PDA

View Full Version : Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Koho
03-29-2014, 10:40 AM
My keys in no particular order:
1) Play smart at the blue lines
2) Stay out of the penalty box
3) Ugly goals count as much as pretty ones

Forgot one;
4. Score more goals than opponent!

Koho
03-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Rather that than complacent.

And I think you are a little extreme with your glass rating. They are in the NCAA with as good of a chance as anyone, for God's sake! Come on! That is a little pessimistic even for you! The glass is at least 2.5%!!!!

ScoobyDoo
03-29-2014, 10:55 AM
And I think you are a little extreme with your glass rating. They are in the NCAA with as good of a chance as anyone, for God's sake! Come on! That is a little pessimistic even for you! The glass is at least 2.5%!!!!

2.7 and climbing..............;)

5mn_Major
03-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Frankly, RMU is one of the worst teams making the tourney in the last several years...on paper. They are PWR of about 44 (which is probably about as low as possible considering they won their tournament to make the NCAAs) and SOS within spitting distance of the national bottom. Oh btw, I am knocking every piece of wood in North America right now. :)

romo
03-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Frankly, RMU is one of the worst teams making the tourney in the last several years...on paper. They are PWR of about 44 (which is probably about as low as possible considering they won their tournament to make the NCAAs) and SOS within spitting distance of the national bottom. Oh btw, I am knocking every piece of wood in North America right now. :)

RMU represent the weakest league where in the y finished 5th.
They beat the 6&7th teams to get there. They do have pride
And will do all in their power to represent their school well.
The truth is there isn't one player on the roster who was offered a slot
in Minnie, we don't have any huge stars but they will try their best
which is all you can ask of them. GoGoRomo.

D2D
03-29-2014, 11:44 AM

Would be interesting to know what their PWR would be if they were to re-run everybody's taking into account just the games played in 2014. Since then RMU has gone a very impressive 17-5-3. Their dismal start to the season in 2013 (2-12-2) is now ancient history, and I won't be surprised if they come out playing with a lot of confidence and like a team with nothing to lose.

Slap Shot
03-29-2014, 11:44 AM
RMU represent the weakest league where in the y finished 5th.
They beat the 6&7th teams to get there. They do have pride
And will do all in their power to represent their school well.
The truth is there isn't one player on the roster who was offered a slot
in Minnie, we don't have any huge stars but they will try their best
which is all you can ask of them. GoGoRomo.

Good luck to your squad today, but just a bit less than enough for a win. ;)

firstpusk
03-29-2014, 12:10 PM
2.7 and climbing..............;)

Bags of sand from the master...Nice. ;)

Red Cows
03-29-2014, 12:42 PM

Here (paraphrased) is my comment in the USCHO bracket blog about RMU:

On the way to their 19-17-5 record this season, RMU beat absolutely nobody. They don't own a single win over a team ranked higher than 35 in the current Pairwise. The Pairwise ranking of the (9) teams they own wins over this season? 35, 42, 48, 50, 53, 54, 55, 57, & 59. That's right, ALL 19 of their wins came against these juggernauts. Let me remind anyone reading this that there are 59 D-1 programs.

If Minnesota has any problem beating RMU, that will be on THEM and whatever lack of focus they bring into this obvious mismatch.

Really, guys? Knocking on wood? I know you have to "play" the games but, Minny should stomp these guys like a bug. I don't have a dog in this fight and it seems pretty clear-cut to me.

D2D
03-29-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight and it seems pretty clear-cut to me.

I think the bottom line is that we Gopher fans have learned not to be overconfident - EVER!

state of hockey
03-29-2014, 08:26 PM

Really, guys? Knocking on wood? I know you have to "play" the games but, Minny should stomp these guys like a bug. I don't have a dog in this fight and it seems pretty clear-cut to me.

The team in 2006 was supposed to curbstomp Holy Cross. Some of us are a bit gunshy about these sorts of matchups now.

romo
03-29-2014, 09:45 PM

Stomped like a bug? We'll let me ask you how is the lousiest team
In year s can put 3 goals behind the no1 goalie and Hobie front
runner.
I'd be concerned when they play a quality team like Union.
Congratulations to Minnie on a good game wherein they proved their
superiority over RMU but according to mr red cows it wasn't much of an.
accomplishment.

Red Cows
03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
........................but according to mr red cows it wasn't much of an accomplishment.

Uh, you're putting words in my mouth.

Beating anybody and moving on in a one and done deal like this is an accomplishment. On paper, Minnesota is a superior team to RMU.

Sometimes, it's an accomplishment to play well against somebody that doesn't exactly make your blood boil or fill you with fear, either. Congrats to Minny today, they got that job done.

FredsDeadFriend
03-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Stomped like a bug? We'll let me ask you how is the lousiest team
In year s can put 3 goals behind the no1 goalie and Hobie front
runner.
I'd be concerned when they play a quality team like Union.
Congratulations to Minnie on a good game wherein they proved their
superiority over RMU but according to mr red cows it wasn't much of an.
accomplishment.

Not sure he's the Hobey Front runner, lol. Not even sure he's the #1 goalie? It's possible, just not hands down absolute.

Slap Shot
03-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Stomped like a bug?

If it matters note he's a UNO fan. :)

SCSU finished 6th in the PWR, are 15-4 away from NCC, are 3rd in the country in scoring with 3 players at 40+ and have a very good PP. However, their PK is brutal (t50), Faragher is average at best, they're t31 in overall team D and they don't have a lot of depth. Gophers will want to finish the 1st with a lead and avoid the box the last two periods. If they play with fire, emotion and their heads they should win but they can't overlook Jan in hopes of getting to Sue.

5mn_Major
03-30-2014, 09:43 AM
No game is easy in the NCAAs (cept for possibly that against DU). But at this point, it does appear that our PWR is starting to do us some favors.

Greyeagle
03-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Today:
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.

Koho
03-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Grey - are you going to do another list of things Gophs need to do to win, or just stick with the last one.

Scoobs - no glass update? Just waiting to see how we do against the puppies?

While watching SCSU and UND games yesterday I was divided on who I wanted to win. Would be painful to lose to SCSU or Nameless team, but if the Gophs were to beat them both, they would be sweeter victories than beating other teams. I guess, in the end, playing a team you have a history with makes for more anticipation because of this, so I guess it is good they both won.

ScoobyDoo
03-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Grey - are you going to do another list of things Gophs need to do to win, or just stick with the last one.

Scoobs - no glass update? Just waiting to see how we do against the puppies?

While watching SCSU and UND games yesterday I was divided on who I wanted to win. Would be painful to lose to SCSU or Nameless team, but if the Gophs were to beat them both, they would be sweeter victories than beating other teams. I guess, in the end, playing a team you have a history with makes for more anticipation because of this, so I guess it is good they both won.

Ill move it up to 2.7% ;)

I'm also a little nerved about SCSU and UND. Until you look at the other side of the bracket which should be called the side of Death. Lowell, Union, and BC are all playing fantastic hockey. The Gophers will be lucky to hopefully only have to play one of them.

The Rube
03-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Today:
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.

We need shots? WE NEED SHOTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ