This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Well, I'm from EP and our only tradition when I was there was to get spanked by anyone and everyone on an annual basis.
    I thought it was great beating up EP, Tonka, Wayzata and everybody else. Fun times.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Who's going to start the Border Battle thread?

Comment

Thought they would have dropped in the poles. Sorta was hoping they would. Guess this isn't bad, since probably annoys some Jan fans.
        Last edited by Koho; 11-25-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Thought they would have dropped in the poles. Sorta was hoping they would. Guess this isn't bad, since probably annoys some Jan fans.
          SUCKS had more 1st place votes, but due to a lack of RESPECT still stand #2.

(poles etc...)

Comment

Haula has been real good for the Wild tonight. His first NHL point is an assist on a Dany Heatley goal. Figures.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

This Gopher team might be the worst team I have ever seen at clearing the puck on the PK.

Good to see them go 100% on the PK, but I'm not sure how much credit to give to MN and how much to give to WI for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                This Gopher team might be the worst team I have ever seen at clearing the puck on the PK.

Good to see them go 100% on the PK, but I'm not sure how much credit to give to MN and how much to give to WI for that.
                A little of both, I'd say. Wisconsin's power play is much better than the awfulness of a year ago, but they definitely made some mistakes when it came to quick passing on the power play that weren't really forced. That said, Minnesota definitely did not let up on the PK, so give them credit.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...day/in/4922183

Recap of the game from Nate Wells
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So was Cammaratta just sat, or does he have an injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      So was Cammaratta just sat, or does he have an injury?
                      I believe tDon said Cammaratta has a back problem and is day to day.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Pioneer Press Sports has a poll for what MN sports fans should be most thankful for, have choices for all pro teams and Gopher BBall and Football, but not hockey!!!!! What a joke! No other team is doing as well as the Gophs and they don't even have them in their idiotic pohl!

Comment

Excellent start to the B1G this weekend, always good to get 6 points.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Tonight’s game was the Gopher-BADger rivalry game everyone was expecting for the first B1G series of the season and the battle level was intense and consistent right down to the final ticks. In the back of his mind, Seth Ambroz has had something to prove after his NHL draft stock dropped a bit before coming to the Gophers. This was undoubtedly the biggest breakout weekend series of Seth Ambroz’s Gopher career, notching 4 Gs as the NEW goal scoring leader and most likely earned the B1G conference player of the weekend honors.

Credit Bucky who came out the gates fired up tonight scoring first and suddenly the Gophers trailed AGAIN early. The Gophers have given up the first G in 8 games now this season, but their 6-2-0 record shows the character of this team’s ability to battle back for the W as they did tonight. With the game winding down and tied at 3-3 with .56 sec. left, tDon made the right coaching decision to put the 3rd line in which had been the best production line of the weekend. Serratore played his usual hard fought game hitting everything that moved, and with 26 sec. left Travis “lunchpail ” Boyd popped the puck in front for Ambroz’s winning G for the W.

Overall, a huge series sweep and confidence builder for the Gophers who improve to 11-2-1. Next weekend the Gophers are on the road for the final series of this half against a struggling Sparty (4-7-0) on the small sheet. And guess what…lo and behold we play a team with an even more pathetic PP than the Gophers (14.3%) at 9.6%! Go Gophers! Rah!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              Tonight’s game was the Gopher-BADger rivalry game everyone was expecting for the first B1G series of the season and the battle level was intense and consistent right down to the final ticks. In the back of his mind, Seth Ambroz has had something to prove after his NHL draft stock dropped a bit before coming to the Gophers. This was undoubtedly the biggest breakout weekend series of Seth Ambroz’s Gopher career, notching 4 Gs as the NEW goal scoring leader and most likely earned the B1G conference player of the weekend honors.

Credit Bucky who came out the gates fired up tonight scoring first and suddenly the Gophers trailed AGAIN early. The Gophers have given up the first G in 8 games now this season, but their 6-2-0 record shows the character of this team’s ability to battle back for the W as they did tonight. With the game winding down and tied at 3-3 with .56 sec. left, tDon made the right coaching decision to put the 3rd line in which had been the best production line of the weekend. Serratore played his usual hard fought game hitting everything that moved, and with 26 sec. left Travis “lunchpail ” Boyd popped the puck in front for Ambroz’s winning G for the W.

Overall, a huge series sweep and confidence builder for the Gophers who improve to 11-2-1. Next weekend the Gophers are on the road for the final series of this half against a struggling Sparty (4-7-0) on the small sheet. And guess what…lo and behold we play a team with an even more pathetic PP than the Gophers (14.3%) at 9.6%! Go Gophers! Rah!
                              Kinda funny: MN plays WI in football, the next week MN plays WI in hockey. Then MN plays MSU in football, then MSU the next week in hockey. COINCIDENCE?!
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Kinda funny: MN plays WI in football, the next week MN plays WI in hockey. Then MN plays MSU in football, then MSU the next week in hockey. COINCIDENCE?!
                                As long as the win/loss pattern continues, I think we'll be happy with next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X