Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Really doesn't matter much to me either. I don't think it impacts his point that the scoring we've got from our D Corps is one of the main reasons we're a Top 5 scoring team this season.
    Agree. These rumors grow though, and I'm just trying to avoid some goof telling me next week Marshall and Skjei should be a Hobey finalists.

Of course it'll happen anyway.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Agree. These rumors grow though, and I'm just trying to avoid some goof telling me next week Marshall and Skjei should be a Hobey finalists.

Of course it'll happen anyway.
      How does goals by an entire D Corps impact the Hobey standing for singular players? You do know that is an individual award, right? If any of our D men are going to be considered for that award, it wouldn't be Marshall or Skjei. It would probably be Mike Reilly.

That said, I think any of our D men would tell you Adam Wilcox would be the most deserving guy on our roster for that honor. Not that it matters anyway as Gaudreau is going to walk away with the award.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Is it too greedy to hope for the Trifecta of a Gopher Men's and Women's championship, as well as a Vanek signing with the Wild, this year?

Comment

How does goals by an entire D Corps impact the Hobey standing for singular players? You do know that is an individual award, right? If any of our D men are going to be considered for that award, it wouldn't be Marshall or Skjei. It would probably be Mike Reilly.

That said, I think any of our D men would tell you Adam Wilcox would be the most deserving guy on our roster for that honor. Not that it matters anyway as Gaudreau is going to walk away with the award.
          Some things are just beyond your grasp aren't they? I hate clogging up this thread, but here's all that's happened. Major made a statement based on some factually incorrect info. I just agreed with his statement and corrected the info. Rather than letting him speak for himself, you took it upon yourself to speak for him and supply more factually incorrect info. And then suggest I don't understand how statistics work.

Despite that I, politely as I know how to in a gopher thread, corrected your facts and again agreed with the underlying statement. You've read my posts. Heck you've run around agreeing with half of them the last week or so. Do you honestly suspect I wouldn't know how the Hobey works? Or who Mike Reilley is? Or what Wilcox's number's are? Or how statistical categories are calculated? Is there any other possible meaning to my post? Like metaphor maybe? The point is, if you're not sure, maybe you should, in general, think about it before replying.

This is exactly how you get yourself in trouble. I don't take the internet seriously and I make few serious posts. Or even good ones. The only reason I'm bothering to reply is that it's obvious you have plenty of hockey knowledge and can certainly add to lots of discussions around here. It's just a little sad to me that your posting 'style' gets in the way of it.

Sorry again to take up the space, Goph's. Carry on please.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Some things are just beyond your grasp aren't they? I hate clogging up this thread, but here's all that's happened. Major made a statement based on some factually incorrect info. I just agreed with his statement and corrected the info. Rather than letting him speak for himself, you took it upon yourself to speak for him and supply more factually incorrect info. And then suggest I don't understand how statistics work.

Despite that I, politely as I know how to in a gopher thread, corrected your facts and again agreed with the underlying statement. You've read my posts. Heck you've run around agreeing with half of them the last week or so. Do you honestly suspect I wouldn't know how the Hobey works? Or who Mike Reilley is? Or what Wilcox's number's are? Or how statistical categories are calculated? Is there any other possible meaning to my post? Like metaphor maybe? The point is, if you're not sure, maybe you should, in general, think about it before replying.

This is exactly how you get yourself in trouble. I don't take the internet seriously and I make few serious posts. Or even good ones. The only reason I'm bothering to reply is that it's obvious you have plenty of hockey knowledge and can certainly add to lots of discussions around here. It's just a little sad to me that your posting 'style' gets in the way of it.

Sorry again to take up the space, Goph's. Carry on please.
            No, I was basically saying who the hell cares, as it doesn't make his primary point, that the Gophers are in the Top 5 in scoring much to the thanks of their defensive corps, any less true. My shot in the dark that he was referring to goals scored was clearly wrong, but still doesn't change the fact that his primary point was correct.

If we're going to be truthful, you just chimed in to snidely point out that UW's D corps has more points, then tried to smooth it over like you were just being helpful. Then tried (and failed miserably) to be funny with the whole Hobey sidetrack.

We don't care how many second assists your D Corps have piled up, or that your D Corps have more pts/game than Minnesota. Nor do we care whether or not Denver's D Corps have scored more goals than the Gopher's D corps. What we do care about is that OUR D Corps have been active enough on the scoresheet to propel the Gophers into a Top 5 scoring position the year after we graduated a number of highly productive forwards.

So yes please, stop clogging up this thread. You've made your corrections, and they've been duely noted.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              think about it before replying.

*** some words (mostly) ***
              Dude. The post says the Badgers D scores LESS than the gophers if again you bothered to understand a post before going off about it. But feel free to print another diatribe about an inconsequential point.

And for the love of God, can't the rest of you go on and talk about Lucia's hair or whatever it is you normally do here?
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Dude. The post says the Badgers D scores LESS than the gophers if again you bothered to understand a post before going off about it. But feel free to print another diatribe about an inconsequential point.

And for the love of God, can't the rest of you go on and talk about Lucia's hair or whatever it is you normally do here?
                Sorry, my bad. Didn't read closely.

Can we just agree that his original point is still valid and I am horrible with reading comprehension right now?

Comment

Sorry, my bad. Didn't read closely.

Can we just agree that his original point is still valid and I am horrible with reading comprehension right now?
                  Do whatever you have to, to make the nasty badger fan go away.

Comment

That game sucked. I'm afraid the Gophs might be down to 5 D for awhile. Bisch has a history of concussions, and that hit well after the puck was gone bounced his head off the boards pretty hard.

Don't know what is happening, but the scoring just hasn't been there lately. Reminds me of the high scoring game early in the year when Lucia commented on a little 'puck luck' and I mentioned he probably meant the fact that the Gophs sniped a number of goals, but the response from a couple posters was that it was just their talent edge. Well it would be nice to see some of that sniping now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      That game sucked. I'm afraid the Gophs might be down to 5 D for awhile. Bisch has a history of concussions, and that hit well after the puck was gone bounced his head off the boards pretty hard.

Don't know what is happening, but the scoring just hasn't been there lately. Reminds me of the high scoring game early in the year when Lucia commented on a little 'puck luck' and I mentioned he probably meant the fact that the Gophs sniped a number of goals, but the response from a couple posters was that it was just their talent edge. Well it would be nice to see some of that sniping now.
                      Only 5 goals in the past 4, but 12 in the 3 prior. I don't know. It's easy to get down after a weekend like this, and I am, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel. Maybe a sweep like this is just what the team needs to get back on track for the important part of the series. They didn't play their worst hockey this weekend, but faced adversity. Ugly helmets next week.

Comment

This team is showing the will to truly battle less and less as the season progresses. Not good. Attribute it to youth, being #1 for so long, whatever. I fear we may have already seen this squad at their best. Hope I'm wrong.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Amazing how one weekend can change a lot of things.

Gophers will no longer be #1. Is no longer number 1 in the PWR. And, dare I say it, is probably no longer then favorite to win the Big 10. Taking weekends off hurts.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So when does Brodzinski return?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Amazing how one weekend can change a lot of things.

Gophers will no longer be #1. Is no longer number 1 in the PWR. And, dare I say it, is probably no longer then favorite to win the Big 10. Taking weekends off hurts.
                              They'll be fine.

The Gophers needed an attention-getting weekend like this.

And despite the weekends result, they remain in the BIG6 drivers seat.

Who else would be?
                              Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 02-08-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                This team is showing the will to truly battle less and less as the season progresses. Not good. Attribute it to youth, being #1 for so long, whatever. I fear we may have already seen this squad at their best. Hope I'm wrong.
                                Perhaps.

But until this weekend, they hadn't been punched in the mouth.

What, 15-odd weeks of wins, couple of ties, accolades and #1 rankings.

Life was good.

Now, it's a reality check. And I believe, going forward, they'll remember how this weekend felt and play accordingly.

It may turn out that the Badgers did them a great service.

Comment

Working...
                                X