Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Just to be clear, I'm not worried about Fasching. He's just a bit snakebit. He's still playing like the beast he is and getting opportunities. The goals will come if he doesn't get too frustrated.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Just to be clear, I'm not worried about Fasching. He's just a bit snakebit. He's still playing like the beast he is and getting opportunities. The goals will come if he doesn't get too frustrated.
      Agreed 100%. Absolutely love the guy, and there is no doubt the brain trust in the Kings' organization is salivating over the progress he's making at the D1 level. He may have had a sub-par weekend (for him) - but again it just goes to show how others have consistently been able to rise up and even over-compensate for the few that are not at the top of their game, in any one particular game, or weekend. Tonight it was Warning and Condon's turn to shine; next weekend it could be Fasching, Rau, Boyd, Ambroz, Kloos, etc. etc. The way they are moving the puck while still playing a good defensive game, who knows whose turn it will be to get the headlines?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The talent depth is saving our butts, no doubt.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• [QUOTE=state of hockey;5859356]Love seeing Warning and Condon running, now let's get Rau and Fasching going again too. [/.
          Absolutely. This, and add Parenteau to the mix and Scooby will need a bigger glass. Good timing,too. Jan seems to be cramping.
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Look at the US at World Juniors this year. They played extremely well but they had a couple of bizarre things happen and boom they're done.
            You're wrong. They lost because they didn't have enough Minnesotans.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              Warning and Condon sure have stepped up the last few games, nice to see those two get engaged again.
              No doubt because a number of us have been telling them they need to. Now they need to get Rau reading this thread and they'll be just fine.

Comment

Anyone know of a way to watch game replay of last night's game? BTN2go won't let me, as apparently your provider needs to not only carry BTN, but also be signed on for BTN2go, and mine isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  Anyone know of a way to watch game replay of last night's game? BTN2go won't let me, as apparently your provider needs to not only carry BTN, but also be signed on for BTN2go, and mine isn't.
                  Stop by later l dvred it. Bring your skates and you can help shovel the rink too.

Comment

Offtopic but is wrestling a big sport at Minnesota?
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Offtopic but is wrestling a big sport at Minnesota?
                      Yes. J has built a power and it's big at the HS level.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Stop by later l dvred it. Bring your skates and you can help shovel the rink too.
                        My guess is you are in TC's. Don't think I could make it down, shovel, and watch before I have to be back home to play tonight. Thanks though.

And what is this "DVR" thing you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          My guess is you are in TC's. Don't think I could make it down, shovel, and watch before I have to be back home to play tonight. Thanks though.

And what is this "DVR" thing you speak of?
                          A newfangled VCR.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

That was a great game on Saturday. For those who question why some folks (myself included) don't much care for the outdoor fad, just look at the two games this weekend.

To give credit where it is due, Cammarata has been getting some pretty heavy criticism on these boards lately (again, myself included in that). I felt he made a baby step at Penn St., and then a couple more this weekend. Saturday was the most I have seen from him all year in regards to answering some of the criticism he has received. It wasn't great, there were still a few times where he seemed a bit too willing to bail on a play, but it was better. That's all I have really been asking for. Hopefully he continues to improve in that area.

Great to see Warning come back a week after his 2-goal performance and put up the hat trick. He seems to have maybe energized Condon a bit as well which is good to see.

Wilcox was fantastic all weekend. Nothing terribly spectacular, but rock solid pretty much every time he was called upon. His rebound control was nearly perfect.

And Ambroz may be becoming my favorite player. The kid is playing with some serious purpose and confidence right now.

Comment

I agree with your thoughts on Cammy but a bigger concern for me was the body language of his line mates and the those that no longer are. Condon looks like a completely different player, almost like he's having fun again. Fasching and Rau are possibly my two favorite forwards on the team and on saturday their frustration was easy to see. It can't be easy playing with the little guy and he just has to produce if he's going to keep getting top 6 minutes. The coaching staff has been very patient but at some point the opportunities he's being given are going to be reduced. We're talking about a kid that has been the man on every team he's ever been on , even at Shattuck he outscored MacKinnon, so you begin to wonder if he is starting to question himself.

If he's as good as everyone seems to believe he'll figure it out, making 16,17 and 18 year old defense men look silly is a lot easier than doing it to 23 yearolds.

Comment

• Originally posted by poisondart View Post
                                I agree with your thoughts on Cammy but a bigger concern for me was the body language of his line mates and the those that no longer are. Condon looks like a completely different player, almost like he's having fun again. Fasching and Rau are possibly my two favorite forwards on the team and on saturday their frustration was easy to see. It can't be easy playing with the little guy and he just has to produce if he's going to keep getting top 6 minutes. The coaching staff has been very patient but at some point the opportunities he's being given are going to be reduced. We're talking about a kid that has been the man on every team he's ever been on , even at Shattuck he outscored MacKinnon, so you begin to wonder if he is starting to question himself.

If he's as good as everyone seems to believe he'll figure it out, making 16,17 and 18 year old defense men look silly is a lot easier than doing it to 23 yearolds.
                                Sorry, but if Condon was playing as crappy as he was because of a line mate, they should take the "C" away from him. Personally, I don't think any of Condon's issues with Cammy. Cammy didn't force Condon to carry the puck into traffic and turn it over, etc...

Look at Condon's body of work while a Gopher. He has a history of disappearing from a production standpoint for stretches.

Cammy isn't suited to play a bottom 6 role, and as a true freshman I don't think he is doing that bad. Look at his numbers and compare them to other true freshmen around college hockey.

Going from USHL to College hockey is a big step. Especially for a smaller player. Look at Grimaldi at UND. He didn't light it up right away, and he wasn't much more physical than Cammarata.

Gotta let the kid develop, and they have to put him in the best situations to do that. Sitting in the press box or playing a bottom 6 role doesn't help him or the team long-term.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X