Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    North Dakota, Minnesota to renew historic rivalry

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=209295115
    By 2016 maybe UND will actually have a nickname!

Comment

When Guertler is back in the lineup (probably Notre Dame series) he would have to be on the 3rd line I would think. I can't see him on the 4th line and the first 2 are playing extremely well right now so you don't want to break them up. If so you then have Boyd, C Reilly, Lettieri and Guertler battling for a 3rd line spot.

I wouldn't take Lettieri off that line, so that leaves C Reilly Boyd and Guertler fighting for 2 spots. I would have Guertler Boyd and Lettieri to start off on the 3rd line then go from there. The 4th line could have Serratore C Reilly(or Boyd) Michaelson Ambroz and Isackson battling for spots. That's some great depth, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        When Guertler is back in the lineup (probably Notre Dame series) he would have to be on the 3rd line I would think. I can't see him on the 4th line and the first 2 are playing extremely well right now so you don't want to break them up. If so you then have Boyd, C Reilly, Lettieri and Guertler battling for a 3rd line spot.

I wouldn't take Lettieri off that line, so that leaves C Reilly Boyd and Guertler fighting for 2 spots. I would have Guertler Boyd and Lettieri to start off on the 3rd line then go from there. The 4th line could have Serratore C Reilly(or Boyd) Michaelson Ambroz and Isackson battling for spots. That's some great depth, finally.
        My guess is that Lucia will make Guertler earn his way up, and start him on the 4th line. If he performs well he'll then get promoted rather quickly. But to jump start him above three or four guys who've been working their tails off could cause some dissention in the ranks, and I think Don will know this. Those other guys need to see that he's earned the right to move up by his play.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

Yeah. The top 6 are a lock. 3rd and 4th lines are a logjam with Ambroz, Boyd, Serratore, Guertler, Lettieri, C Reilly, Isackson, Michaelson and R Reilly. Skate 5 lines?
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            My guess is that Lucia will make Guertler earn his way up, and start him on the 4th line. If he performs well he'll then get promoted rather quickly. But to jump start him above three or four guys who've been working their tails off could cause some dissention in the ranks, and I think Don will know this. Those other guys need to see that he's earned the right to move up by his play.
            So, Guertler hasn't been working hard? Just because the others play in the games because he's suspended doesn't mean in practice he's not the one working the hardest. Not saying one way or another, I'm just saying that I don't think you can automatically jump to your conclusion.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, Guertler hasn't been working hard? Just because the others play in the games because he's suspended doesn't mean in practice he's not the one working the hardest. Not saying one way or another, I'm just saying that I don't think you can automatically jump to your conclusion.
              Note that I said "My guess is..." - not a conclusion, just a hunch.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Yeah. The top 6 are a lock. 3rd and 4th lines are a logjam with Ambroz, Boyd, Serratore, Guertler, Lettieri, C Reilly, Isackson, Michaelson and R Reilly. Skate 5 lines?
                And talking about who will play and who won't is not facing the likely scenario, which is that they all rotate to some degree. My guess is we see a lot of Ambroz, Boyd, Letteiri and Serratore to start, with the least of R Reilly. Guertler might quickly replace one of these guys. Serratore has proven himself over the years, but so far this year he has seemed less noticeable than in the past, which is a surprise. My guess is the first four I listed and Guertler become something like 3 out of 4 game players and the others are shuffled into the remaining spots.

by the way, my memory sucks: Does anyone know how many games each of these guys has already appeared in?

Comment

This came up at the radio show a couple weeks ago, and from what Lucia was saying, he sounded very happy with how Gabe was working in practice. If tDon and company decide that Gabe has paid his price for the off-season screw-up, I fully expect that they'll put him on whichever line they feel he fits best with. Since he wasn't being sat due to on-ice performance, I don't see them slowly working him up the lines unless that's how they think it'd be best to get him up and running at game speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    And talking about who will play and who won't is not facing the likely scenario, which is that they all rotate to some degree. My guess is we see a lot of Ambroz, Boyd, Letteiri and Serratore to start, with the least of R Reilly. Guertler might quickly replace one of these guys. Serratore has proven himself over the years, but so far this year he has seemed less noticeable than in the past, which is a surprise. My guess is the first four I listed and Guertler become something like 3 out of 4 game players and the others are shuffled into the remaining spots.

by the way, my memory sucks: Does anyone know how many games each of these guys has already appeared in?
                    Outside of opponent scouting, this logjam at the 3rd, 4th lines may be the #1 issue the coaching staff is looking at. I would assume they have a pretty decent handle on the comparative performance of the guys.

But I agree...there a couple of the guys that are just a bit better (Ambroz) and there are guys that haven't had a ton of chances yet but have the potential to be a lot better (Letteiri, Guertler, etc.) Those will likely be the guys to get more ice time.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

I hope Guertler gets into the lineup at Notre Dame, it sounds like the kid has some toughness and can score a few goals as well.

From people that have watched him play, is he a speed demon like a few of our other freshmen? What's his game?
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Come on.....I understand dropping 5% for not scoring on Bye, but the glass should have gained over the early season 75% based on Freshman performance.

And on another note, I would like to see Rau start to get a couple goals.

Comment

Come on.....I understand dropping 5% for not scoring on Bye, but the glass should have gained over the early season 75% based on Freshman performance.

Interesting the way Warning's (and Fasching's) role have turned out to be scorer. And Rau is turning out to be the set up guy. Agreed, it would be nice to see him get some G's. But from a coaching staff standpoint, if its working don't fix it.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            From people that have watched him (Guertler) play, is he a speed demon like a few of our other freshmen? What's his game?
                            Good overall game. More of a goal scorer. Pretty good skater. He's more gritty than the other freshmen forwards (outside of Fasching that is). Built a little more thick with a lower center of gravity so he can absorb hits and maintain the puck control. Will get his nose dirty. He can be an agitator (but I am hoping he'll leave that out of his game until he earns a regular spot in the lineup).
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Thanks Hammy.

He will be a solid addition to the Gopher lineup then.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Like I said before, I thought they did well against Bye. It was like the other team didn't even show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X