PDA

View Full Version : Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Wisko McBadgerton
02-05-2014, 02:22 PM
think about it before replying.

*** some words (mostly) ***

Dude. The post says the Badgers D scores LESS than the gophers if again you bothered to understand a post before going off about it. But feel free to print another diatribe about an inconsequential point.

And for the love of God, can't the rest of you go on and talk about Lucia's hair or whatever it is you normally do here?

mnstate0fhockey
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Dude. The post says the Badgers D scores LESS than the gophers if again you bothered to understand a post before going off about it. But feel free to print another diatribe about an inconsequential point.

And for the love of God, can't the rest of you go on and talk about Lucia's hair or whatever it is you normally do here?

Sorry, my bad. Didn't read closely.

Can we just agree that his original point is still valid and I am horrible with reading comprehension right now? :D

Koho
02-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry, my bad. Didn't read closely.

Can we just agree that his original point is still valid and I am horrible with reading comprehension right now? :D

Do whatever you have to, to make the nasty badger fan go away.

Koho
02-07-2014, 10:30 PM
That game sucked. I'm afraid the Gophs might be down to 5 D for awhile. Bisch has a history of concussions, and that hit well after the puck was gone bounced his head off the boards pretty hard.

Don't know what is happening, but the scoring just hasn't been there lately. Reminds me of the high scoring game early in the year when Lucia commented on a little 'puck luck' and I mentioned he probably meant the fact that the Gophs sniped a number of goals, but the response from a couple posters was that it was just their talent edge. Well it would be nice to see some of that sniping now.

ShotFromThePoint
02-07-2014, 10:59 PM
That game sucked. I'm afraid the Gophs might be down to 5 D for awhile. Bisch has a history of concussions, and that hit well after the puck was gone bounced his head off the boards pretty hard.

Don't know what is happening, but the scoring just hasn't been there lately. Reminds me of the high scoring game early in the year when Lucia commented on a little 'puck luck' and I mentioned he probably meant the fact that the Gophs sniped a number of goals, but the response from a couple posters was that it was just their talent edge. Well it would be nice to see some of that sniping now.

Only 5 goals in the past 4, but 12 in the 3 prior. I don't know. It's easy to get down after a weekend like this, and I am, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel. Maybe a sweep like this is just what the team needs to get back on track for the important part of the series. They didn't play their worst hockey this weekend, but faced adversity. Ugly helmets next week.

state of hockey
02-07-2014, 11:17 PM
This team is showing the will to truly battle less and less as the season progresses. Not good. Attribute it to youth, being #1 for so long, whatever. I fear we may have already seen this squad at their best. Hope I'm wrong.

ScoobyDoo
02-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Amazing how one weekend can change a lot of things.

Gophers will no longer be #1. Is no longer number 1 in the PWR. And, dare I say it, is probably no longer then favorite to win the Big 10. Taking weekends off hurts.

Koho
02-08-2014, 11:37 AM
So when does Brodzinski return?

Go4PuckFan2.0
02-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Amazing how one weekend can change a lot of things.

Gophers will no longer be #1. Is no longer number 1 in the PWR. And, dare I say it, is probably no longer then favorite to win the Big 10. Taking weekends off hurts.

They'll be fine.

The Gophers needed an attention-getting weekend like this.

And despite the weekends result, they remain in the BIG6 drivers seat.

Who else would be?

Go4PuckFan2.0
02-08-2014, 11:51 AM
This team is showing the will to truly battle less and less as the season progresses. Not good. Attribute it to youth, being #1 for so long, whatever. I fear we may have already seen this squad at their best. Hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps.

But until this weekend, they hadn't been punched in the mouth.

What, 15-odd weeks of wins, couple of ties, accolades and #1 rankings.

Life was good.

Now, it's a reality check. And I believe, going forward, they'll remember how this weekend felt and play accordingly.

It may turn out that the Badgers did them a great service.

ShotFromThePoint
02-08-2014, 12:26 PM
They'll be fine.

Who else would be?

Michigan? Assuming both teams sweep Penn State, that will leave us with Minnesota having 32 points and Michigan having 29 with two games in hand. If they split their series with OSU or Sparty, all they need to do is to keep pace with Minnesota. The 4 Michigan-Minnesota games are enormous to deciding the winners of the first B1G conference. And Wisconsin isn't out of it either, granted 6/8 are on the road the rest of the way.

ScoobyDoo
02-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Michigan? Assuming both teams sweep Penn State, that will leave us with Minnesota having 32 points and Michigan having 29 with two games in hand. If they split their series with OSU or Sparty, all they need to do is to keep pace with Minnesota. The 4 Michigan-Minnesota games are enormous to deciding the winners of the first B1G conference. And Wisconsin isn't out of it either, granted 6/8 are on the road the rest of the way.
Michigan is in the driver's seat, yes, not sure how anyone can see it any other way.

Go4PuckFan2.0
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Michigan is in the driver's seat, yes, not sure how anyone can see it any other way.

9th ranked Michigan?

ScoobyDoo
02-08-2014, 01:12 PM
9th ranked Michigan?

For the Big 10 title, yes.

Koho
02-08-2014, 01:14 PM
They'll be fine.

Who else would be?

I share Scoobs pessimism after the weekend. This feels eerily like last year; best team in the country through January, then coming down to earth with problems scoring after that. As much as I agree deep, balanced scoring is great, it would feel better if they also had a couple higher scoring players who could make the solo play to re-energize the team when they are not on top of their game, or things just aren't going in. I thought Rau and Warning would be those players this year, and maybe Condon, and if he sticks around, Fasching likely would be in future years, but no one is there now. Next series against Michigan will have a big impact on my psyche for rest of season.

Koho
02-08-2014, 01:17 PM
9th ranked Michigan?

Higher ranked than the team that just swept the Gophs. Games in hand. And you have to remember this ain't the old WCHA...wins are worth 3 pts! (And do you really put a lot of faith in rankings when it comes to who is going to win a couple games?)

ScoobyDoo
02-08-2014, 01:48 PM
We'll likely be back down to 5 defensemen again. You can either blame the player who left or the coaches who didn't see it coming and shore it up. Either way it's not good to be playing short again.

Banners are such rare things it's disappointing to have to think that one is gone already.

Bonin21
02-08-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm going to wait until next weekend before I decide whether or not I want to jump out the window on the regular season title. Feel like I gave up on it either last year or the year before, and look how that turned out.

Driftryder
02-08-2014, 02:29 PM
We'll likely be back down to 5 defensemen again. You can either blame the player who left or the coaches who didn't see it coming and shore it up. Either way it's not good to be playing short again.

Banners are such rare things it's disappointing to have to think that one is gone already.

Did you hear anything about Bischoff Scooby?

Scoobs - Really, writing them off already? It was one weekend, sweep the ugly helmets and we are looking good again with Penn State coming in after that. I think our game is better played against a team like Michigan anyway, they like to push the pace like the Gophers do. "Trap" teams give us fits it seems.

Koho
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Scoobs - Really, writing them off already?

Have you read his posts before?????