This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    But USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine says differently....by a single point!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-mens/
    Co champions again?
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
      Think it would be an interesting discussion to have and I'd love to hear your opinions!
      I'd be hard pressed to disagree that they have not be at least as good as last year to date, but equally hard pressed to argue they will be considered so in the end. This is still a pretty young team earning quite a bit of points from the Fr class. Not sure that can be expected to be sustained over the long haul and hard to judge how those young kids will fare in the meat grinder of March/April.

Thoughts running through my head:

1) Wilcox hasn't skipped a beat
      2) Drop off from Condon
      3) Emergence of Ambroz and a strong showing so far from the Jr and Fr
      4) They appear to be a real 'team' playing for each other, the M, the coaches and the fans
      5) Special teams have not been too special, but due to youth this should improve
      6) Scoring depth

Obviously there's a lot more, but there are reasons to be optimistic that go beyond a homer's perspective. Fans have a lot to look forward to and I expect the ride to be fun.

Comment

I agree with you slap and I would add:

What happened to Warning, big drop off and has had far too many bone headed plays with the puck lately.
        I like our D, yes even Marshall.
        As we get deeper into the season Rau, Condon and Warning need to step it up imo, though Rau has a new role without Bjugs now, so maybe that's not as important as the other two.
        Ambroz has been a beast, good for him, we need someone to get down and dirty and he seems to like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Thoughts running through my head:

1) Wilcox hasn't skipped a beat
          2) Drop off from Condon
          3) Emergence of Ambroz and a strong showing so far from the Jr and Fr
          4) They appear to be a real 'team' playing for each other, the M, the coaches and the fans
          5) Special teams have not been too special, but due to youth this should improve
          6) Scoring depth

Obviously there's a lot more, but there are reasons to be optimistic that go beyond a homer's perspective. Fans have a lot to look forward to and I expect the ride to be fun.
          I'd agree as well with all your points. Hammy made a good point the other day about Condon. With two very talented offensive minded freshmen, he is probably shouldering a lot of defensive covering and responsibility. There should be concerned regarding Condon if the line was not doing so well. But as it's arguably our best performing line right now...there's no reason to be too concerned with him. Likewise, he's captain...and the team's chemistry, enthusiasm, balance and outcomes have been strong. I'd rate his intangibles as excellent.
          Last edited by 5mn_Major; 12-12-2013, 07:57 PM.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            As we get deeper into the season Rau, Condon and Warning need to step it up imo, though Rau has a new role without Bjugs now, so maybe that's not as important as the other two.
            That thought came to mind as well, but they were hot to start the season and I think they can get that back again. The break will serve the Gophers well not so much because of injuries (although JP comes to mind) but because I think mentally for the Fr it will help and the top line will reconnect.

Comment

"Chris Werle, Gophers senior associate athletic director, said as of Wednesday morning 40,000 tickets had been sold for the outdoor Hockey City Classic at TCF Bank Stadium. The doubleheader, featuring the Gophers men’s and women’s teams, will be played the evening of Friday, January 17. If severe weather causes postponement, the classic will be rescheduled for Sunday, January 19."

LINK
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Any idea when the tickets will be mailed out? I still haven't seen mine yet...
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Any idea when the tickets will be mailed out? I still haven't seen mine yet...
                  If you are a season ticket holder, you have to in to the Gopher ticketing system and re-print with you new seat assignments.

Quite frankly, I was a little disappointed by the process in that I have had the same seats on the blue line (the end the Gophs shoot at twice) since the building opened, and my seats in the Bank are in the corner. They gave me the "opportunity" to upgrade to a better view (read, somewhere closer) for the low fee of $40 per seat. No thanks, I just sold the one's I have and I'll watch from the warmth of my own home...

Comment

St. Cloud losing to Union 1-4 with less than 5 minutes to go. Depending on what happens tomorrow, the Gophers could retake No. 1.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      "Chris Werle, Gophers senior associate athletic director, said as of Wednesday morning 40,000 tickets had been sold for the outdoor Hockey City Classic at TCF Bank Stadium. The doubleheader, featuring the Gophers men’s and women’s teams, will be played the evening of Friday, January 17. If severe weather causes postponement, the classic will be rescheduled for Sunday, January 19."

LINK
                      40,000? Holy smokes that's far more than I would have predicted. It'll be interesting to see if they can fill the stadium. That would be very impressive for an OSU game.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

tDon, staff and USA Hockey will take over Mariucci Arena from Dec. 15-18 with the 2014 U.S. National Junior Team training camp before departing for the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Malmo, Sweden.

Good chance to see the 2014 USA WJ team as all practices are open to the public. Training camp schedule:

Sun. Dec. 15 Practice 6:30-8:00 p.m.
                        Mon. Dec. 16 Practice 10:00-11:30 a.m.
                        Mon. Dec. 16 Practice 5:00-6:00 p.m.
                        Tues. Dec. 17 Practice 10:00-11:30 a.m.
                        Tues. Dec. 17 at Minnesota State (Mankato, Minn.) 7:30 p.m.
                        Wed. Dec. 18 Practice 9:30-10:30 a.m.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          tDon, staff and USA Hockey will take over Mariucci Arena from Dec. 15-18 with the 2014 U.S. National Junior Team training camp before departing for the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Malmo, Sweden.

Good chance to see the 2014 USA WJ team as all practices are open to the public. Training camp schedule:

Sun. Dec. 15 Practice 6:30-8:00 p.m.
                          Mon. Dec. 16 Practice 10:00-11:30 a.m.
                          Mon. Dec. 16 Practice 5:00-6:00 p.m.
                          Tues. Dec. 17 Practice 10:00-11:30 a.m.
                          Tues. Dec. 17 at Minnesota State (Mankato, Minn.) 7:30 p.m.
                          Wed. Dec. 18 Practice 9:30-10:30 a.m.
                          Thanks Harley!
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            St. Cloud losing to Union 1-4 with less than 5 minutes to go. Depending on what happens tomorrow, the Gophers could retake No. 1.
                            St. Cloud goes 0-1-1 against Union this weekend. Any predictions as to who will be No. 1 when the new USCHO poll is released on Monday? No. 3 Michigan was idle; No. 4 Ferris State had a tie (2-2) and a win (2-0) against Michigan and Michigan State respectively.

The usual B.S. about how rankings don't matter aside, will the Gophers retake No. 1 'all alone' on Monday?
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The usual B.S. about how rankings don't matter aside, will the Gophers retake No. 1 'all alone' on Monday?
                              Yes

Comment

No. 3 Michigan was idle; No. 4 Ferris State had a tie (2-2) and a win (2-0) against Michigan and Michigan State respectively.
                                Huh? So Ferris could only manage a tie against a team that didn't even play?

Comment

Working...
                                X