Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

This is a fun team. Even when they're not killing it on the PP or even the scoreboard, they simply impress me with their will and determination. To have 7 F playing with such aplomb and poise - but also from my fat-induced dent in the couch an entire roster of guys that don't appear to pout because they didn't play the night before - we are seeing a special team. Not special in foreshadowing titles but rather a bunch of high quality and high character kids that want to play for each other and the M most of all. "Teachable moments" was mentioned before and for once I don't think this team needs one. They will happen without question - they have to over a 40 game season - but for once I don't find myself calling for one due to the sense they're too full of themselves. No idea what's going to happen but...

1. Boyd may not light the lamp, but I love his grit
    2. Holl imho has become the DEFENDER I wasn't sure he could given his offensive background in HS
    3. People rag on Marshall, but I like this kid
    4. Isaacskon continues to impress
    5. Rau isn't putting them in, but continues to work hard
    6. Lettieri seems lost at times. Maybe too strong a description but I expect more
    7. Kloos is a friggin stud. Always seems to be in the right spot and not sure I've seen him make a boneheaded play yet
    8. SHIBBY

Comment

Good list ss.....Holl had a great game.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

1. Boyd may not light the lamp, but I love his grit
        2. Holl imho has become the DEFENDER I wasn't sure he could given his offensive background in HS
        3. People rag on Marshall, but I like this kid
        4. Isaacskon continues to impress
        5. Rau isn't putting them in, but continues to work hard
        6. Lettieri seems lost at times. Maybe too strong a description but I expect more
        7. Kloos is a friggin stud. Always seems to be in the right spot and not sure I've seen him make a boneheaded play yet
        8. SHIBBY
        My response:
        1. Boyd- I also like his effort more than some on here.
        2. Holl has shown great improvement since his Freshman year. Don't know I'd say he is number one for D.
        3. Marshall is a better at defense than a lot give him credit for. I get tired of people looking for a goat and picking apart one little play. On GPL, someone attacked him for 'pinching' and leading to a break that allowed ND to score last week, when all he did was move to the boards to cover a pass out when it looked like a Gopher was going to come away with the puck. The forward then fired it to where Marshall had been away from the boards. As Marshall reached back for it, it looked like his skate caught a crack as he stumbled against the board and missed the errant pass, allowing a ND player to grab it with speed. He was in the correct position, a pass was made behind him and he stumbled, yet a couple posters jumped him for being too aggressive. It wasn't a mistake on his part, but people jump him. I agree with you, he is very good.
        4. Another scapegoat in my opinion who plays better than some give credit for. Not a star, but some make him sound horrible. He does make mistakes holding the puck too long, which is obvious for people to see. But he is a pretty good forechecker along the boards, more often than not winning the battles along the board. If he could learn to see the play a little more quickly, with his hands, he could be a real contributor.
        5. Obviously Rau's MO is hard work, but I would feel better if he were putting a few more in. He was the guy we expected to carry a lot of the load, and the one we hoped you could count on in the crucial situation to come up with the big goal. And I don't think he will necessarily continue to not score, but it would be nice if it started sooner. (I know, tough season when you complain about a guy having only 9 pts and the team keeps winning.)
        6. Lettieri really impressed me in the first few games, and has not stood out much since. He does work hard though and should continue to develop. My guess, he doesn't contribute as much this year as I thought he would after first few games, but he becomes a solid player over next couple years.
        7. Kloos - yes.
        8. 0.00 GAA
        9. Hope Fasching sticks around for awhile.
        10. Bisch is exceeding expectations.
        11. Warning seems to be shooting less than in the beginning. Makes great passes, but a couple times a game seems to pass up shot.
        12. Cammie also needs to shoot a little more.

Comment

Wow, Sunday and no MN threads on front page. No series thread yet. Don't tell me people are distracted by the Vikings impending loss. Guess I'll bump...

Comment

Ladies' streak is over. 62 games, 62 W's. Impressive.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Ladies' streak is over. 62 games, 62 W's. Impressive.
              Too bad. And I assume it was to the nameless ones, to make it worse. They just have to win it all now to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                Inner Child?
                That's right. Do I have to spell it out for you? CHILDISH. A RECENT EXAMPLE YOUR TYPICAL RANDOM THOUGHTS AND CHILDISH FART BURBLE:

And Harley knows more than all because he played.
                Never said it or insinuated it...yet another example of your childish "na-na...na-na...na" babble and preteen pouting episodes.

Bjugs was the right choice for center last year, and despite your vast experience, I tend to side with the guy who has two NCAA championships under his belt on this one.
                Seriously, what the fk is wrong with you...can you read? Again for the second time now, reread my post lugnut, never questioned the decision. Yet another example of your preteen reading skills to go along with your childish drivel and pouting episodes.

(And I admit, I replied to your post, but at least half of what I wrote in that post was in response to dart, not you. It was just that you agreed with some of his post so I used yours to reply. So you may have misinterpreted my response.
                Anyone with a pulse would misinterpret it genius, because it makes no fk'n sense...OK? Tell me, can you put together coherent thoughts with a little white space in between for readability minus the childish rambling and babbling that bewilders the average reader beyond comprehension? Wow.

(And to clarify, my referral to faceoff percentage was to the one poster who based his sole justification for a player's (Kloos?) position on one night's faceoff percentage and making an example of using one element of a position to state Lucia was doing something wrong.)
                Unbelievable and here we go again. "And to clarify"...too funny. MAY I ASK WHO THIS "MYSTERY" POSTER IS?? IIRC I'm the only one who wrote specifically about Kloos's low faceoff % (and SOG) during the BC series. I wrote the following:

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                Just to reiterate, changing lines based upon performance and stats thus far is premature. I agree with everyone here that we need more time to test the lines out. Although it's still early, anything below 50% is a serious matter of concern and Kloos needs to make positive adjustments in the FO circles.

Comment

Kumbaya my lord.... Bring back the Sioux so you two ( and a few others on here ) can redirect these hurt feelings and boo boos where they belong. Or just grow up, your choice.
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

It's been so long since I have used it, where is the "ignore" button again?

Comment

So Scoobs, haven't seen you for a little while. Got a glass update? One loss on the year; None of the freshman are underperforming and some exceeding expectations; near top in GAA and Goals/gm; Number 1 in the Pohls; second line that looks like a lot of teams 1st line; enough depth that seems like even the guys who sit some games would be playing regularly for about any other team. Granted, PP and PK are not great so the glass isn't full. But seems like you will be exposing your full pessimism if you are not well over 80% for this point of season. (If you do put them below 80%, I'm guessing that if you had a glass for the Women's team, you'd have them at 60% because they lost a game in their last 65.)

Comment

So Scoobs, haven't seen you for a little while. Got a glass update? One loss on the year; None of the freshman are underperforming and some exceeding expectations; near top in GAA and Goals/gm; Number 1 in the Pohls; second line that looks like a lot of teams 1st line; enough depth that seems like even the guys who sit some games would be playing regularly for about any other team. Granted, PP and PK are not great so the glass isn't full. But seems like you will be exposing your full pessimism if you are not well over 80% for this point of season. (If you do put them below 80%, I'm guessing that if you had a glass for the Women's team, you'd have them at 60% because they lost a game in their last 65.)
                        ROTFLMAO

I'd say an update might be in order. I'd set them at over 90%. Women? They've been at a 100% now for a good long while.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          ROTFLMAO

I'd say an update might be in order. I'd set them at over 90%. Women? They've been at a 100% now for a good long while.
                          I hope that wasn't too difficult for you to show optimism. Or are you already hitting the sauce today?

Comment

I hope that wasn't too difficult for you to show optimism. Or are you already hitting the sauce today?
                            No, no drinking for me. I rarely hit the sauce.

I just haven't been posting much. This freshman class is amazing. I can't think of another class that has come in and had this kind of impact this early.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was wondering if Scooby would make a glass update, good to see.

93.1 seems fair, since they haven't really played anyone yet.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                I was wondering if Scooby would make a glass update, good to see.

93.1 seems fair, since they haven't really played anyone yet.
                                Yeah, but I think 93.2% is more like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X