Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Watched the Bischoff hit a few times on a replay of the game. Knowing you've mentioned the Bischoff family in the past, I tried to post it for ya, but couldn't get it to post here. For someone that's had a history of concussions, that hit was about as bad as it gets. Jake had already released the puck when Soleway blindsided him at full speed. Soleway who is 6'3", 215, obviously telegraphed it with intent to injure. You can see Jake's head literally bounce off the glass a few times like a ping pong ball.

A very dangerous, brutal hit and a clear boarding/interference (charging?) penalty at the very least. With the puck leaving his stick about 3 seconds earlier, I don't know how the refs missed the call. I got hit almost EXACTLY like that on the west coast in the ECHL, woke up in a pool of blood and was taken to emergency immediately afterwards for stitches on my face...no concussion though. Hope he's ok.
    First, although I know it's a repetitive statement. You are a *********.

Here are stills of the hit. Note the clock. Rather then 3 seconds, this entire sequence takes place in about two tenths of a second. A Badger commented in the scoring thread that this could have been a penalty as it was close. (Oh, that was me.) It's certainly not charging though.

It's certainly not dirty. Soleway hits shoulder to shoulder, his right skate inside Jake's left. Intent to injure? Soleway isn't even looking at Jake when they collide, his head is following the puck. He didn't line Jake up to hurt him without regard to the play. The ref's "missed" the call because it was a close play. If Jake is hurt, it's very unfortunate, no one wants to see him get hurt. Same goes for Rau btw. A Badger fan expressed concern over Bischoff immediately following the game. (Oh. That was me.)

The most dangerous play in this game was when Fasching sent Besse head first into the boards CFB. Any Badgers crying about that one? No. Not a one. It was a bad play but no one is questioning "intent to injure." Perhaps you should have recieved a little better medical attention in the Big Bad ECHL. (A league incidentally Jake McCabe will never have the skills to have to play in you giant dick bag. )

Again, I hope Jake is ok and best wishes to him. He's a very good player.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Say what you will about UW in the past, but they've had a team you can respect. Don't like the direction though. I hope UW doesn't turn into the Canadian goon squad of the NCAAs.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        Did you hear anything about Bischoff Scooby?

Scoobs - Really, writing them off already? It was one weekend, sweep the ugly helmets and we are looking good again with Penn State coming in after that. I think our game is better played against a team like Michigan anyway, they like to push the pace like the Gophers do. "Trap" teams give us fits it seems.
        75% is still pretty good for a Scooby glass. Didn't we think it was quite suprising for the glass to be overflowing for as long as it was?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Say what you will about UW in the past, but they've had a team you can respect. Don't like the direction though. I hope UW doesn't turn into the Canadian goon squad of the NCAAs.
          Oh it certainly is easy not to respect them. Watch...

Better dead than red!
          Bucky sucks!
          ...etc...
          There's more but they get more unsuitable to be posted in open forum.

Comment

Monday and the series thread is.......?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              First, although I know it's a repetitive statement. You are a *********.

Here are stills of the hit. Note the clock. Rather then 3 seconds, this entire sequence takes place in about two tenths of a second. A Badger commented in the scoring thread that this could have been a penalty as it was close. (Oh, that was me.) It's certainly not charging though.

It's certainly not dirty. Soleway hits shoulder to shoulder, his right skate inside Jake's left. Intent to injure? Soleway isn't even looking at Jake when they collide, his head is following the puck. He didn't line Jake up to hurt him without regard to the play. The ref's "missed" the call because it was a close play. If Jake is hurt, it's very unfortunate, no one wants to see him get hurt. Same goes for Rau btw. A Badger fan expressed concern over Bischoff immediately following the game. (Oh. That was me.)

The most dangerous play in this game was when Fasching sent Besse head first into the boards CFB. Any Badgers crying about that one? No. Not a one. It was a bad play but no one is questioning "intent to injure." Perhaps you should have recieved a little better medical attention in the Big Bad ECHL. (A league incidentally Jake McCabe will never have the skills to have to play in you giant dick bag. )

Again, I hope Jake is ok and best wishes to him. He's a very good player.
              Haha...someone's throwing a temmmper. tantrum. My post was not directed to you clown, but I'll take a few moments to sort through your drivel if it makes you feel "validated". I didn't say it was charging, but questioned whether it was. The "3 seconds" was more hyperbole than anything else...Einstein.

He isn't looking at Jake, so the contact was incidental? Please tell me you can see all that in your failed, time consuming and poorly fabricated attempt to win an argument? So he just happened to bump into him...oops excuse me...sorry I hit you? Right, Soleway is a moron who doesn't have the cognitive capability to focus on two things at the same time. Are you always this stupid or are you trying EXTRA hard here today?

It was not only illegal, but it was also dirty hit, plain and simple. Why? In Pee Wees you learn if you lean left or right, the skates tend go in that direction rather quickly. Of course I wouldn't expect you to know that. The hit could have easily been avoided, I've done it many, many times. He telegraphed it and was intent on delivering a brutal, blindside hit to the body regardless of the fact he KNEW the puck had already left Jake's stick ("his head is following the puck" - REMEMBER??). That's intent to injure and a penalty. Moreover, the hit was unnecessary and dangerous, especially at the speed and angle it was delivered.

Funny...you keep repeating, "That was me". Not at all surprised though, typically individuals with Daddy issues like yourself tend to do that. This is classic: "A league incidentally Jake McCabe will never have the skills to have to play in you giant dick bag". You forgot to throw your Tonka truck and add...na, na, nana, na. Now take your deflated ball and go home son...game over.

Comment

So Bischoff apparently doesn't have a concussion, at least, just banged up. Someone posted on GPL they heard he might be ready by this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  So Bischoff apparently doesn't have a concussion, at least, just banged up. Someone posted on GPL they heard he might be ready by this weekend.
                  Where did you hear he didn't have a concussion?

I mentioned on GPL that he might be back this weekend. Talking with tDon at the radio show on Monday, it sounded like Bischoff hadn't practiced on Monday but that he might be ready for Friday. Certainly no official word on the extent of the injury or anything.

Comment

Would be nice to have him(Bischoff) back in the lineup this weekend. Any word on Serratore?

I would assume Brodzinski won't be back until after the bye week? Would be nice to have a full lineup heading into the stretch run.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Gophers to honor Mayasich Friday night.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...021114aaa.html

The University of Minnesota and Gopher Hockey will salute the legendary John Mayasich during Friday’s Big Ten Conference matchup with Michigan at Mariucci Arena.

The salute to Mayasich is part of Minnesota's Olympic celebration, honoring the university's long-standing history at the Winter Games including six Gopher Hockey alums in Sochi this year (the University of Minnesota has a total of 14 representatives at this year's competition). Mayasich's eight U.S. national team appearances are a U.S. record while the forward earned an Olympic silver medal in 1956 and a gold medal in 1960.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        Would be nice to have him(Bischoff) back in the lineup this weekend. Any word on Serratore?

I would assume Brodzinski won't be back until after the bye week? Would be nice to have a full lineup heading into the stretch run.
                        From what tDon said on the show, I'd agree. They're hoping Brodzinski will be back for PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                          Where did you hear he didn't have a concussion?
                          Inferring: 1. I heard a few things which sound like he doesn't. Not specific confirmation.
                          2. Concussions have set him back a lot longer than a week in the past, so I don't think there would be anyway they'd talk about his possible return this weekend if that were the case.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about robocop? Stupid spammers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Inferring: 1. I heard a few things which sound like he doesn't. Not specific confirmation.
                              2. Concussions have set him back a lot longer than a week in the past, so I don't think there would be anyway they'd talk about his possible return this weekend if that were the case.
                              Ahhh... thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Is it just me or do I sense a lot of apathy toward the blah Ten regular season games. I have a hard time getting excited about any of these games,

Comment

Working...
                                X