Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Looking at the stats, I see one guy (Warning) in the top 50 in the country for scoring, yet this team is in first...

Comment

Cammarata is getting better. Totally understandable as a frosh. Tough sledding for the guy due to size, expectations, and surprises such as Kloos and Fasching. Just keep playing him...he will get stronger every day and still what will probably be another solid 3 years as a Gopher.

Early flight risks are Skjei, Reilly and possibly Ambroz.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      Looking at the stats, I see one guy (Warning) in the top 50 in the country for scoring, yet this team is in first...
      This as the fourth leading scoring team in the country. This is possible primarly due to the load our defense carries in scoring. We have the defense corp with the most points in the country by a decent margin.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

This as the fourth leading scoring team in the country. This is possible primarly due to the load our defense carries in scoring. We have the defense corp with the most points in the country by a decent margin.
        I haven't looked around the country but it seems your D's 67pts/26gp vs. the Badger D's 61pts/24gp comes out to .03 pts./game difference. Not much of a margin, really.

However your point is probably correct, as the Badgers are 10th in offense with only Mersch and Zengerle tied for 48th in points in the top 50.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          I haven't looked around the country but it seems your D's 67pts/26gp vs. the Badger D's 61pts/24gp comes out to .03 pts./game difference. Not much of a margin, really.

However your point is probably correct, as the Badgers are 10th in offense with only Mersch and Zengerle tied for 48th in points in the top 50.

What I think he meant is look at goals scored by D corps. The Gophers are a top 4 scoring team much to the thanks of the scoring prowess of their D corps, which has scored more goals than any other team in the nation by a wide margin I believe.

They don't rank scoring offenses by points scored, but by goals scored.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

The Gopher men's and women's teams are a combined 45-3-6 this season.

That's remarkable. Just three losses all season by the programs combined.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Early flight risks are Skjei, Reilly and possibly Ambroz.
              I wouldn't be surprised at Fasching, although very depressed if it happened. He is already stronger than a lot of college players and does so many little things well. Would love to see him stay three. And there are often guys who go who you don't expect. Not to mention, guys like Rau are a risk, because there is added incentive for the team that owns their rights to take them as Juniors so they don't risk losing them.

Not that I really want to worry about this yet.

And I think Cammaratta has a shot at being a 4 year guy given his size, and he has the potential to develop into a special player in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                The Gopher men's and women's teams are a combined 45-3-6 this season.

That's remarkable. Just three losses all season by the programs combined.
                The women not only have a loss, but also a tie? Slackers. I suppose they'll use some lame excuse like one of their best players is playing in the Olympics, or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  The women not only have a loss, but also a tie? Slackers. I suppose they'll use some lame excuse like one of their best players is playing in the Olympics, or something.
                  Yeah, they really need to pick up their play

Comment

Thursday game, and no thread?

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      As a life long believer that top to bottom HE is the best college hockey in the nation, the addition of N.D this season is proving my theory correct. If this program had been born into HE at inception, they would be relegated to no better than a likely annual 5th or 6th place team year in and year out. I mean BU sucks this year, but in a normal hockey east year, I only see the Irish as slightly better than let's say Northeastern (who BTW is 4 and 1 against them) Lowell, and Merrimack the traditional bottom dwellers, and far worse than the leagues historically elite teams. Look for Vermont/Maine like national rankings from here on in. You wanted to play with the big boys and now you can, only don't expect to be in the NCAA tournament every year. What a joke, the NCAA tourney should take the top 6 teams in HE automatically, then take 4 from the mid west, 4 form the ECAC and have 2 play in games for the other sub par leagues. 5th and 6th place clubs in HE are generally better than 75% of the teams with automatic bids from the lessor leagues and the Pairwise simply can't auto correct for interleague schedule strength, the way it should!
                      Browsing the Notre Dame thread, I came across this Gem. Don't know how he divides up the "4 from the Midwest". Wonder why he is all red?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Browsing the Notre Dame thread, I came across this Gem. Don't know how he divides up the "4 from the Midwest". Wonder why he is all red?
                        A handful of western programs just happen to be down right now. Up until the last 5 years, MSU had consistently 25 win seasons...and Michigan until the last 2 years had the same. Wisconsin always has its years...and MSU, Wisconsin and MN all had NCs in about the last 10 years. In fact, it was just a few years back that the WCHA had all four froz four teams. Coaches such as Comley, Berenson and now potentially Owens have really damaged programs in the last decade...some programs need new blood.

Frankly, the only teams with any hockey rep from the HE are BC and BU. Notre Dame has a chance to get to get a rep with tradition if it can keep sucking talent out of MN. If BC would have joined the B1G, HE would be decimated...the B1G has a lot more depth in terms of big programs. And with time and decent coaches, BTN can help turn B1G hockey into the powerhouse it would have been 10 years ago.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by koho View Post
                          browsing the notre dame thread, i came across this gem. Don't know how he divides up the "4 from the midwest". Wonder why he is all red?
                          lol

Comment

A day late, but I noticed that BC has taken a couple more points from us. At this rate, both teams will have 25 first place votes by season's end. I suspect if the polls were out prior to their game last night they may have stole a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              What I think he meant is look at goals scored by D corps. The Gophers are a top 4 scoring team much to the thanks of the scoring prowess of their D corps, which has scored more goals than any other team in the nation by a wide margin I believe.

They don't rank scoring offenses by points scored, but by goals scored.
                              Not that it matters to me as it's mostly semantics but the kool-aid drinkers over there read this stuff and tend to repeat it as fact. So just to get it straight, the Pio's have the most D scored goals.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Not that it matters to me as it's mostly semantics but the kool-aid drinkers over there read this stuff and tend to repeat it as fact. So just to get it straight, the Pio's have the most D scored goals.
                                Really doesn't matter much to me either. I don't think it impacts his point that the scoring we've got from our D Corps is one of the main reasons we're a Top 5 scoring team this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X