Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Typo. Stupid fat fingers.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Looking ahead to next weekend, the Sunday game (Sun, Mon series) is not televised. Looking through Penn St.'s website I do not see any indication that there will be an internet feed either. Anyone have info to contradict that? I'd certainly be willing to pony up the typical $10-$15 fee in order to watch the game.
      The Blue Line Club is hosting a viewing party on Sunday night at McNamara Alumni Center, 6-9 PM, no charge for Alumni and Blue Line Club members. I don't know whose feed they are using.

Comment

I was very disappointed on Friday night. It's frustrating to not be in the championship game of your own tourney. The bounce back on Saturday was nice, but didn't atone for Friday in my book. I hope they go on a tear here and take care of business, I have to keep telling myself "it was only a tie" even though it felt like a loss so it's not the end of the world.

The only two positives I took from this weekend:
        1. Boyd was the best player on the ice (in the Gophers' games) this weekend IMO. His hustle and grit were maybe the best I've seen from him. And I would have posted this even if he hadn't scored the two goals on the weekend(although that goal on Saturday was a beaut!).
        2. Really glad to see Rau pick up some points this weekend. It would be awesome if he took this team on his shoulders and carried them. His hustle and leadership by example could prove valuable down the stretch.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I was very disappointed on Friday night. It's frustrating to not be in the championship game of your own tourney. The bounce back on Saturday was nice, but didn't atone for Friday in my book. I hope they go on a tear here and take care of business, I have to keep telling myself "it was only a tie" even though it felt like a loss so it's not the end of the world.

The only two positives I took from this weekend:
          1. Boyd was the best player on the ice (in the Gophers' games) this weekend IMO. His hustle and grit were maybe the best I've seen from him. And I would have posted this even if he hadn't scored the two goals on the weekend(although that goal on Saturday was a beaut!).
          2. Really glad to see Rau pick up some points this weekend. It would be awesome if he took this team on his shoulders and carried them. His hustle and leadership by example could prove valuable down the stretch.
          Agree completely on your thoughts on Boyd and Rau.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Agree completely on your thoughts on Boyd and Rau.
            Couldn't find many other bright spots on the weekend.

What did you think of the line shake-ups from Friday to Saturday?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Yeah.

Its really cool to have the third line say...you know what, we can take control and score. I don't think you break up that line again. I also think its a good idea to put them as our 'first line'. It rewards the third line and gives them confidence. It puts two other uber talented lines (even if they've been down on production) against other teams second and third lines. And hopefully it gets them upset and they keep motivation high to become the top line again. The top goal right now is to get those other two lines jumpstarted...and this move could be what's needed.

And C Reilly has turned out to be the other big surprise so far IMO.

Ambroz Serratore Boyd
              Rau Fasching Warning
              Condon Kloos Cammy
              C Reilly, Lettieri, Guertler (with the other guys rotated in)
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I agree that the "tie" was a bit disappointing, but I also think they (Colgate) were a much better team than anyone thought.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  I agree that the "tie" was a bit disappointing, but I also think they (Colgate) were a much better team than anyone thought.
                  As it turns out, yes. That doesn't forgive the **** poor effort they put forward on Friday night IMO, shorthanded or not.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Couldn't find many other bright spots on the weekend.

What did you think of the line shake-ups from Friday to Saturday?
                    Personally, I liked the shakeups. I think putting Cammarata on a line with a big body like Fasching will open up some more space for him. If he and Rau can develop some chemistry, that line could be scary with Fasching disrupting in front of the net. The top two lines we saw on Saturday are the top two lines I projected pre-season (with Condon and Rau centering).
                    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Personally, I liked the shakeups. I think putting Cammarata on a line with a big body like Fasching will open up some more space for him. If he and Rau can develop some chemistry, that line could be scary with Fasching disrupting in front of the net. The top two lines we saw on Saturday are the top two lines I projected pre-season (with Condon and Rau centering).
                      Yeah, hopefully it sparks something. The only part I don't like about moving Cammy is that I thought he and Kloos had some good stuff going on(even despite Condon being pretty worthless so far this year).

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Yeah, hopefully it sparks something. The only part I don't like about moving Cammy is that I thought he and Kloos had some good stuff going on(even despite Condon being pretty worthless so far this year).
                        Indeed. They did some nice chemistry. If it gets Rau going again though, it might be a good trade off. I think Kloos with Warning could eventually be dangerous too.

Comment

Indeed. They did some nice chemistry. If it gets Rau going again though, it might be a good trade off. I think Kloos with Warning could eventually be dangerous too.
                          Speaking of Warning....what is up with him? He just looks out of it. Bonehead passes, missing the net, puck slipping off of his stick, etc. Not good.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Yeah he and Condon both need to get it going, maybe they are pressing too much or something.

I do like the line changes tDon made for Saturday night, I hope he keeps them like that this weekend as well.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Warning....what is up with him? He just looks out of it. Bonehead passes, missing the net, puck slipping off of his stick, etc. Not good.
                              He and Condon both. Not sure if they are pressing or what, but I hope they snap out of it. Sometimes upper-classmen get a bit too comfortable.

EDIT: What Driftryder said

Comment

On Saturday I thought Warning in particular looked disinterested and his decision-making was not what we expect of an upperclassman. Condon has been much the same for a while now but I thought on Saturday at least the effort was there.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X