catch what Judd has to say and filtering out TH comments. Sec16RowA wants to personally thank Judd for commenting last night..."we did not look good on the PP, I mean, tUMD did not look good on the PP. I don't say "we", I am not a homer."

Sec16RowA was at game last night and noticed Copley was scary good. Sec16RowA thought tUMD frosh Tonto, Consonant challenged (Iaafaaaloo), Osto, Saucy, and Kobber all looked good and got lots of special teams play, especially PK. Sec16RowA thought both teams looked pretty ragged on PP, but it is the first game.

bigblue_dl
10-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Sec16RowA gives HF906 props for Tigers and Wings reference. Sec16RowA is native 313er, but livin in the 218 since Hull skated at the DECC. Sec16RowA W\will be staying home to cheer Tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to My9 to catch what Judd has to say and filtering out TH comments. Sec16RowA wants to personally thank Judd for commenting last night..."we did not look good on the PP, I mean, tUMD did not look good on the PP. I don't say "we", I am not a homer."

Sec16RowA was at game last night and noticed Copley was scary good. Sec16RowA thought tUMD frosh Tonto, Consonant challenged (Iaafaaaloo), Osto, Saucy, and Kobber all looked good and got lots of special teams play, especially PK. Sec16RowA thought both teams looked pretty ragged on PP, but it is the first game.Can I get a translation?

Biddco
10-12-2013, 04:06 PM
sec16rowa w\will be staying home to cheer tigers vs. Sawks and jumping over to my9 to catch what judd has to say and filtering out th comments.

tony time!!!!!!!!!!

UMD21
10-12-2013, 09:40 PM
so it's a tie? MTU wins? This is all new to me, but congrats. It was nice to see the shootout format, and I'll miss MTU even though I'm sure we'll see plenty of them in non-conference play in the future (or am I in denial since they've been our partners since the WCHA dual-series format that went into effect years ago). MTU was always really high on my priority list for road trips, partially because I almost went there, part because it sounds amazing during winter carnival. Never got there, doesn't help that we're no longer in the same conference and I'm in CO :-/

it was great seeing Sertie on the intermission interview. God I love that guy, I love Sandelin too, but Sertie was Bulldog hockey, maybe I wouldn't be the fan I am without him