Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

In other news, MeanEgirl reminded me that 10 years ago today is the official birth of Mitch's Misfits when we first handed out Misfits t-shirts at the Friday Winter Carnival game in 2004 vs St. Cloud State...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      In other news, MeanEgirl reminded me that 10 years ago today is the official birth of Mitch's Misfits when we first handed out Misfits t-shirts at the Friday Winter Carnival game in 2004 vs St. Cloud State...
      Happy Birthday! Hope there are many more.

Comment

Game Day! Let's ride the Chargers to a Winter Carnival Championship and a higher standing the WCHA playoffs.

I need a new cover photo of the team with a trophy so let's get it done this weekend!

Go Tech!

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Yeah, Happy Winter carnival!

I'm probably more nervous about this weekend than I should be, we can't have any let downs.

Comment

Random question: Whatever happened to the GLI banners at the JMSIA?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Random question: Whatever happened to the GLI banners at the JMSIA?
              I think it just got too depressing to walk in there every weekend and see that Tech hadn't won in 30 years. Of course, now that they won again...

Maybe also a wall space issue post-renovation with the suites.

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching your boys for a full game. I've caught a little on PIP during intermissions and such, but I haven't spent a full game looking at them. Your radio people are top-notch in pre-game.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Dirk is great on the radio. Does he have randy or Brent on color? We've spotted two of your kind bundled up and braving the snow.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    Dirk is great on the radio. Does he have randy or Brent on color? We've spotted two of your kind bundled up and braving the snow.
                    I think that it's been just Dirk in pre-game. I haven't been listening carefully. I used to do hockey radio for us, but our pre-game was about 10 minutes: cuts from the last game, a little analysis, an interview with the head coach, etc. Using cuts from around the league is way impressive. They had goal calls from UA-UAH last weekend and Bob Daniels about the Final Five in GR. I'm impressed.

Oh, how I wish that I was up there.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good win. No gold jersey's tonight, maybe tomorrow. Hopefully Petan is okay.

Mel's postgame invterview, it took him a long time to get up to Dirk:
                      Wasn't prettiest of games, but got win
                      Ready to play, good start, got the goal, didn't finish other chances
                      impressed with UAH, worked extremely hard, pushed us, we'll have to play better tomorrow
                      Pheonix had to make a couple big saves, Tanner scores shortly after that, timely goals, didn't score on best chances
                      PP slow start early, took momentum away from us
                      UAH great job blocking our shots on PP, have to tweak PP to get better
                      UAH has been a much better team on Satuday
                      Pheonix played well, subtle saves
                      Jacob J. creating scoring chances beacause of speed, has some confidence, good to see him playing well
                      Alex Petan kept him out for precautionary reasons, game time decision tomorrow, good range of motion with injury, missed him with shorter bench
                      Roster changes with earlier start tomorrow? YEs, already told kids they'll be in tomorrow. Gets some fresh legs in.
                      UAH will show up/play hard, we have to be better, set the tone and play stronger and smarter.

Comment

Did any of you see which of our skaters was in a sling down the runway? Dirk mentioned it, but his color guy didn't count noses to figure out which guy it was. I can guarantee you that Larose will be in after Guerriero tweaked his groin. I sure hope that Petan is okay. I'm glad that Reider lit him up — we needed to set the tone (not that it helped) —*but I do want him to be well.

That first goal by Pietila was **** pretty.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Tech highlights look like a team finding their scoring touch...

Sturos looks 300% better than when I saw him in Ann Arbor. He has really stepped up.
                          So has Malcolm Gould.

If Petan can't play tonight, put Gould up with Kero and Furne.
                          Put J. Johnstone with Eick and Neville.
                          Let's see a Heinonen Rix Vallis or Baltus Rix Vallis 4th line.

I thought Anderson might play this weekend, but unlikely given UAH's strong performance.

Go Tech, who gets to kiss the queen tonight Kero, Pietila, or Stebner (married, probably not)???
                          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 02-08-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

You got your points! Best of luck the rest of the way, y'all. I've said before that I feel that Tech is the University most like our own.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I've said before that I feel that Tech is the University most like our own.

GFM
                              What do your coeds look like?

Comment

I'd say we played well for about 35 minutes, and let our guard down too much the remaining 25.

Comment

Working...
                                X