This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    The Gophers received two extra curricular penalties this weekend that were pure garbage, one to Fasching on Fri and to Ambroz on Saturday. Maybe Eaves is a closet Whioux fan.
    Exactly!
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      The Gophers received two extra curricular penalties this weekend that were pure garbage, one to Fasching on Fri and to Ambroz on Saturday. Maybe Eaves is a closet Whioux fan.
      I noticed that every penalty on a BADger was cause for hands in the air and long discussions/whining by the BADger. Also very Whioux like. Maybe Eaves is trying to emulate Hak.

Comment

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Re-watched the game tonight. In my opinion, the game was pretty even the first 12 or so minutes. Then the Badgers had a long 18 minute stretch from 8 minutes left in the first period to the halfway mark of the second where they controlled play. The second half of the second and much of the third, I think the Gophers controlled play more than Wisconsin.

Rewatching, it seemed like the Badgers controlled play more because they had that long stretch where they absolutely bottled us in our zone. But breaking it up into sections and adding up the time, I think it was a fairly evenly played game.

One opinion of mine I reaffirmed by re-viewing the game is that this team needs to be physical on the forecheck more. During the stretch where Wisconsin was really hemming us in our zone, we made it FAR too easy for them to break the puck out. As soon as we became more physical, they weren't as sharp breaking out and that effected their forecheck in our zone. It really turned the tide in this game.

Comment

Also want to add, I don't think Condon is 100%. Doesn't have the same burst and although physical play was never his strongest suit, he seemed a little tenative.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Also want to add, I don't think Condon is 100%. Doesn't have the same burst and although physical play was never his strongest suit, he seemed a little tenative.
            He hasn't impressed me at all the whole year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              He hasn't impressed me at all the whole year.
              Have to say I agree. He is capable of much more, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I noticed that every penalty on a BADger was cause for hands in the air and long discussions/whining by the BADger. Also very Whioux like. Maybe Eaves is trying to emulate Hak.
                And the captain whine session.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  And the captain whine session.
                  They emulate their leader, Eaves.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    They emulate their leader, Eaves.
                    Yep. It's telling when guys get called for a penalty and turn and appeal to their bench.
                    Not the kind of modeling I would want for leadership or accountability.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      He's definitely lost a step or two. Don't know if it's due to some kind of injury, or a lack of confidence, but this weekend he was not the fastest Gopher skater out there. Hopefully it's just a glitch and he'll resume the blazing speed he was showing earlier.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        I feel Marshall is getting a bad rap too. He does make a couple mistakes, but he he does an awful lot, including things that aren't as obvious as mistakes. He is usually very aggressive back-checking in the corners and more often than not comes away with the puck. And you can't hang losing the puck behind the net against Yael on him. It was clear the puck stuck in a wet spot. Period shouldn't have started in a playoff game before the ice is frozen.
                        No doubt Marshall does a lot of stuff right. A wet spot? Funny...I haven't heard that excuse or seen it in print yet (until now). Where do you come up with this crapola? The only wet spot 9 seconds into OT was in Marshall's hockey pants after they scored.

It looked to me that Marshall wasn't aware of how close Agostino was trailing him as he skated into the corner with the puck. Ben put sufficient velocity on his errant bank to overcome a phantom "wet spot" and the puck is still moving when Agostino intercepts it. It was a **** poor effort by Marshall. He badly misjudged the angle on an attempted bank off the boards to Helgy (who was also out of position clear over in the other corner) and created the turnover that allowed Agostino to easily intercept it, and pass it to Root in front under Bjug's stick for the dagger.

FWIW I don't like the way Bjugs handled that play either and IMO takes partial blame for the entire blunder. Going down on one knee and a glove with legs open and your stick off the ice is no way to block a pass headed for the slot in sudden death OT or in any game for that matter. That was equally pathetic. I don't see a whole lot of OT desperation for a W in either player's effort.

VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          No doubt Marshall does a lot of stuff right. A wet spot? Funny...I haven't heard that excuse or seen it in print yet (until now). Where do you come up with this crapola? The only wet spot 9 seconds into OT was in Marshall's hockey pants after they scored.

It looked to me that Marshall wasn't aware of how close Agostino was trailing him as he skated into the corner with the puck. Ben put sufficient velocity on his errant bank to overcome a phantom "wet spot" and the puck is still moving when Agostino intercepts it. It was a **** poor effort by Marshall. He badly misjudged the angle on an attempted bank off the boards to Helgy (who was also out of position clear over in the other corner) and created the turnover that allowed Agostino to easily intercept it, and pass it to Root in front under Bjug's stick for the dagger.

FWIW I don't like the way Bjugs handled that play either and IMO takes partial blame for the entire blunder. Going down on one knee and a glove with legs open and your stick off the ice is no way to block a pass headed for the slot in sudden death OT or in any game for that matter. That was equally pathetic. I don't see a whole lot of OT desperation for a W in either player's effort.

VIDEO
                          For cripes sake guys do we have to relive that now???????????

It was an awful display of horribleness through and through. Move on.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            For cripes sake guys do we have to relive that now???????????

It was an awful display of horribleness through and through. Move on.
                            I agree.

Comment

So, I'm confused.

Barry and Penn State shove the Big 10 down my throat. Ok. So I turn the TV on tonight and I have Michigan and OSU on Fox Sports North and some Football Documentary on the Big 10 Network.

Anyone care to explain this?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                So, I'm confused.

Barry and Penn State shove the Big 10 down my throat. Ok. So I turn the TV on tonight and I have Michigan and OSU on Fox Sports North and some Football Documentary on the Big 10 Network.

Anyone care to explain this?

The Godfa... I mean Mr. Alvarez has asked me to ask everyone to keep in mind what happened to Fredo before they answer this.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X