X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Women's Hockey Posters Poll

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
    just not feeling Harvard is proven
    Thanks for explanation. Was in that camp myself a few weeks ago, but the last two weekends suggests the RPI loss was a blip.

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
    I'm entitled to my opinion.
    Yes you are, that is what makes this thread so exciting. Was just wondering if it was an oversight, as pretty much most posters have the same set of teams in their top 9, and most have Harvard in the 5 or 6 slot.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 11-18-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Great week to do a poll update, with all these NC games.

Hockey East teams dropping like flies. They went 1-8-1 in weekend NC play, BU getting the only win over St-Cloud, but they then got hammered by Wisco. Providence manhandled twice by Clarkson and BC managing a only a tie in their two games vs Quinnipiac and Princeton. As a result, two leagues with a lot of top 10 candidates.

Despite the big win by No-Dak and Cornell tying Harvard, made no changes in the top 4, but things are getting much more interesting. The movement is BC and BU spiraling down while ECAC teams move up. Harvard, despite their surprise loss to RPI earlier this year, looks to be for real. Clarkson is getting back to winning impressively, similar to how they started the season. Quinnipiac looking good as well, and Princeton had a nice weekend.

Last week no one was really knocking at the door for the number ten spot. UMD has come knocking and with the rumours of Lacquette returning, they figure to get back in the picture. Not enough to challenge the top of the WCHA, but most likely a strong bubble candidate to make it into the tournament at years end, specially if HE keeps on struggling. Princeton might be another team to watch out for, they appear to be taking up the Ivy mantle left behind by Dartmouth. While they appear better than last year, not sold on them being a top 10 team just yet.

1 - Minnesota (1)....W, L (NoDak,4)....Still no 1 by a big margin.
      2 - Wisconsin (2)....W,W........Keeping them ahead of the Big Red for now, only losses are to No 1.
      3 - Cornell (3)........W,T..........While they have not lost yet, two ties for the year still puts them behind Wisco.
      4 - UND (4).........L,W........Despite the big win over UM, not enough to move past undefeated Cornell, with 3 in the loss column.
      5 - Harvard (7).......W,T.........Tie against Cornell, so with that they move past both BC and BU
      6 - Clarkson (8).....W,W.......Convincing wins over Providence, also moving past both BC and BU
      7 - Quinnipiac (9).....W,W.....Good weekend with Wins over BC and UNH.
      8 - BU (6).........W,L......Not a very convincing weekend by BU, Win over St-Cloud, hammered by Wisco, dropping two spots, BUT moving ahead of BC.
      9 - BC (5)..........L,T.....Struggling, losing to Quinny and mustering just a tie against Princeton, dropping from 5 to 9, BELOW BU.
      10 - UMD (NT).....W,W......Impressive weekend with a sweep in Columbus.

RMU is knocking at the door, but meager wins over Lindewood simply don't compare to the UMD sweep. MC continues to squander points, this time a tie vs Syracuse. Meanwhile Princeton and SLU from the ECAC are in the mix knocking at the door, while the HE contenders NEU, UNH and Providence all had poor weekends.

My order from 11-15 is RMU, SLU, Princeton, NEU.
      GREAT ANALYSIS. I think the gutsiest and most sage ranking is Clarkson ahead of QU. Even though their records don't support it, I feel that way too, but we'll find out this weekend when they face each other. In fact, this weekend is going to tell us a LOT about both teams (and Princeton, SLU).

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
        I think the gutsiest and most sage ranking is Clarkson ahead of QU. Even though their records don't support it, I feel that way too, but we'll find out this weekend when they face each other.
        BC and Clarkson are the two most difficult teams to rank because their performances to date don't live up to pre-season expectations. I'm left to wonder if they are just taking longer to get underway or if I've overvalued them all along.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
          GREAT ANALYSIS. I think the gutsiest and most sage ranking is Clarkson ahead of QU. Even though their records don't support it, I feel that way too, but we'll find out this weekend when they face each other. In fact, this weekend is going to tell us a LOT about both teams (and Princeton, SLU).
          another interesting week coming up
          in addition to the above: WI/UND,
          Wisconsin IMO has a slightly more consistent/disciplined defense than MN, and despite Leveille's performance to date I don't she can be said to be as good as Rigsby
          so if UND was only able to come up with 4 goals against MN for the weekend, it may very well be even less against the Badgers
          and the Badgers seem better able to put the puck in the net compared to last year
          it's not going to be any easier for UND this coming week, but I sure hope they split

Comment

Ding dong, the streak is dead.

1) Minnesota
            2) Wisconsin
            3) North Dakota
            4) Cornell
            5) Quinnipiac
            6) Harvard
            7) Boston University
            8) Clarkson
            9) Princeton
            10) Robert Morris
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Ding dong, the streak is dead.

1) Minnesota
              2) Wisconsin
              3) North Dakota
              4) Cornell
              5) Quinnipiac
              6) Harvard
              7) Boston University
              8) Clarkson
              9) Princeton
              10) Robert Morris
              I had to scan this list three times to make sure a certain school was indeed omitted.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I had to scan this list three times to make sure a certain school was indeed omitted.
                I think he's trying the reverse psychology thing. About the tenth time he posted that the Gophers would never lose they did, so now he thinks what he posts can impact cosmic forces.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I think he's trying the reverse psychology thing. About the tenth time he posted that the Gophers would never lose they did, so now he thinks what he posts can impact cosmic forces.
                  You gotta do what you gotta do!

Honestly though. BC will show up in my rankings again when they show up against a decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    I had a similar reaction.

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I think he's trying the reverse psychology thing. ..... He thinks what he posts can impact cosmic forces.
                    It will take more than TTT Cosmic forces to turn steer that ship in the right direction.

You gotta do what you gotta do!
                    Odd way to support the team.

BC will show up in my rankings again when they show up against a decent team.
                    They will have to do more than just show up.
                    Last edited by OnMAA; 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Odd way to support the team.
                      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6FUU5W0fmD...1600/weird.jpg

Comment

I'm going to be in NYC for the day so poll results will probably be posted in the morning, FYI. So get those votes in!
                        Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

1) Minnesota
                          2) Cornell
                          3) North Dakota
                          4) Wisconsin
                          5) Quinnipiac
                          6) Harvard
                          7) Boston College
                          8) Clarkson
                          9) Princeton
                          10) Syracuse

Comment

Harvard may not be number 1 in hockey, but they are the smartest:
                            http://news.yahoo.com/whats-the-capi...140610532.html

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              Harvard may not be number 1 in hockey, but they are the smartest:
                              http://news.yahoo.com/whats-the-capi...140610532.html
                              If you wanna have a real laugh watch the Rick Mercer thing on the USA. Canadian Comedy at it's best. Watch the closer by the little kid at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w
                              Last edited by OnMAA; 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

If you wanna have a real laugh watch the Rick Mercer thing on the USA. Canadian Comedy at it's best. Watch the closer by the little kid at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w
                                maybe I should put up a link where someone goes to a Canadian university and asks "who won the War of 1812?" nearly all the students thought Canada did, LOL, 55 years before Canada was even a country

Comment

Working...
                                X