Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
    And along the same line, the analysis of Gopher Wes, in my opinion, is not up to the standard I expect of a Gopher fan. No where near enough tArrogance and way too much Chicken Little the sky is falling. I think Lucia should bench him.
    I would bench me too, but that is a different story.

I don't think the sky is falling, but I don't think players are above criticism. If you don't agree with my takes, that's fine. I'm not going to jump down your throat if I don't totally agree with your takes, but I expect you(and others) to do the same for mine.

And keep in mind, it's the holiday break. I will get tArrogance in full force for the stretch run in the second half!
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I would bench me too, but that is a different story.

I don't think the sky is falling, but I don't think players are above criticism. If you don't agree with my takes, that's fine. I'm not going to jump down your throat if I don't totally agree with your takes, but I expect you(and others) to do the same for mine.

And keep in mind, it's the holiday break. I will get tArrogance in full force for the stretch run in the second half!
      The break is just what you need to pump up tArrogance. Although I am worried about you. You mentioned respect in your post. Perhaps an extended Christmas bender would be a good way to cleanse concerns about R-E-S-P-E-C-T and embrace tArrogance?
      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
        The break is just what you need to pump up tArrogance. Although I am worried about you. You mentioned respect in your post. Perhaps an extended Christmas bender would be a good way to cleanse concerns about R-E-S-P-E-C-T and embrace tArrogance?
        Don't worry about me. Apparently I'm just a defenseman criticizer, but that doesn't mean I can't get tArrogance cranked up.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          And of course posters are not above criticism either.

Having said that, bring on the so-called 'B1G'!
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Yeah...even if it were the right thing to do, I have to believe bringing in Johnson is not an option. It just never happens.
            Two instances come to mind. SCSU brought in Joe Rehkamp for the second semester two seasons ago. They had a similar problem (had a guy to go major junior and some injury issues). Only difference was that Rehkamp hadn't previously signed anywhere.
            Another was Andy Miele at Miami. He had to go back to junior for an additional semester because of academic eligibility issues. He was able to get things figured out, so Miami brought him to school for the second semester.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

There are a couple who think they are....

Comment

Oh yeah, and I am never wrong, so there is nothing to be critical about with my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  I checked around, and I am not 100% positive, but believe it is possible.

No doubt we'll be ok if Jake can't make it back, but it would put us in bad spot if another defender were to get hurt and miss significant time or get hurt at the end of the season and leave us with 5 defenders in the post season.

Biggest drawback I can think of for bringing Johnson in early is it would burn some of his eligibility for the future.

Not saying they should do it, but it is something worth considering if they don't think Jake will be back this season.
                  I think you're right they might be able to pull it off if the Gopher coaching staff feels they need the depth at D with a recruit like Johnson. But I suspect they'd have to act now under some special student-athlete enrollment circumstances. My thinking is they might be banking on Jake's return before season end. But if they determine later Jake can't make it back...it's probably too late at that point to call up a kid like Johnson long after classes have begun. Checked around a little too and learned OSU recently offered the Dubuque Fighting Saints goalie Christian Frey a scholly and he's jumped at it (CHN) and will join the Buckeyes asap to fill a vacancy in nets left by their starting and backup goalies.

Comment

Or they figure out one of their lesser forwards and start training that guy as a defensemen.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      I think you're right they might be able to pull it off if the Gopher coaching staff feels they need the depth at D with a recruit like Johnson. But I suspect they'd have to act now under some special student-athlete enrollment circumstances. My thinking is they might be banking on Jake's return before season end. But if they determine later Jake can't make it back...it's probably too late at that point to call up a kid like Johnson long after classes have begun. Checked around a little too and learned OSU recently offered the Dubuque Fighting Saints goalie Christian Frey a scholly and he's jumped at it (CHN) and will join the Buckeyes asap to fill a vacancy in nets left by their starting and backup goalies.
                      Exactly what I was thinking Harley. If they are going to bring him in, they would have to make that decision very soon.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Or they figure out one of their lesser forwards and start training that guy as a defensemen.
                        Between us having 5 for only the WJCs and what appears to be an expected 8 weeks for Jake, the window of risk here may not be that long. I think you train a guy for a move back to the blue line just in case...and just try to patch over to when Jake gets back in February (knock on wood).
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Who?

Michaelson? R Reilly? Isackson?

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            Who?

Michaelson? R Reilly? Isackson?
                            Sure. I'll leave it up to Guentzel and Lucia to pick the right one.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Sure. I'll leave it up to Guentzel and Lucia to pick the right one.
                              Just out of curiosity, can Lucia keep any of his players out of the WJ's?

Can he say to the US WJ folks (and in effect the player), 'tough hop, I need player X here'?

Is there a legal/contractual element in play?
                              Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 12-10-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Whoever can skate backwards without falling down wins...

Comment

Working...
                                X