X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    They'll be fine.

The Gophers needed an attention-getting weekend like this.

And despite the weekends result, they remain in the BIG6 drivers seat.

Who else would be?
    Michigan? Assuming both teams sweep Penn State, that will leave us with Minnesota having 32 points and Michigan having 29 with two games in hand. If they split their series with OSU or Sparty, all they need to do is to keep pace with Minnesota. The 4 Michigan-Minnesota games are enormous to deciding the winners of the first B1G conference. And Wisconsin isn't out of it either, granted 6/8 are on the road the rest of the way.

Comment

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
      Michigan? Assuming both teams sweep Penn State, that will leave us with Minnesota having 32 points and Michigan having 29 with two games in hand. If they split their series with OSU or Sparty, all they need to do is to keep pace with Minnesota. The 4 Michigan-Minnesota games are enormous to deciding the winners of the first B1G conference. And Wisconsin isn't out of it either, granted 6/8 are on the road the rest of the way.
      Michigan is in the driver's seat, yes, not sure how anyone can see it any other way.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Michigan is in the driver's seat, yes, not sure how anyone can see it any other way.
        9th ranked Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          9th ranked Michigan?
          For the Big 10 title, yes.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They'll be fine.

The Gophers needed an attention-getting weekend like this.

And despite the weekends result, they remain in the BIG6 drivers seat.

Who else would be?
            I share Scoobs pessimism after the weekend. This feels eerily like last year; best team in the country through January, then coming down to earth with problems scoring after that. As much as I agree deep, balanced scoring is great, it would feel better if they also had a couple higher scoring players who could make the solo play to re-energize the team when they are not on top of their game, or things just aren't going in. I thought Rau and Warning would be those players this year, and maybe Condon, and if he sticks around, Fasching likely would be in future years, but no one is there now. Next series against Michigan will have a big impact on my psyche for rest of season.

Comment

9th ranked Michigan?
              Higher ranked than the team that just swept the Gophs. Games in hand. And you have to remember this ain't the old WCHA...wins are worth 3 pts! (And do you really put a lot of faith in rankings when it comes to who is going to win a couple games?)

Comment

We'll likely be back down to 5 defensemen again. You can either blame the player who left or the coaches who didn't see it coming and shore it up. Either way it's not good to be playing short again.

Banners are such rare things it's disappointing to have to think that one is gone already.

Comment

I'm going to wait until next weekend before I decide whether or not I want to jump out the window on the regular season title. Feel like I gave up on it either last year or the year before, and look how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    We'll likely be back down to 5 defensemen again. You can either blame the player who left or the coaches who didn't see it coming and shore it up. Either way it's not good to be playing short again.

Banners are such rare things it's disappointing to have to think that one is gone already.
                    Did you hear anything about Bischoff Scooby?

Scoobs - Really, writing them off already? It was one weekend, sweep the ugly helmets and we are looking good again with Penn State coming in after that. I think our game is better played against a team like Michigan anyway, they like to push the pace like the Gophers do. "Trap" teams give us fits it seems.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Scoobs - Really, writing them off already?
                      Have you read his posts before?????

Comment

Any way to watch the Bischoff hit again? (I can't get BTN2Go.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          Did you hear anything about Bischoff Scooby?

Scoobs - Really, writing them off already? It was one weekend, sweep the ugly helmets and we are looking good again with Penn State coming in after that. I think our game is better played against a team like Michigan anyway, they like to push the pace like the Gophers do. "Trap" teams give us fits it seems.

Ill still hope and root but I think Michigan now has the inside track.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Ill still hope and root but I think Michigan now has the inside track.
                            I think if we split then yeah you are correct about them having the inside track (2 games in hand and all) but if we can sweep then it's back in our favor.

Not easy to do though, they are coming on strong and will surely test Wilcox and our D.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              I think if we split then yeah you are correct about them having the inside track (2 games in hand and all) but if we can sweep then it's back in our favor.

Not easy to do though, they are coming on strong and will surely test Wilcox and our D.

we play them 4 times yet. need to win 3 of 4 i think to seal it.

Comment

• Works every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X