This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Here read my lips clown: NO ONE IS ASSUMING CALAMITY.
    Wait a minute, we're 15-2-3 and the third best start in Gopher history! What could possibly go wrong? #1 and #2 didn't place any NCAA hardware in the trophy case.
    This isn't the only comment that is whiney. Of course something could go wrong but it's not because they didn't beat PSU by 5+ both nights as has been alluded to. Get a grip.

Comment

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      This isn't the only comment that is whiney. Of course something could go wrong but it's not because they didn't beat PSU by 5+ both nights as has been alluded to. Get a grip.
      Hey Harley: this.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I see you deleted the "tantrum" comment. That's good since that would be another one of your myopic and deductive assumptions. Get a grip? How 'bout you get a brain that fires on all cylinders. Wow...what the fk is wrong with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          I see you deleted the "tantrum" comment. That's good since that would be another one of your myopic and deductive assumptions. Get a grip? How 'bout you get a brain that fires on all cylinders. Wow...what the fk is wrong with you?
          You're acting as if I insulted your mother by expressing my opinion that some of the commentary is a bit over the top negative. Never said they can't improve, but the difference is I believe they will not they won't rather then let the unknown infect my viewing experience I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Fact is a favorite team is not going to win it all far more often than otherwise, but if that's all you can focus on during a regular season in which the team is off to a very good start against a very rough SOS then why bother?

There is nothing wrong with me, I'm excited for the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Hey Harley: this.
            If you read my post, I listed 10 observations on Cammarata (which is what is being discussed here) OVER 20 GAMES. You're a LITTLE biased?? Think again.

EDIT:

And where are the poster names of those who are saying "sky is falling", grasshopper? Or are you recanting on that? You should.
            Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-15-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              If you read my post, I listed 10 observations on Cammarata (which is what is being discussed here) OVER 20 GAMES. You're a LITTLE biased?? Think again.
              http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/lowum.gif
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You're acting as if I insulted your mother by expressing my opinion that some of the commentary is a bit over the top negative. Never said they can't improve, but the difference is I believe they will not they won't rather then let the unknown infect my viewing experience I'm going to enjoy the ride.
                What the fk are you talkin' about? I think we need a translator here. If I understand your drivel correctly, any discussion that is perhaps negative in your opinion is going to contaminate your "viewing experience"? What are your expectation for a college hockey discussion board? By all means, go ahead and quarantine yourself 'til the end of season, then no one could possibly cause you to actually think.

Fact is a favorite team is not going to win it all far more often than otherwise, but if that's all you can focus on during a regular season in which the team is off to a very good start against a very rough SOS then why bother? There is nothing wrong with me, I'm excited for the possibilities.
                Wow. Go back and read Stauber's post again and then go to bed. You're not making any sense at all tonight.

Comment

Took you too long to find that...you're slippin' boy. I told you not to hang out on GPL.

Comment

Don't be obtuse. Of course they're not perfect, but in end that's the point. What team has ever been perfect? How many NC winners didn't have flaws? I've pointed out weaknesses myself, including at times sloppy play, the PP, etc. However, the caveat has always been perspective and the big picture while sometimes the criticism I'm reading isn't all that bright, in fact short-sighted and assumes calamity in the end.

Do people wigging out about the supposed lack of killer instinct against PSU realize they lost two 1-goal games vs. Union and single goal losses to Lowell and UW? That their G is one of only a handful to be drafted across all of D1? That they dominated Fri but didn't solve the G and that while they were outshot on Sat the game never felt in doubt? That they have 2 losses, the #1 PWR while playing the 3rd toughest SOS?

Enjoy the ride.
                    I agree with you that I don't find the SOG disparity on Sunday to be all that concerning, nor do I think Penn St is at the level of a bottom rung Atlantic Hockey team. That being said, I think most folks can enjoy the ride while discussing some of the issues that the team or a particular player has, and I don't take the discussion itself to mean that people believe calamity to be imminent. I guess I have to disagree about the amount of "over-the-top negativity" you are seeing.

My only wish for Cammy is to see a few more shots. Another take on him here is utter hogwash.

5mn - you could argue some of the wins could be losses, but so could some of the losses have been wins.

This is the 3rd best start in the program's history I don't know what some people want.
                    Not sure if that was a typo and you meant "any other take" or if you are referring to a specific poster's take, but either way I think the discussion being had is a valid one. I certainly don't view it as people being impossible to please.

This has regressed to arguing about the argument, and I'm not too interested in continuing that. So I'll just reiterate that I don't recognize any chicken littles running around this thread, and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I have a feeling this might be Minnesota's year. It's an ill feeling, but a feeling.
                      Yeah, you said the same thing last year. We're wise to your ways.

Comment

Reading this page and the fact that you guys are almost never happy makes me happy.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Reading this page and the fact that you guys are almost never happy makes me happy.
                          I'm Happy.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I'm Happy.
                            I'm Happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Ultimately the problem is that right now we could be 13-6-2 or just below WI's record...if we just didn't face Colgate (at home), RPI (at home) and Penn State. Last night, there were no less than 3 quality shots that should have gone in against Wilcox when the score was 1-0, but Penn State just didn't have the finishers.

This team is strong. Yet the good news for message boards is that there's always room for improvement with every team. When fans are saying this team is bad, then it doesn't make sense.
                              Of course, if Wisconsin hadn't had Huntsville, Anchorage, CC and PSU all at home (with all four weekends having at least one 1-goal game), they could be a lot worse too.

And completely agreed, the Gophers got lucky on a couple shots that Wilcox managed to stop, but the same thing could be said on the other end, especially on Sunday. That's simply the nature of hockey.

I also agree that calling this team "bad" really doesn't make any sense. They're voted the #1 team in the country in both polls, which doesn't mean much itself of course, but it reflects that they also are #1 in KRACH (those who pay attention) as well as having the nation's best winning percentage and being #1 in RPI and PWR. Yes, you can look at individual games and player performances in those games and question if the Gophers should be #1 or not, but the numbers show that they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I'm Happy.
                                Ok, you and Scooby can fight for it, I'll be Doc. That leaves Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, and Bashful up for grabs. Get 'em while you can boys!
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X