Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

I was out of it for all of the pre-season stuff. I heard about Guerttler's issue, but not the suspension. How long is he out?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
      I was out of it for all of the pre-season stuff. I heard about Guerttler's issue, but not the suspension. How long is he out?
      Who? This Gopher team is so talent laden that Guertler the Floridian will have an uphill battle if he gets a chance next month to break into the Gopher lineup.

"Sometimes there are difficult lessons that kids have to have, and that certainly happened this fall with one of our young men," Lucia said. "In some regards hopefully it will be the best thing that ever happened to him in the long run in terms of his maturity and everything else."

When it was first announced, Lucia said Guertler was suspended indefinitely, and his status would be reevaluated sometime in November. As for what that will do to his team's depth, Lucia is unconcerned.

"I think we have enough good players that it shouldn't impact us," Lucia said. "He's going to have to fight to get back into the lineup after a month-plus when we're playing."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
        It was imposed by coach Lucia, he said it would be evaluated in November. I would assume by mid November we should see him in the lineup if everything else worked itself out.

Edit: We play at Notre Dame Nov 8th and 9th - perfect time to evaluate and put young Gabe in the lineup.
        Last edited by Driftryder; 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          Who? This Gopher team is so talent laden that Guertler the Floridian will have an uphill battle if he gets a chance next month to break into the Gopher lineup.
          He's an extremely talented player. I will be surprised if he doesn't get worked in as soon as his suspension is up. I'd put him on the 3rd line in Isackson's spot.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            It was imposed by coach Lucia, he said it would be evaluated in November. I would assume by mid November we should see him in the lineup if everything else worked itself out.

Edit: We play at Notre Dame Nov 8th and 9th - perfect time to evaluate and put young Gabe in the lineup.
            From how Lucia sounded at the radio show last night, it seems like they'll be re-evaluating the situation during the off week between BC and ND. Sounded like he's been doing great in practice, so that's a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
              From how Lucia sounded at the radio show last night, it seems like they'll be re-evaluating the situation during the off week between BC and ND. Sounded like he's been doing great in practice, so that's a good sign.
              Good to hear. Thanks Steve, I wasn't able to catch the show last night. Did Lucia say anything else of note on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Good to hear. Thanks Steve, I wasn't able to catch the show last night. Did Lucia say anything else of note on the show?
                Nothing truly noteworthy in my mind. A few comments about how certain players are playing, but all that seems to line up with our collected observations already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                  Nothing truly noteworthy in my mind. A few comments about how certain players are playing, but all that seems to line up with our collected observations already.
                  Thanks again Steve.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ktYJsJq-E#t=25

Comment

• No Mercy!

Comment

Q & A chatter from the BC Interruption on the Wisconsin ***kickin' last weekend and this weekend's Tilt of the Titans with the Gophers.

Comment

US junior team info from Gophersports - http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...on-sweden.html

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Hockey announced today that the 2014 U.S. National Junior Team will hold a four-day training camp Dec. 15-18 in Minneapolis. Five practices are scheduled at the University of Minnesota's Mariucci Arena, while a pre-tournament game at Minnesota State University is set for Dec. 17. Team USA will defend its gold medal at the 2014 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship in Malmo, Sweden, Dec. 26, 2013-Jan. 5, 2014.

The preliminary roster for the 2014 U.S. National Junior Team will be unveiled in early December.

From Minneapolis, training camp will move on to Angelholm, Sweden, Dec. 19-23. The U.S. will play pre-tournament games Dec. 20 vs. Sweden and Dec. 22 vs. Finland. The final 23-player U.S. National Junior Team roster will be announced Dec. 23.

In August, 44 players attended the 2013 U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid, N.Y. Complete details from that camp can be found here.

NOTES: Practices at Mariucci Arena will be open to the public ..
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

The B1G has a show called Big Ten Elite and it's airing the 1979 Gophers after the Minnesota-BC game Friday night.

Next Episode - Friday 10:30 pm ET
                            1979 Minnesota Hockey

Led by legendary Head Coach Herb Brooks the 1979 Golden Gophers skated to a 3rd National title in a 6-year span. Extended interviews with future 1980 US Olympic Team members; Neal Broten, Mike Ramsey, Steve Janaszak, Rob McClanahan, & Bill Baker
                            http://btn.com/shows/big-ten-elite/
                            sigpic

Comment

The B1G has a show called Big Ten Elite and it's airing the 1979 Gophers after the Minnesota-BC game Friday night.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks! DVR set.

Comment

Working...
                                X