Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    The B1G has a show called Big Ten Elite and it's airing the 1979 Gophers after the Minnesota-BC game Friday night.

http://btn.com/shows/big-ten-elite/

Any of you catch this? I thought it was really well done and a good watch.

Brooks had a pretty amazing couple of years there.

Loved that they interviewed so many of the players and you could see the emotion that some of them still had all these years later when their eyes would water up.

Good stuff and hope they do some more hockey ones.

Caught one on a Michigan football team a few weeks back and that was really good too.

Comment

The B1G has a show called Big Ten Elite and it's airing the 1979 Gophers after the Minnesota-BC game Friday night.

http://btn.com/shows/big-ten-elite/
      Wish they would release the DVD of this. I'd buy it. Just briefly checked their site, but only saw apparel for sale.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Any of you catch this? I thought it was really well done and a good watch.

Brooks had a pretty amazing couple of years there.

Loved that they interviewed so many of the players and you could see the emotion that some of them still had all these years later when their eyes would water up.

Good stuff and hope they do some more hockey ones.

Caught one on a Michigan football team a few weeks back and that was really good too.
        Was a great trip down memory lane.
        Broten talking about his goal was great, "It just happened." For you, maybe, Brots, but not for us mere mortals.

I had also forgotten how good a game Strobel had against UNH in the semi-finals, dam he's fast. I played against him in a coaches v. team media deal in the late 80s. I'm playing D, he gets the puck on his blue line and I'm on the red line. I blink just as he scores and I'm almost back to my blue line.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

That was a very cool show. The only complaint I have is that I had to keep adjusting the picture when Buetow came on.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            That was a very cool show. The only complaint I have is that I had to keep adjusting the picture when Buetow came on.
            He must have retired somewhere warm.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I watched it and thought it was great, hope they do more hockey related ones in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                He must have retired somewhere warm.
                Pretty sure (not 100% though) that he's been living in Colorado for a while and working with youth hockey players in that area.
                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Set up my dvr last night to record the 1979 show on the replay this morning. Really good show. I wasn't really old enough at the time to appreciate anything, but I love catching up on the history like that. (I neven see myself in the clip of last year's team at the beginning)

Comment

My only question has to do with the pohl's. With Ylae losing, do they only get 3 first place votes instead of 4?

Comment

Yeah... that thing about Kloos being moved off the second line. LOL.
                      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

I like Kloos, that kid can play.

The whole freshman group this year hasn't looked out of place at all.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

MN was caught in its zone and treating the puck like a hand grenade, Kloos' play in MN's end to get the puck out and two passes later Brodzinski's scores was fantastic. Tremendous poise and awareness and the highlight of the game for me.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Big test this upcoming weekend playing Bye.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Big test this upcoming weekend playing Bye.
                              I saw this on the schedule. It scares me. No one has scored on them in ages.
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                MN was caught in its zone and treating the puck like a hand grenade, Kloos' play in MN's end to get the puck out and two passes later Brodzinski's scores was fantastic. Tremendous poise and awareness and the highlight of the game for me.
                                I don't know. I liked his speed up the ice and then the toe drag around the defender to hit Condon in full stride quite a bit. (Better put him on the 4th line though.)

Congrats Jake on your first goal! Was glad to see that. Bum wrist and all. Sure Dad was happy. Hopefully we'll see many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X