Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Any word if Skjei and Fasching are back in town? Hopefully the Nor'easter didn't delay their return.
    Would love to see them in the lineup Saturday night, or just bring them straight to Mariucci from the airport tonight.

Sleeping is for when you're dead.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Holl's dive was spectacular last night... you guys must be proud. Somewhere there's a cepis smiling...

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        How many schools could get last minute national coverage?

This is a win on many levels. We U MN fans get a chance to see the Gophers...college hockey fans from around the country can get their fix. Imagine if your a bored Islanders fan on Long Island and you see a #1 vs. #2 hockey match up on Saturday night?

It also helps keep the Classic in demand for other programs. What school wouldn't want a good chance to have their school televised nationally playing in the state of MN?

Having said that, gophersports has BTN listed...but the game is not listed on BTN or BTN2GO sites yet.
        I'm a bored Islander fan, but watching a consolation game will be even more boring. Time to dust off the Slapshot DVD!!
        Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          I sometimes get a kick out of visiting opponents thread...Colgate's is pretty good.
          Even better when you show up!!
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            Even better when you show up!!
            Yup. The game exposed some flaws. The forwards scored one goal and it was a slapshot from the point. One can talk til we're blue in the face about the Gophers defense...but when the team short circuits, its invariably due to disappearing forward production.
            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 01-05-2014, 10:07 AM.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Looking ahead to next weekend, the Sunday game (Sun, Mon series) is not televised. Looking through Penn St.'s website I do not see any indication that there will be an internet feed either. Anyone have info to contradict that? I'd certainly be willing to pony up the typical $10-$15 fee in order to watch the game.

Looking ahead 2 weeks, despite our incoming cold snap long-term weather projections show daytime highs topping out in the mid-30's for the first part of the week heading into the outdoor game. Hopefully things cool off over that Thu and Fri (but not as cold as it is this week! ) as it would be good to have 2-3 days of consistent sub-freezing temps and minimal sun for the sake of ice quality.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Holl's dive was spectacular last night... you guys must be proud. Somewhere there's a cepis smiling...
                Not as proud as you must be of your team's conference GAA (3.2). Stellar.
                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                  Not as proud as you must be of your team's conference GAA (3.2). Stellar.
                  They let up a six-spot on the cupcakes you beat last night.

Comment

Anyone else notice how lethargic Mike Reilly looked last night? In this morning's paper one of the other defensemen commented that the shorthanded D-corps got pretty tired on Friday night, with just the five available playing lots of minutes. Either that really took a toll on No. 5 or maybe he wasn't feeling well; in either case he sure wasn't his normal self. In any case, it was sure nice to have Skjei back in the lineup, and it was a great time for Marshall to step up and play one of his best games of the season.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Anyone else notice how lethargic Mike Reilly looked last night? In this morning's paper one of the other defensemen commented that the shorthanded D-corps got pretty tired on Friday night, with just the five available playing lots of minutes. Either that really took a toll on No. 5 or maybe he wasn't feeling well; in either case he sure wasn't his normal self. In any case, it was sure nice to have Skjei back in the lineup, and it was a great time for Marshall to step up and play one of his best games of the season.
                      I myself didn't notice that. He didn't jump out at me much, but I thought he looked solid all night. I will say that if playing 1 game with 5 D is enough to take a toll on them for the next night then conditioning is an issue. Top defensemen in college hockey routinely log more minutes than other defensemen. Given the way the D were managed and the way ice time was spread out across them on Friday, that shouldn't have been an issue in my opinion.

I agree about Marshall. He's a guy with room under the ceiling to ratchet it up a notch, and if he does it will go a long way to making this team more playoff-prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        I myself didn't notice that. He didn't jump out at me much, but I thought he looked solid all night. I will say that if playing 1 game with 5 D is enough to take a toll on them for the next night then conditioning is an issue. Top defensemen in college hockey routinely log more minutes than other defensemen. Given the way the D were managed and the way ice time was spread out across them on Friday, that shouldn't have been an issue in my opinion.
                        Not sure if you saw the game in person, but if you did and were paying attention it was very obvious. And believe me I'm a HUGE Mike Reilly fan; he just didn't look his normal self.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          Your real name is Melvin isn't it.

Comment

He seemed ok on the stream I saw last night...but I wasn't watching him so much. I will say I was at the game the previous nite and M Reilly was all over the ice on Friday. It seemed like he was double shifting. In the end, he played a very good game on Friday. Probably ran out of gas.
                            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Still undefeated in 2014. I like it.

/voiceofreason

Last edited by The Rube; 01-05-2014, 08:47 PM.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Check your calendar

Comment

Working...
                                X