Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Jake posted a photo of his fracture on Twitter (PHOTO). It looks like a fairly clean stress fracture to the fibula and a slight fracture in the tibia (you can see the internal fixation on the fibula stabilized with screws in the tibia). The fibula will heal fairly quickly, so barring any complications and some good rehab time there's a very good possibility Jake will be able to make it back before season end (mid-Feb./Michigan series??).

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    The inaugural North Star College Cup will be one hell of a tournament to watch.

Comment

But USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine says differently....by a single point!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-mens/
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

But USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine says differently....by a single point!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-mens/
        Gophers have the slight edge in SOS over SCSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          What?
          I don't think there is absolutely no possibility they will bring someone in early with J me hurt. Unlikely? You're probably right. 0% ? Don't know if I'd go that far.

They started the season carrying one less defenseman then they would have liked to, and when Vanelli left I can almost assure you the thought at least came up as to adding another defenseman this season. Again, very unlikely they would have done it, or will do it, but I don't think it was as definitive as not even being a possibility.

Again, not really disagreeing with your point that it probably won't happen, I justdon't not think the chance of it happening is 0%.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            What?
            I don't think there is absolutely no possibility they will bring someone in early with Jake hurt. Unlikely? You're probably right. 0% ? Don't know if I'd go that far.

They started the season carrying one less defenseman then they would have liked to, and when Vanelli left I would think the thought at least came up as to adding another defenseman this season. Again, very unlikely they would have done it, or will do it, but I don't think it was as definitive as not even being a possibility.

Again, not really disagreeing with your point that it probably won't happen, I just don't not think the chance of it happening is 0%. Sorry, I know that might come off like I'm splitting hairs, but I wanted to make the point that I am sure it's at least crossed their minds.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 12-11-2013, 09:24 AM.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              I don't think there is absolutely no possibility they will bring someone in early with J me hurt. Unlikely? You're probably right. 0% ? Don't know if I'd go that far.

They started the season carrying one less defenseman then they would have liked to, and when Vanelli left I can almost assure you the thought at least came up as to adding another defenseman this season. Again, very unlikely they would have done it, or will do it, but I don't think it was as definitive as not even being a possibility.

Again, not really disagreeing with your point that it probably won't happen, I justdon't not think the chance of it happening is 0%.
              so you're telling me there's a chance
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                The inaugural North Star College Cup will be one hell of a tournament to watch.
                Duluth is underrated (I can say after watching them thump the gophers) and they've spent much of the first half on the road. MSM in all likelihood will be riding a 7 game winning streak after this weekend. And then you've got the top two current schools in the country. Yeah, if the schools can match the intensity...it should be not far from an old WCHA Final Five.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Got my pair of tickets in the mail the other day, and am really looking forward to attending the inaugural event. Anyone hear how ticket sales are doing? Hopefully the place will be rockin', and with Minnesota pride on the line the intensity level on the ice WILL match or exceed the old Final Five.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What?
                    If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Ice cream doesn't have bones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Ice cream doesn't have bones!!!
                      It does have a skeletal system of sorts.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Got my pair of tickets in the mail the other day, and am really looking forward to attending the inaugural event. Anyone hear how ticket sales are doing? Hopefully the place will be rockin', and with Minnesota pride on the line the intensity level on the ice WILL match or exceed the old Final Five.
                        I went to the Minnesota classic, or whatever it was called a few years ago at the X, and the crowd for the first game was pathetic. It filled up a little for the Gopher game but the energy was nowhere near that of a Final Five and those were even league games! I'm not really excited for it but that's not saying others aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by BigM3810 View Post
                          I went to the Minnesota classic, or whatever it was called a few years ago at the X, and the crowd for the first game was pathetic. It filled up a little for the Gopher game but the energy was nowhere near that of a Final Five and those were even league games! I'm not really excited for it but that's not saying others aren't.
                          I think or at least hope that this year it will be a little different in that the teams are representing different leagues. And, with exception of Duluth and St. Cloud, they are no longer playing a regular series (or two) against each other so this will be their one and only opportunity to show who's best team in the State. That should give the teams more incentive and hopefully create more fan interest.

Comment

Originally posted by BigM3810 View Post
                            I'm inclined to agree with you that this event won't be as big of a deal as some people want or expect it to be. It definitely will not be anything close to the Final five, but I'm not sure anything will ever be the same so that kind of goes without saying. The main difference between this one and the one they did before is that was technically a home game for Mankato. Not like they were going to be able to send enough fans to fill it themselves. It wasn't included in Minnesota's season ticket package like this one is, if I'm not mistaken, so that should help a little bit.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

So here's the question going into the break...Is this year's team an overall better team than the one we had last year?

The Gophers are off to a great start with a 12-2-2 record where they've played some tough teams in BC and Notre Dame. Of their losses, one was a faith-shaker when they got dominated by UMD, the other was due to a near flawless defensive effort by Notre Dame. Their ties have come against an amazing game against BC and a dominating (yet stolen) effort against Michigan State. They've taken periods off, but not to the extent that last year's team did.

This summer I would have hardly thought that the two teams could have been compared. There was no way a team that carried heavy-hitters in Bjugstad, Schmidt and Haula could possibly be not as good as team with a lot of freshmen on the top few lines. But now I don't know, this year's team is a hard-working, gritty, yet-skilled team...a reflection of captain Rau perhaps?

The biggest question marks, in my opinion, are the lack of experience and how young this team is. Wilcox has been great, but he's also had a couple of poor games I feel. Has HE improved this year? How about our defensive core? I'll leave it up to someone more dedicated to come up with the statistical comparisons between this years team and last year's team at this point in the season.

Finally, with the bar being set so high at this point, what are you realistic expectations for this team? Frozen Four or perhaps more?

Think it would be an interesting discussion to have and I'd love to hear your opinions!

Comment

Only 2 day packages are currently available. Will it match the F5? It might not emulate the F5 in terms of attendance and rivalries, but as an intrastate event with some top nationally ranked teams involved I think the quality of play will be very entertaining and well worth attending. The Friday 7pm game against SCSU is shaping up to be an epic clash of the two top teams in the nation and should be well attended. If the Gophers win, I would think the championship game attendance will be good too. Overall, seems like a very good kickoff to the annual NSCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X