Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    So I go to watch it after getting all my chores I wanted to finish, and it recorded the HISTORY CHANNEL, which is one of my wife's favorite channels. She ignored the note and switched channels. And those of you posting about how much better Saturday's game was then Fridays are not helping my demeanor.

SO what is the typical cost per month for DVR?
    So how did the states get their name?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      So how did the states get their name?
      Don't know...Only took about 3 seconds to figure out what happened..then had to stay in room to cool off before taking the chance of running into wife...

Comment

Might be time to take the plunge. I have been trying to find a way to watch the game I missed Saturday after setting the wrong channel when programming. Then I noticed the abbreviated replay was on this morning. I set the VCR before going fishing, and left a note on the remotes in the drawer (they are usually left out) that I was recording and the time. So I go to watch it after getting all my chores I wanted to finish, and it recorded the HISTORY CHANNEL, which is one of my wife's favorite channels. She ignored the note and switched channels. And those of you posting about how much better Saturday's game was then Fridays are not helping my demeanor.

SO what is the typical cost per month for DVR?
        I said that not knowing whether you weren't familiar with the technology because its relatively new...or because its relatively old. Technology is a trip.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

I was thinking mine was more like $15/mo.
          $15 would be about right, assuming you do not already rent an HD box that you would be looking to replace. But if you were to exchange your existing HD-capable box for a DVR-equipped box, it would cost you about $5 additional. I assume you already own a HD TV to which your existing HD box and replacement DVR box would be connected.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            $15 would be about right, assuming you do not already rent an HD box that you would be looking to replace. But if you were to exchange your existing HD-capable box for a DVR-equipped box, it would cost you about $5 additional. I assume you already own a HD TV to which your existing HD box and replacement DVR box would be connected.
            Haven't you been paying attention the last few years? He's got one of those neat TV/VCR combos where the VCR is built right in!

Before you upgrade your technology, why not look at upgrading your wife? Tremendously more expensive, true, better overall value for your dollar

I kid, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by poisondart View Post
              I agree that it would be pointless to play the kid in a checking role but when you see his line mates chucking water bottles and shaking their heads it makes you wonder. If you can't see his limitations then you're just not looking. How long does the team wait?
              Comparing him to Grimaldi is silly, their games are night and day different.

As far as your opinion on Condon, while I don't agree with letting your line mates effect your play I'm pretty sure there are a number of gophs who would prefer not to play with Cammy. Do you honestly believe he's a good fit where he is now? Fasching and Rau want to work down low and grind, their skill sets allow them to be very good in traffic and along the wall, these are qualities Taylor is lacking. I think Taylor possesses a skill set unlike any kid I've watched, time will tell if it translates into a quality college player.
              I don't think it would be pointless at all to place Cammarata in a position where he can learn to develop agility, physicality and speed as a more complete D1 hockey player. He's an underdeveloped kid who needs to add some key components to his game to support his small size and IMO he's a definite liability on the first line with Rau and Fasching. In his present situation, he's being afforded special treatment as a top 6 forward entirely based upon the laurels of his prior hockey experience not his extraordinary scoring efforts for the Gophers this year. In my opinion, Cammarata showed a little bit more aggressiveness at times over the past couple games and put a few more SOG, but not enough to warrant the attention and accolades he's been given. By the way, the lone goal in the outdoor game credited to him should have gone to Rau as Cammarata's stick wasn't even on the ice. Looking at the replay, Rau shot the puck from the circle, hustled all the way around the net and poked at it in the crease, while Cammarata looked like he was lost on the play with his stick in the air.

I agree, the Grimaldi comparison is night and day, especially in the area of speed and agility. Cammarata is NOT a fast skater, nor is he agile. What strikes NHL scouts most about Rocco Grimaldi that's uncharacteristic of Cammarata's game is his quickness in close quarters that separates him from the pack. For those smaller players like Grimaldi, speed, acceleration and agility are not just assets, they're a means of survival. And Grimaldi hasn't just mastered the art of elusion, he uses it to exploit bigger, but slower skaters. Cammarata doesn't come close to that at this level, and if he doesn't learn it now he won't go anywhere IF he ever even gets a cup of coffee in the next. I played in the "goon show", the ECHL where normally we would dress only 10 forwards and roll only three lines. So you pull your weight and do your job at all costs or you best get the fk off the ice. Kids like Cammarata who cherry pick and refuse to get physical on the walls and in corners to assist teammates are inevitably put on their backs by opponents and/or have the **** kicked out of them in the lockerroom by the teammates who work their collective azzes off and put themselves in harms way every game for the team.

That's where I'm comin' from and I'm fed up with hearing about Cammarata's primadonna "skill set". It may have been effective against more unskilled, and younger kids in the past, but unless he starts showing a more complete effort to broaden his abilities to support his teammates on the ice, his present "skill set" is worthless at this level and sooner or later it will negatively affect Fasching and Rau's game as well.

Comment

Honestly, HarleyMC, I think you're being way too harsh on the kid. At least for the time being, I'll think I'll trust the Gopher coaches - who spend time with the players day in and day out - to know what they're doing. Just give them a little more time, and you may find out that they know more than you do. I'll eat these words if #13 disappoints down the stretch, and the coaches decide that it's time to make a change. Until then, they are ranked No. 1 in the country, and we should be happy with the line combinations.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Honestly, HarleyMC, I think you're being way too harsh on the kid. At least for the time being, I'll think I'll trust the Gopher coaches - who spend time with the players day in and day out - to know what they're doing. Just give them a little more time, and you may find out that they know more than you do. I'll eat these words if #13 disappoints down the stretch, and the coaches decide that it's time to make a change. Until then, they are ranked No. 1 in the country, and we should be happy with the line combinations.
                  Honestly D2D, you aren't being anywhere near harsh enough on Harley.
                  "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Haven't you been paying attention the last few years? He's got one of those neat TV/VCR combos where the VCR is built right in!

Before you upgrade your technology, why not look at upgrading your wife? Tremendously more expensive, true, better overall value for your dollar

I kid, of course.
                    Historically, it has been my Dad who has given me the most problems in the VCR department. When he records for me, he either betrays the results by facial expressions, or has messed up on NCAA games and completely missed it.

Can't afford a new wife....but gotta admit I dream about a newer model from time to time....

Comment

Honestly, HarleyMC, I think you're being way too harsh reality on the kid. At least for the time being, I'll think I'll trust the Gopher coaches - who spend time with the players day in and day out - to know what they're doing. Just give them a little more time, and you may find out that they know more than you do. I'll eat these words if #13 disappoints down the stretch, and the coaches decide that it's time to make a change. Until then, they are ranked No. 1 in the country, and we should be happy with the line combinations.
                      FYP. I'm here to help >>> CLICK HERE.

Comment

Travis Boyd was fantastic last night, he was the best Gopher on the ice not standing in the crease.
                        All over the ice, creative, winning face-offs, very persistent defensively, really fun to watch. The entire line was clicking.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Travis Boyd was fantastic last night, he was the best Gopher on the ice not standing in the crease.
                          All over the ice, creative, winning face-offs, very persistent defensively, really fun to watch. The entire line was clicking.
                          Boyd has been a 'surprise' for me this year. I thought early in the year he wasn't deserving of all the PP time he was getting (even though I've always felt he had a chance to do good things since watching him in H.S.) but he's really earned his spot and then some. Between he upping his game from previous years, and Warning and Condon finding theirs again it's contributed to a lot of grit on the ice. Heck, add in Ambroz and it's easy to see how much of the lost scoring from last year has been replenished and that while the play isn't always pretty, they're still winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            ...while the play isn't always pretty, they're still winning.
                            Agreed. If this team really starts clicking, look out.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Agreed. If this team really starts clicking, look out.
                              ...no sign of any clicks yet.
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Little disappointed in Brodzinski's play - a little to much pressure with Bro on ice? Wasn't he the one that pinched to allow the rush on that led to his brother's goal? He also pinched (with a slight hesitation) to give up the 3 on 1 SH break and got burned by turning the wrong way on a player carrying the puck later, but luckily the SCSU guy didn't realize and turned away from the net when he had a clear path to it. Overall, happy with his play all year, but there were some freshman miscues last night. Just wondering if he felt more pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X