Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This year the only thing in my mind that ends the Gophers season is themselves.
    Or playing an Ivy League school in the NCAAs.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      Or playing an Ivy League school in the NCAAs.
      ...from the guy who's team was 0-fer during most of recorded history.
      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Sorry to interrupt....
        http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/240359231.html

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Good news.
            Yeah, more chat fodder. Now we can get back to arguing over which D should sit. Bring on the Marshall haters....

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Everyone else understood it Harley, next time I'll use crayons for you. And stop being so defensive and excitable, you sound like a teenage girl.

Stauber - it's all good I think we'll age to disagree about my perception of the sky is falling bits.
              "Everyone else understood it"...that's funny. Lie much? Of course you're assuming they even understood your drivel to begin with. Oh nevermind...we definitely don't want to be accused of causing you to think and disrupt YOUR VIEWING EXPERIENCE.

"age to disagree" Here we go again. Thanks for showing us how dumb you can be and still breathe.
              Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-15-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                "Everyone else understood it"...that's funny. Lie much? Of course you're assuming they even understood your drivel to begin with. Oh nevermind...we definitely don't want to be accused of causing you to think and disrupt YOUR VIEWING EXPERIENCE.
                http://www.hark.com/clips/ygmhswwswk-brown-acid-warning
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bjugs had all the talent in the world. He didn't assert it at the end of last season though.

I'd much rather have this team this season where nobody is waiting for somebody else to do something.
                  If this team is significantly better than last years' #1 seed overall team...an NC seems very likely. I don't know that I'd say that due to what 7(?) first year players.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    If this team is significantly better than last years' #1 seed overall team...an NC seems very likely. I don't know that I'd say that due to what 7(?) first year players.
                    The thing is (look at Michigan State a few years ago) if you get hot at the right time and have the desire and puck luck you can win the tournament. You just have to get in. Now some teams are behind enough talent wise that it's going to be a much tougher climb, but the one and done thing in hockey of all sports comes down to being in the right place at the right time.

Look at the US at World Juniors this year. They played extremely well but they had a couple of bizarre things happen and boom they're done.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I dunno I think maybe you've been a little too hard on Slap Shot, Harley. Looks can be deceiving ya know. Ok, so he can't spell and looks like an idiot. But deep down in the core of his being, I'm sure he knows that's not really true. I still think he's one of the best posters on USCHO. When everyone was criticizing me for mistakes I've made in the past, he helped me a lot and I can't forget that.

Comment

I'll agree with most here. Never expected them to be in the position they're in at this point of the season. Their tendency to play down to their opponent worries me, but that's what young teams do.

I don't care who scores or who makes the saves. Just win.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

The thing is (look at Michigan State a few years ago) if you get hot at the right time and have the desire and puck luck you can win the tournament. You just have to get in. Now some teams are behind enough talent wise that it's going to be a much tougher climb, but the one and done thing in hockey of all sports comes down to being in the right place at the right time.

Look at the US at World Juniors this year. They played extremely well but they had a couple of bizarre things happen and boom they're done.
                          That may be what everyone is afraid of. Let's get the weird losses out of the way and drop a few spots in the rankings before going in to the tourney. Maybe that will ease some of the pressure. Then again, this team does seem to be a bit different, so maybe they can just keep rolling.

Comment

Warning and Condon sure have stepped up the last few games, nice to see those two get engaged again.

This team is fun to watch you never know who is going to score from game to game.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Love seeing Warning and Condon running, now let's get Rau and Fasching going again too.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Love seeing Warning and Condon running, now let's get Rau and Fasching going again too.
                                I was thinking the same exact thing after tonight's game. It's so sweet that this team doesn't rely on a star, or two, or three to score goals. All of the players including their six D are threats to score, so the opposing coach cannot key on any one line. It seems that whenever a couple of players find themselves not playing up to their potential, or are just not having any puck-luck, others step up to carry the day and relieve the pressure that others may be putting on themselves. All this is great to see, and if it continues this team could go far.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X