PDA

View Full Version : Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58

William Blake
04-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Wilcox was named only West Second Team All-American under Brittan. Slap in the face if you ask me.

Well, Brittain did lead him in minutes played, which, as we all know is the chief statistic for judging a goalie's skill. GAA and save % are way overrated.

Stauber1
04-12-2014, 12:20 AM
That's preposterous.
If it was Motte or even Rumpel I could understand. I wouldn't agree with it but I could understand it.

Quite frankly, I think it's debatable whether or not Brittain was even in the top-5 for Western goaltenders this year.

mnturkey
04-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Puck drops in a couple minutes
Wilcox will prove the difference.
Go gophers

FredsDeadFriend
04-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Puck drops in a couple minutes
Wilcox will prove the difference.
Go gophers

I think that it all depends on Wilcox. If he has a stellar game, we win. If he has a sub par game, we lose, maybe by a large margin?

But I think Wilcox will come through, my prediction Gophers 4-3.

mnturkey
04-12-2014, 07:22 PM
I think that it all depends on Wilcox. If he has a stellar game, we win. If he has a sub par game, we lose, maybe by a large margin?

But I think Wilcox will come through, my prediction Gophers 4-3.
Your prediction is gone 4 -2 after the 1st.
Gophers need more shots.

GrinCDXX
04-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Gophers need more shots.

And Wilcox did everything he possibly could (assuming he was pretty well screened on the Gostisbehere shot)...so yeah, doubly wrong.

Stauber1
04-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Gophers need more shots.

They need better net-front presence and puck pursuit in the D zone. Loosing too many individual battles in their own end. Doesn't matter how many shots they get if they give up 4 each period.

FredsDeadFriend
04-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Gophers need more shots.

Man, I am shocked by the amount of scoring already. Wouldn't hate it if my scoring margin and team I picked to win are both right?!

4four4
04-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Congrats young Gophers on a job well done. Hopefully next year we witness a championship.

Rabid Gopher
04-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I hope the young guys remember this moment. If they all hang around, this team could be back again next year to try again.

Congrats on an excellent season :)

GrinCDXX
04-12-2014, 09:25 PM
I have to wonder if a team with less youth doesn't get quite so shell shocked during that second 10 mins.

Fighting Sioux 23
04-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, that was a hell of a run. Congrats to the Gophers on a tremendous season. As I said in the scoring thread, I'm sure if I would have told you Minnesota would be playing for the National Championship at the beginning of the season, only the most optimistic would have believed it. Your Freshmen are ridiculously talented...this won't be their last shot at playing for a national title if they stay 4 years. I know the feeling of how tough this loss was for you guys, but you should be tremendously proud of your team (I'm sure that won't be too hard for you guys ;)).

Again, congrats on a great run, and a great season...one of the many, many great seasons in your program's history. Hopefully our team's get another shot to play next season in the NCAA Tournament...and if there was a different outcome next time, well, I'd be perfectly okay with that too.

ShotFromThePoint
04-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Well, that was a hell of a run. Congrats to the Gophers on a tremendous season. As I said in the scoring thread, I'm sure if I would have told you Minnesota would be playing for the National Championship at the beginning of the season, only the most optimistic would have believed it. Your Freshmen are ridiculously talented...this won't be their last shot at playing for a national title if they stay 4 years. I know the feeling of how tough this loss was for you guys, but you should be tremendously proud of your team (I'm sure that won't be too hard for you guys ;)).

Again, congrats on a great run, and a great season...one of the many, many great seasons in your program's history. Hopefully our team's get another shot to play next season in the NCAA Tournament...and if there was a different outcome next time, well, I'd be perfectly okay with that too.

Respect. Thanks man. Look forward to playing UND at some point too. Impressed with what your team did as well.

Is it college hockey season yet?

Golden Tuuk
04-12-2014, 09:34 PM

Wow. Why don't you go post some pure bs in the Union thread. Oh wait, you already have.

antioch1098
04-12-2014, 09:36 PM
The ECAC reigns supreme again!!!!!

GrinCDXX
04-12-2014, 09:39 PM
The ECAC reigns supreme again!!!!!

:rolleyes: Yep. That's a fact. Good job.

burd
04-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Good season, gophs. If you end UND's season again, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Driftryder
04-12-2014, 09:47 PM
If we don't lose anyone that we don't expect, this team should be really good again next year and possibly be playing again in April.

Was a fun season to watch, but it's a long off-season.

ScoobyDoo
04-12-2014, 10:10 PM
If we don't lose anyone that we don't expect, this team should be really good again next year and possibly be playing again in April.

Was a fun season to watch, but it's a long off-season.
I don't really want to think about next season right now.

rdf8585
04-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Video of Minnesota's postgame press conference:

http://youtu.be/9UotyJbF4bE