Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Surprised that close to unanimous. Hasn't ND only allowed like 3 goals in 4 games? And Ylae hasn't given up a single goal this season.
    Gophers and Irish are also 1-2 on USCHO poll which was just posted:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Surprised that close to unanimous. Hasn't ND only allowed like 3 goals in 4 games? And Ylae hasn't given up a single goal this season.
      Given up 5 in 4 while scoring 17 for ND. The next two weeks will tell a lot more about the Gophers than the previous two weeks have.

Comment

Ylae has been impressive defensively, but have done absolutely nothing on offense. Is the ranking really justified?
        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Ylae could be 1-3 and some eastern writer with a Ylae hard on would still give them 1st place votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            Ylae could be 1-3 and some eastern writer with a Ylae hard on would still give them 1st place votes.
            Remove Ylae and insert "any ECAC team"
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
              Ylae has been impressive defensively, but have done absolutely nothing on offense. Is the ranking really justified?
              Yeah, but that is what people say about Bye, yet we've never beaten them!

Comment

Don't know if it a lack of confidence, or too much sometimes. He usually gets in trouble because he tries to hold the puck too long. Sometimes he does this and stickhandling bails him out of a spot where I am sure he'll lose it. Other times, he just loses it. He seems to think at times that he can carry it through 3 opponents, when everyone else will pass. The biggest issue to me is consistency. He has games wherer you just notice the good, and others where it is reversed.
                He is a turnover machine that hasn't ajusted to NCAA play. I would be shocked if he plays more than 50% of the time.
                Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

No one cares about the Poles.

Comment

I think confidence has become an issue for Isackson. His first couple of shifts on Saturday were brutal, but he settled down and eliminated some of those mistakes as the game wore on.
                    It certainly is interesting. The kid has a lot of talent, but has struggled to put it together into (as already noted) a consistent performance night in and night out. There are a number of guys pressing for playing time, and unlike last year if he doesn't figure it out I expect to see C. Reilly or Guertler in the line-up ahead of him for most the year.

I also agree that the next few weeks will be much more telling than the last couple. I was very pleased with the two wins this past weekend, as I wasn't sure how the team would handle a non-conference series against a not-so-elite/not-so-exciting team. They went in and handled business, and that was great to see.
                    And while I agree with Hammy to some extent (not sure if the post was in this thread or a different one) that the manner in which they have won games so far has been impressive, it's a whole other cup of tea when you take on top-caliber opponents. One of the hallmarks of extremely talented younger/inexperienced teams is that they can look like world beaters against the bottom-tier competition but really struggle to win games against the top-tier. So while they passed an important test this past weekend, my feeling is that the more important tests are coming up against BC, Notre Dame and the start of conference play against Wisco.

That said, I've continued to be impressed by the freshman class. I've already talked about Fasching, but that goal Kloos scored on Saturday was super slick. Takes a lot of composure and confident instinct to pull that kind of play off. You can see flashes of the kind of vision and anticipation that Cammarata possesses and Lettieri is going to be loads of fun to watch over this season and the next few. Not to mention the nearly mistake-free games put in by Brodzinski and Bischoff.

Comment

One other thing I didn't mention was special teams. They need to be better. You can get away with sub-par special teams against lesser opposition, but we all know how hard it is to score 5-on-5 against the top teams. They have the talent to improve in that department, but they need to translate that talent into results. Otherwise, my feeling is that they will have a hard time earning W's against the better teams out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        No one cares about the Poles.
                        Brodzinski does.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          Brodzinski does.
                          I'm pretty sure he cares more about the Pole Dancer.

Comment

Originally posted by mngopherguy View Post
                            He is a turnover machine that hasn't ajusted to NCAA play. I would be shocked if he plays more than 50% of the time.
                            I had posted on GPL that I didn't think he would sit very often this year. After his two games so far I am quickly changing my tune.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              I had posted on GPL that I didn't think he would shhit very often this year. After his two games so far I am quickly changing my tune.
                              FYP.

Comment

Regarding Isackson...the coaching staff has a pretty good idea where he's at. They've seen him plenty in practice...the question is primarily whether his play accurately translates to games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cams continue to sharpen. The guy had high expectations...but he's got the skills to match.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X