Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Little disappointed in Brodzinski's play - a little to much pressure with Bro on ice? Wasn't he the one that pinched to allow the rush on that led to his brother's goal? He also pinched (with a slight hesitation) to give up the 3 on 1 SH break and got burned by turning the wrong way on a player carrying the puck later, but luckily the SCSU guy didn't realize and turned away from the net when he had a clear path to it. Overall, happy with his play all year, but there were some freshman miscues last night. Just wondering if he felt more pressure.
    You can hardly call it his fault for that goal. He had 27 whacks at it from the crease before it went it. Ample time for somebody to step up and knock his brother on his ***.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You also have to give credit where it is due. Not sure who the Husky was that separated Reilly from the puck, but it was a great play. Then like Fasching did on his goal, Brodzinski showed some heady, hard-nosed hockey to get to the dirty area and score a greasy one.

The ice was heavily tilted in favor of the Huskies in that first period. Special teams obviously played a role last night, but I think goaltending was the real difference. If you swap the teams' two netminders I think the score margin is the same but with a different winner. That's more a comment on Wilcox's play than on Faragher's.

Comment

North Star Cup Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          North Star Cup Champs!

Glad they "won" the tie in the shootout, and the game was one of the more exciting ones they've had this year, but I was hoping they would come out with a chip on their shoulder after the one blowout they suffered this year and win decisively. Just shows that while they may be the best team in the country, it isn't really by much, so just like every year, things will have to go right for them to go far.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You can hardly call it his fault for that goal. He had 27 whacks at it from the crease before it went it. Ample time for somebody to step up and knock his brother on his ***.

And I wasn't meaning to lay all the blame on him for that goal, just mention he made the play that started it. Others also contributed. Just one of a few bad decisions he made, and probably why he sat last night.

Comment

Good to see #6 back on the ice again, but I thought he looked very shaky during the first part of the game. It's almost always tough to come back after a serious injury and being out so long. He did seem to settle down quite a bit as the game went along. It will be interesting to see if the coaches put him back on the starting 6 D for both games this coming weekend.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Didn't like the D pairing of Skjei and Holl last night at all. Haven't looked but I think they were on the ice for every Bulldog goal last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BigM3810 View Post
                  Didn't like the D pairing of Skjei and Holl last night at all. Haven't looked but I think they were on the ice for every Bulldog goal last night.
                  Looks like for the 3 even strength goals they were....
                  http://www.collegehockeystats.net/13...s/mminmnd1.j25

Comment

Subscribed because even Scooby's glass is overflowing.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So on GPL they mentioned Brodzinski leaving a little early and looking injured. Any word?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        So on GPL they mentioned Brodzinski leaving a little early and looking injured. Any word?
                        Apparently he is out. As is Marshall (for Friday only)
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Apparently he is out. As is Marshall (for Friday only)
                          Just read that. Incredible to think that poor call on Marshall has us down to 5 D on Friday. And no Serratore either. Any word on the injuries and whether they are expected to miss the whole weekend. "Banged-up" can be a wide range of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Just read that. Incredible to think that poor call on Marshall has us down to 5 D on Friday. And no Serratore either. Any word on the injuries and whether they are expected to miss the whole weekend. "Banged-up" can be a wide range of things.
                            Marshall isn't really ineligible for a game because of that hit, is he?

If so, that's ridiculous.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              Marshall isn't really ineligible for a game because of that hit, is he?

If so, that's ridiculous.
                              I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought the Marshall penalty was OK. Many calls are borderline and this one was IMO.

But at least there was a 5 mn major called by somebody. I've seen some nasty hits into the boards go without 5 mn penalties called. It just seems this year like the refs have stopped calling them.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought the Marshall penalty was OK. Many calls are borderline and this one was IMO.

But at least there was a 5 mn major called by somebody. I've seen some nasty hits into the boards go without 5 mn penalties called. It just seems this year like the refs have stopped calling them.
                                Put me there too. The refs have to protect players - even slimy diving ones. The official has to make that call at full speed. I am sure that Marshall regrets the decision to go for the devastating hit now. He didn't have to play it that way, although I understand why you might do what Marshall did in the heat of the moment.
                                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Working...
                                X