Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

To me it seems like a cut your nose type overreaction because every line is going to have weak points, and I don't see the net results improving by messing with that line. and I say that as someone that would like to see Lettieri on the 2nd line, but would agree it probably makes less sense to tweak right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      To me it seems like a cut your nose type overreaction because every line is going to have weak points, and I don't see the net results improving by messing with that line. and I say that as someone that would like to see Lettieri on the 2nd line, but would agree it probably makes less sense to tweak right now.
      And that's a good point.

Just to clarify again and then I'll let this drop and save everyone.
      I didn't say I wanted to see it happen or that it should happen, I simply said I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that line broken up at some point in the next month or two. I also said I was sure some people would call me crazy, which just might turn out to be the most accurate prediction in that post

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        While I agree with most of what you have said, that bolded part is questionable. Puck possession doesn't guarantee wins, but if you own the puck more often than not and own a territorial advantage, it gives you a better chance to win. Hemming a team in and bottling them up pays dividends maybe not on each individual possession but certainly over the course of an entire game or series. I Think you'd be hard pressed to find many who disagree with that.
        As for football, I'm no expert...but I'd guess you would have a hard time finding a team who wouldn't take a significant edge in possession if it were offered to them before the game.

As for Boyd, I do think he has improved significantly over his previous 2 seasons at the U. But like I said originally, I was just kind of throwing his name out there.

Again, I wasn't suggesting it because I thought Kloos wasn't delivering offensively, rather I said his presence on the 3rd line would give MN even more scoring depth across their top 3 lines.

But, again, for about the 5th time...point taken that the line's limitations are trumped if they continue to produce like this.
        I think Hammy's post refered to the fact that what you really need a line to do is score more goals than the opposing line. Kloos is a +7. That is the most important variable in winning. Puck possession is nice, but it all comes down to who scores the most goals. Lucia has had a history of mixing lines up, so if the Gophs have a couple sub-par games in a row, yeah, I could see him mixing up the lines. But the 2nd line is doing well where it matters most.

And yeah, Cammi isn't going to be bouncing guys off the puck, but I sure liked the play on Friday where he hoofed it the length of the ice to catch a BC player from behind and picked his pocket. He is not purely a one-way player. He makes some great passes, although I can see him being told to shoot a little more (sort of like Haula a few years ago). A couple times he hasn't even looked at the net, just for someone to pass to.

Comment

And while I am far from an Isaacson fan, I do feel like people on here just get a guy each year and can't even acknowledge what he does well. (Remember Holl a couple years ago, now look at his play.) Isaacson does do better along the boards coming away with the puck than a lot of guys. He had the one play that resulted in a goal because of his forecheck. Not saying he has earned regular time, just that he isn't as bad as some say.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            And while I am far from an Isaacson fan, I do feel like people on here just get a guy each year and can't even acknowledge what he does well. (Remember Holl a couple years ago, now look at his play.) Isaacson does do better along the boards coming away with the puck than a lot of guys. He had the one play that resulted in a goal because of his forecheck. Not saying he has earned regular time, just that he isn't as bad as some say.
            My issue with Isackson is consistency. You just never know what you are going to get from him shift to shift. Some shifts he does some really great stuff, and others he totally misses the boat.

He certainly has the tools, and if he didn't he wouldn't be getting the opportunity of every other game that he has been getting this season. But if he wants to stick in the line-up he needs to start playing with more consistency.

Comment

Can you imagine if this team can get their PP clicking?!
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

With 34 first place votes the Gophers are now a unanimous No. 1 in the USA Today poll.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-to...ober-28,-2013/

Also now unanimous No. 1 in USCHO poll with 50 first place votes.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...ober-21,-2013/

Kind of hoping Notre Dame does well enough against Vermont to retain their No. 2 ranking so when we face them in South Bend it'll be No. 1 vs. No. 2.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Can you imagine if this team can get their PP clicking?!
                  No kidding. Scary
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    I don't know about all the analysis. Kind of seems like over thinking what is a pretty darn entertaining team to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do at Notre Dame in a couple of weeks.
                    Very much this. But then again, I am here to lurk more than anything, that and to be entertained. Carry on.
                    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      My issue with Isackson is consistency. You just never know what you are going to get from him shift to shift. Some shifts he does some really great stuff, and others he totally misses the boat.

He certainly has the tools, and if he didn't he wouldn't be getting the opportunity of every other game that he has been getting this season. But if he wants to stick in the line-up he needs to start playing with more consistency.
                      I said the same thing a couple pages ago. But I would also say that many people also said it about Skjei and Holl over the last couple years, but they are much more consistent this year because they were given the time to play. Not saying he should play all the time, but he isn't going to get more consistent by sitting all the time either.

Comment

He had plenty of playing time last year and played on the top line as well early on from what I remember. He didnt do squat.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          He had plenty of playing time last year and played on the top line as well early on from what I remember. He didnt do squat.
                          I agree, he didn't do a whole lot last year and that was while playing on a line with Rau and Bjugstad(at least to start the year). If he couldn't do it with those guys.....
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

My point is, if you show you have skills, but lack consistency, consistency typically improves with experience and maturity. If you lack the skills, more playing time isn't going to help much. He had games last year where he did quite well on the forecheck and occasionally makes the big move to set up a goal (like he did against BC) or even score one. My bigger question is whether his holding the puck too long at times is a sign of a person who is still adjusting to the speed of the game, or of someone who just doesn't have good hockey sense. Once again, the first one should improve with playing time, the second, not so much. I assume the coaches see something in his play to warrant the chances he gets. Its not like the others who are shuffling in and out are head and shoulders better than Isaackson, so I have no problem letting him get his chances.

Comment

North Dakota, Minnesota to renew historic rivalry

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=209295115
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                North Dakota, Minnesota to renew historic rivalry

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=209295115
                                Why are we doing these cupcakes any favors?
                                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Working...
                                X