Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Is it just me or do I sense a lot of apathy toward the blah Ten regular season games. I have a hard time getting excited about any of these games,
    I think it's just on the message boards. I certainly don't have any apathy watching the games but coming here has been a little lack luster.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      I think it's just on the message boards. I certainly don't have any apathy watching the games but coming here has been a little lack luster.
      Between the idiots and the spambots, the D1 side has almost become an afterthought to me. I basically treat this as another social media site to keep in touch with people not on the Facebook or the Tweeter Machine.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Is it just me or do I sense a lot of apathy toward the blah Ten regular season games. I have a hard time getting excited about any of these games,
        Rome wasn't built over night. It's going to take time to develop hatred towards the other Big ten schools.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I have to admit I was wrong when I stated awhile back that Olympic size ice makes for better hockey than NHL sized. All of you who said I was wrong, and linked to the guy from that perennial hockey power, AK Anchorage, who said that big ice promotes just standing around the perimeter and passing it around, were right. This Olympic hockey is so boring. That US-Russia game was so boring. Guys just standing around, passing it around the perimeter and never shooting. It is not at all a case where the highly skilled players have a little more room to make exciting plays. I can't wait for the NHL to return so we can see all those exciting goals where there are 9 guys in front of the net hacking at the puck until someone hacks it in. If the NHL ever DID go to bigger ice, it would just be a snoozefest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
            I have to admit I was wrong when I stated awhile back that Olympic size ice makes for better hockey than NHL sized. All of you who said I was wrong, and linked to the guy from that perennial hockey power, AK Anchorage, who said that big ice promotes just standing around the perimeter and passing it around, were right. This Olympic hockey is so boring. That US-Russia game was so boring. Guys just standing around, passing it around the perimeter and never shooting. It is not at all a case where the highly skilled players have a little more room to make exciting plays. I can't wait for the NHL to return so we can see all those exciting goals where there are 9 guys in front of the net hacking at the puck until someone hacks it in. If the NHL ever DID go to bigger ice, it would just be a snoozefest.
            Bandy baby just bandy.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Oh yeah, and the big ice last night also made for a boring game with UMi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                Oh yeah, and the big ice last night also made for a boring game with UMi.
                So you watched the gold medal game in 2010? The 2002 FF? The WCHA FF the past dozen years? Either of at least the last two Stanley Cup finals? Good hockey teams find ways to play exciting hockey on either ice sheet and I for one am glad Mecca is shrinking despite believing the opposite for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  I 100% agree with this. However, the train has left the station and I've given up fighting. It's like the Big 10, it's coming so deal or just end up being a grumpy old man.

Since Michigan had the inside track they've lost three games and the Gophers have swept a series. Minnesota still has a tough last couple of weeks but if they sweep Penn State at home they should be in good shape for a third regular season title. That's amazing given how hard those are to win.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Methinks the Gophers have found their 4th line.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      I think the Gophs emphatically answered the call this week. I believe those in the biz would have called this a "statement series."

What a fun season so far.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        C. Reilly, Guertler, and Letierri were awesome indeed. Keep them together!
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Yeah, they were really good.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            Would be nice to have him(Bischoff) back in the lineup this weekend. Any word on Serratore?

I would assume Brodzinski won't be back until after the bye week? Would be nice to have a full lineup heading into the stretch run.
                            I just read in the Pioneer Press that UMTC has TWO weeks off....wow that is a big break at this time of the season. Is that because they have not had any other weekends off this season? Or because of only five B1G opponents?
                            tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              So you watched the gold medal game in 2010? The 2002 FF? The WCHA FF the past dozen years? Either of at least the last two Stanley Cup finals? Good hockey teams find ways to play exciting hockey on either ice sheet and I for one am glad Mecca is shrinking despite believing the opposite for decades.
                              I agree to a point, that when there is a lot on the line, the quality will improve, because of the intensity. But; 1. saying there were good games in the past on NHL sized ice does not prove the point that some made that Olympic Ice makes for boring hockey, and 2. During those games that are not intense, like regular season NHL, the increase space, promoting a skating, play-making style would probably be more evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                My guess is he keeps doesn't sit the rest for the rest of the season. Ryan Reilly had some much improved games and each of the guys who have sat have had some good times. One weekend of very good play does not insure they will continue at that level. The nature of hockey, and especially of guys competing for a final spot.

But there is no denying they played well.

Comment

Working...
                                X