PDA

View Full Version : Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58

Koho
03-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Today:
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.

(You must have been writing the same time I was. Great minds DO think alike. And apparently we do to.)

I would have chosen:
1. Score
2. Score
3. Score.
4. Score
5. Score
6. score
7. Score
8 Celebrate!

Koho
03-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Ill move it up to 2.7% ;)

I'm also a little nerved about SCSU and UND. Until you look at the other side of the bracket which should be called the side of Death. Lowell, Union, and BC are all playing fantastic hockey. The Gophers will be lucky to hopefully only have to play one of them.

Scoobs, reconfirming himself as the biggest Gopher fan pessimist. At least they made it out of the first round this year.

And at this point, they are all tough. And while I would hate to lose to SCSU, I thought the golden domers were the better team for much of what I saw last night, so would have been as tough, or tougher of a game. Get out your rabbits feet and horseshoes. A certain amount of luck goes into every game from here on out.

Driftryder
03-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Crazy thinking the Gophers SCSU or NoDak will be playing for a NC in a couple of weeks. NoDak just barely gets in the tourney, we are very young and SCSU is... well JBSU. ;)

The Rube
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM
(You must have been writing the same time I was. Great minds DO think alike. And apparently we do to.)

I would have chosen:
1. Score
2. Score
3. Score.
4. Score
5. Score
6. score
7. Score
8 Celebrate!

I was thinking:

1. Shoot.
2. Score.
3. .......
4. Profit.

Greyeagle
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Grey - are you going to do another list of things Gophs need to do to win, or just stick with the last one.

Scoobs - no glass update? Just waiting to see how we do against the puppies?

While watching SCSU and UND games yesterday I was divided on who I wanted to win. Would be painful to lose to SCSU or Nameless team, but if the Gophs were to beat them both, they would be sweeter victories than beating other teams. I guess, in the end, playing a team you have a history with makes for more anticipation because of this, so I guess it is good they both won.

Pretty much the same. Smart play at blue lines is really key, SCSU showed they are very opportunistic.
I also think MN's forward need to pressure the Cloud D. Hard. They can force deep turnovers against them as ND did and they forced lots of chances, ND just couldn't finish.

One thing I really liked yesterday was the D pinching and the high forward covering. MN is much better in motion and pinching D really keeps the team's feet moving.

Ambroz was awesome yesterday and hope he continues the strong play today.

I was also torn on ND or SC. In the end I think St. Cloud dodged a bullet, Faragher had a horseshoe up his kiester.

Koho
03-30-2014, 11:00 AM
From the little I saw him, I didn't think Faragher was that great, so was a little surprised to see his play last night. Hope he comes back to earth tonight.

Driftryder
03-30-2014, 11:11 AM
From the little I saw him, I didn't think Faragher was that great, so was a little surprised to see his play last night. Hope he comes back to earth tonight.

I think he is a streaky goalie, when he gets on he is very hard to score against.

The Gophers will need to go to the net hard (like yesterday) and quit the perimeter play.

ScoobyDoo
03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I think he is a streaky goalie, when he gets on he is very hard to score against.

The Gophers will need to go to the net hard (like yesterday) and quit the perimeter play.

Every team they play from now on will try to force Minnesota to the perimeter. That's how you beat them. The question is how much resistance to that will Minnesota put up?

D2D
03-30-2014, 12:05 PM
I wonder what effect last night's late, four period game might have on St. Cloud's energy level in tonight's contest? And I'm not sure whether their two weeks off prior to last night's game was a positive or a negative, in terms of either being more rested or maybe not in as good of shape as they would be had they played two games as usual. But either way the Gophers SHOULD have the edge physically from having played earlier yesterday plus not having to go to OT.

Koho
03-30-2014, 12:44 PM
I wonder what effect last night's late, four period game might have on St. Cloud's energy level in tonight's contest? And I'm not sure whether their two weeks off prior to last night's game was a positive or a negative, in terms of either being more rested or maybe not in as good of shape as they would be had they played two games as usual. But either way the Gophers SHOULD have the edge physically from having played earlier yesterday plus not having to go to OT.

I think the edge from those perspectives is minimal. SCSU didn't sit on their hands the last two weeks (just like BC didn't). Adrenaline will make it so they won't recognize any slightly greater fatigue from playing slightly longer or later than the Gophs. These are kids in their prime physically. It is more about the mental aspect at this time. Playing with confidence and intensity is what will win most games, but luck often can overwhelm everything else.

Stauber1
03-30-2014, 01:39 PM

He had some great saves last night, and a lot of saves, but he also let in 2 pretty soft ones. Like Drifty said, he seems to be capable of some great stuff but is inconsistent. Hoping he doesn't put it all together today and steal a game.

I was feeling the same as you watching UND and SCSU last night.

I like St. Cloud as a team and Motzko as a coach, but don't much care for their fans. So sitting at the game it was 2 conflicting emotions for me. I also thought Notre Dame looked to be a better team and one we would have a harder time matching up against. They were running roughshod over SCSU for a majority of the game last night, just couldn't generate the goals.

UND....if we get to that game and we lose, it's going to hurt. If we win, it's going to be sweet. I guess it is fitting that in the first year in such a long time that these 2 teams didn't meet in the regular season they should meet in the Frozen Four.

Slap Shot
03-30-2014, 02:56 PM
I thought the Gophers did really well to not give up the zone so easily yesterday. I hope they employ a similar forecheck today despite playing an arguably more dangerous team.

GrinCDXX
03-30-2014, 03:15 PM
I thought the Gophers did really well to not give up the zone so easily yesterday. I hope they employ a similar forecheck today despite playing an arguably more dangerous team.

In the instances where RMU was able to get a relatively free rush in to the offensive zone, it seemed like most of the time they were able to find a wide open trailer. Hope the Gophers are able to limit that today since SCSU has their share of dangerous shooters.

Rabid Gopher
03-30-2014, 09:02 PM
I had a dream last night and all I can remember is this number sequence..... 29-6-6.

Not sure what that means

state of hockey
03-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Impressive display of defense by the Gophers tonight. Huskies just could not get the puck off the boards.

The third goal was just ridiculously beautiful. I cheered extra hard on that one.

LTsatch
03-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Congrats on advancing, should be a great three games in Philly

Red Cows
03-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Shhhhhhhh................

RMU gave you guys a better game than SCSU.

I was not here. I did not say this.

SanTropez
03-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Frozen Four!

The future is bright for this young Gopher squad.

5mn_Major
03-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Impressive display of defense by the Gophers tonight. Huskies just could not get the puck off the boards.

The third goal was just ridiculously beautiful. I cheered extra hard on that one.

It was the goals that made the game special.

SanTropez
03-30-2014, 09:45 PM
It was the goals that made the game special.

True, but that D was very strong all night and gave Jan nothing.