Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Huh? So Ferris could only manage a tie against a team that didn't even play?
    Oops, missed that midweek game. So will that one tie be enough to leapfrog the ugly helmets past SCSU and the Gophers into the No. 1 spot over the break?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Oops, missed that midweek game. So will that one tie be enough to leapfrog the ugly helmets past SCSU and the Gophers into the No. 1 spot over the break?
      SS's PWR estimation has Providence nudging the Gophs for #1 based on SOS. After MN, its Ferris, Michigan, SCSU and BC. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave MN the nod over Providence anyways.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        SS's PWR estimation has Providence nudging the Gophs for #1 based on SOS. After MN, its Ferris, Michigan, SCSU and BC. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave MN the nod over Providence anyways.
        When in doubt, go with name recognition. For better or for worse.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          I agree with you slap and I would add:

What happened to Warning, big drop off and has had far too many bone headed plays with the puck lately.
          I like our D, yes even Marshall.

As we get deeper into the season Rau, Condon and Warning need to step it up imo, though Rau has a new role without Bjugs now, so maybe that's not as important as the other two.

Ambroz has been a beast, good for him, we need someone to get down and dirty and he seems to like that.
          Good observations San! But what we've seen thus far from Warning, Rau and Condon is typical of the amount of scoring they’ve demonstrated in previous seasons. Below is a first and second half scoring comparison over the past two seasons equivalent in games to this season’s 36 game schedule. Kyle Rau and Nate Condon's first half goal scoring has progressively dropped off over 3 seasons. I suspect Rau's role at center as more of a playmaker, rather than camping at the edge of the net as in previous seasons, may have a bearing on his decrease in goals and increase in assists.

The overall scoring trend for these three players is they tend to drop off the scoring sheet for lengthy periods of time. Last season Kyle Rau closed the season with only 2 Gs/18 games, Nate Condon ended last season with 3 Gs/16 games, and Sam Warning closed out his scoring last season with only 3 Gs/14 games. Warning has not scored a goal this season since Oct.19th against Bemidji, Rau has scored only 2 goals since the first game of this season against Mercyhurst and Condon hasn’t scored a goal since Oct. 27th against BC. Fasching had a brilliant first 8 games scoring 5 goals, but has since buried only 1 goal in his last 8 games. The Fasching/Rau/Warning line has only 3 goals in the last 8 games. That has to change if the Gophers are going to make a run for the Frozen Four.

PROJECTED: Nate Condon and Kyle Rau have bounced back with better second half scoring in their two previous seasons and hopefully we'll see that trend continue again. However, Sam Warning has regressed in scoring in each of his two previous seasons and he had a couple nagging injuries last season. This season he logged his best first half ever as a Gopher and currently leads the Gophers in points with 1.25 pts./game. Hopefully this season he'll break his trend of a second half scoring slump. Admittedly, freshman class scoring has been remarkable, but Rau, Condon and Warning are key upperclassmen and leaders who need to be more consistently on the scoreboard in the second half if the Gophers are to have a deep playoff run.

PLAYER (First half after 16 games)....................2013-14....................2012-13....................2011-12
          KYLE RAU............................................... ......3-13-16.....................6-8-14....................10-8-18
          SAM WARNING........................................... ...5-15-20....................5-11-16......................4-3-7
          NATE CONDON............................................ ...2-8-10......................3-9-12.....................5-6-11

PLAYER (Second half after 20 games)................2013-14....................2012-13....................2011-12
          KYLE RAU............................................... ..........?.........................8-14-22....................6-12-18
          SAM WARNING........................................... .......?...........................3-4-7.......................2-5-7
          NATE CONDON............................................ ......?.........................8-10-18....................5-10-15

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
            If you are a season ticket holder, you have to in to the Gopher ticketing system and re-print with you new seat assignments.

Quite frankly, I was a little disappointed by the process in that I have had the same seats on the blue line (the end the Gophs shoot at twice) since the building opened, and my seats in the Bank are in the corner. They gave me the "opportunity" to upgrade to a better view (read, somewhere closer) for the low fee of $40 per seat. No thanks, I just sold the one's I have and I'll watch from the warmth of my own home...
            Not a season ticket holder. Picked my seats online. I specifically remember choosing the mail my tickets to me option. Still nothing....
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Good observations San! But what we've seen thus far from Warning, Rau and Condon is typical of the amount of scoring they’ve demonstrated in previous seasons. Below is a first and second half scoring comparison over the past two seasons equivalent in games to this season’s 36 game schedule. Kyle Rau and Nate Condon's first half goal scoring has progressively dropped off over 3 seasons. I suspect Rau's role at center as more of a playmaker, rather than camping at the edge of the net as in previous seasons, may have a bearing on his decrease in goals and increase in assists.

Good stuff Harley. Drop offs seem to occur in many years after we get further into the season. One may assume its the fact that the guys are just playing worse. I happen typically chock it up to the fact that competition is just getting better as the season progresses...and to a great job our coaching staff does in getting the guys prepared for the season.

Also, each of these senior players is on a different team than last year. They just camped in front of the goal and were the benefificaries of amazing plays from Bjugs or Haula. This year, they are backstopping freshmen who are going all out. Lastly, I believe nearly all of Sam's drop off last year was from the injury.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                And name recognition it is: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...mber-16,-2013/

(Ferris jumps to 2nd; Huskies drop to 4th)
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I love how Jan has it for one week and then they collapse.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Did they get the 'ranked #1 banner' hung before they dropped out of first?

(And a tie MSU should have the glass lower.....)

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      Did they get the 'ranked #1 banner' hung before they dropped out of first?

(And a tie MSU should have the glass lower.....)
                      I don't know, but they've been awfully quiet the past couple of days.

Comment

It's December.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Yeah, strange... That is something that usually happens the weekend after the NCAA seeding is announced.
                          "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Just my response to all the whiny Jan fans who were crying that Minnesota was picked over them for #1 a few weeks ago.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just my response to all the whiny Jan fans who were crying that Minnesota was picked over them for #1 a few weeks ago.
                              When you are a Jan fan, it is always a fine time to whine.
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

• Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                                Yeah, strange... That is something that usually happens the weekend after the NCAA seeding is announced.
                                But we aren't even the best at that, with the Gophers losses to Holy Cross and Yale as #1 and #2 seeds.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X