Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Women's Hockey Posters Poll

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Guys I'm trying really hard not to over hype myself for this team and its potential trip down the street from me to Hamden. You are not helping.
    It's not me that's not helping... it's the FACTS.

Comment

As for the huge love for Clarkson -- they are the best team not to lose anyone to the Olympics, and if memory serves, were pretty damn good last year.
      One of the reasons I have them high as well. They did not lose anyone of significance while most other top ten teams lost one of more key players from last year.

Comment

Thoughts to be influenced by, or dismiss while contemplating your rankings.

http://thehockeywriters.com/ncaa-wom...ober-9th-2013/
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          What happened to the TTT of old....full of confidence, vim and vigor.!!!....He was Great!!!!.
          Oh he's still here. The problem is that I think we can/will win, and I am getting way too excited. And annoying those closest to me with how much I talk about it. Lol

By the way -- last call for rankings (DC AND ARM!!!!!), poll will post promptly at noon.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Oh he's still here. The problem is that I think we can/will win, and I am getting way too excited. And annoying those closest to me with how much I talk about it. Lol

By the way -- last call for rankings (DC AND ARM!!!!!), poll will post promptly at noon.
            I'm not playing this game! But thanks for waiting~
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Booooooo

Comment

1)Minny
                2)BC
                3)Clarkson
                4)Wisconsin
                5)North Dakota
                6)UMD
                7)Cornell
                8)Harvard
                9)BU
                10)Ohio State
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

you people have a lot to learn about ranking the teams

if you are going to rank MN second, then UND HAS to be ranked 7th, it's the way the system works to avoid an all WCHA final
                  so keep this in mind, all other conferences you cannot rate a team such that they will meet another team in their conference in the NCAA tournament EXCEPT for the WCHA which is REQUIRED to face another team in it's conference in the NCAA tourney.

and the third best WCHA team is required to be ranked 9th, it's just the way the system works

Comment

if you are going to rank MN second, then UND HAS to be ranked 7th, it's the way the system works to avoid an all WCHA final
                    so keep this in mind, all other conferences you cannot rate a team such that they will meet another team in their conference in the NCAA tournament EXCEPT for the WCHA which is REQUIRED to face another team in it's conference in the NCAA tourney.

and the third best WCHA team is required to be ranked 9th, it's just the way the system works

Comment

Cool. So give us a ranking to correct us.

Comment

Booooooo
                        Maybe next week. This week, I got nothing.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post

You forget the NCAA quarters are about saving money and not about rankings.....as long as WCHA teams are in 1-4 positions and in 5-8 positions, they will be paired.

Comment

Cool. So give us a ranking to correct us.
                            sure, for those that think Clarkson is number 1, yet feel guilty about denying UW & UMD a spot in the top 8

1)Clarkson
                            2)Minnesota
                            3)North Dakota
                            4)Boston College
                            5)Harvard
                            6)Wisconsin
                            7)UMD
                            8)Boston University

note how intra-conference match-ups are avoided for ECAC & Hockey East, while also ensuring there isn't an all-WCHA final

Comment

Yeah that's not a top 10 though... it's messing up my metrics!
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

USCHO Women's Hockey Posters Poll -- WEEK I

Here you go folks, the results of the very first ever USCHO Women's Hockey Poster Poll:

Notes:

-I didn't use pokechecker's rankings, it wasn't a top 10 and was throwing off my ranges. I did use OnMAA's, even though he only listed 9, because it didn't affect the ranges. Including or excluding either would not have had any affect on the rankings.

-Ties were acceptable which is why you see half points. If someone voted for a tie for 9th place, for example, I averaged 9th place and 10th place (2 points and 1 point) and awarded them each 1.5 points.

Votes Team (First Place Votes), Vote Range
                                1. 162 Minnesota (11), 1-4
                                2. 151 Clarkson (5), 1-4
                                3. 136 Boston College (1), 1-5
                                4. 117 North Dakota, 2-7
                                5. 93.5 Wisconsin, 2-8
                                6. 87.5 Cornell, 4-7
                                7. 66.5 Minnesota-Duluth, 3-NR
                                8. 48 Harvard, 6-NR
                                9. 35.5 Boston University, 5-NR
                                10.15.5 Ohio State, 6.5-NR

Also Receiving Votes:
                                9.5 Mercyhurst, 9-NR
                                6 Providence, 9-NR
                                4 Quinnipiac, 9-NR
                                1 Northeastern, 10-NR
                                1 Penn State, 10-NR, 1
                                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X