RPI @ SHU (10/12) and BC (10/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ SHU (10/12) and BC (10/13)

I don't expect much talk here about the SHU game which is in Bridgeport, but the 'Tute better not look past them.

Interestingly, both games are in the afternoon, the first at 1 PM, the second at 3 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ SHU (10/12) and BC (10/13)

Will be a good test to see if we continue to play to the level of the competition as we have often enough.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Will be a good test to see if we continue to play to the level of the competition as we have often enough.
      I agreed with SA that we played sloopy in parts but I was worried about the D and liked what I saw from Hampton and Bokenfohr. Bokenfohr is a big guy who looks like he can move the puck.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        I agreed with SA that we played sloopy in parts but I was worried about the D and liked what I saw from Hampton and Bokenfohr. Bokenfohr is a big guy who looks like he can move the puck.
        Far too early in the season to see, but i am just looking for this group of defensemen to communicate well with each other and the goalie. No mistakes deep in our zone will go a long way. If you are going to make a mistake or a turnover, for darn sake do it 100 feet from your own goal. From what i saw last week, we looked OK. Now we will see if we can look better than OK.

Comment

Far too early in the season to see, but i am just looking for this group of defensemen to communicate well with each other and the goalie. No mistakes deep in our zone will go a long way. If you are going to make a mistake or a turnover, for darn sake do it 100 feet from your own goal. From what i saw last week, we looked OK. Now we will see if we can look better than OK.
          No doubt but you could see that the DCorps has some mobility. Bailen was the one man rush many times but I'm seeing that these guys can get the puck out of our zone. That's going to be important because a couple of years ago I thought we got pinned a lot in our own end. When that happens the forwards have to come back and it doesn't allow them to release for offensive rushes.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Hang on Sloopy!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Hang on Sloopy!
              Sloopy Hang on

Comment

No doubt but you could see that the DCorps has some mobility. Bailen was the one man rush many times but I'm seeing that these guys can get the puck out of our zone. That's going to be important because a couple of years ago I thought we got pinned a lot in our own end. When that happens the forwards have to come back and it doesn't allow them to release for offensive rushes.
                I am waiting to see what we do with odd man situations this year. Do we move the puck, do guys move to open areas, can we control the play long enough to get some real pressure on goal? Short handed-do we pressure the point, clear out in front of the net, give Kas a clear view, etc? The pieces seem to be on the board-it will take a few games to determine if they get moved correctly. I hope we are not predictable-that we can adapt to game situations between periods and during play. That is what it will take for us to be one of the top echelon teams. The Boston trips will give us an early measuring stick. These are very good teams that we will be banging with. I am very excited aobut our chances-but then again I have been evry october for the past 50 years.

Comment

I am very excited aobut our chances-but then again I have been evry october for the past 50 years.
                  Even 48 years ago?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hockey East Weekend Preview
                    RPI at BC at the end of the story
                    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...unh-icebreaker
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      Hockey East Weekend Preview
                      RPI at BC at the end of the story
                      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...unh-icebreaker
                      What a surprise... you picked BC! And you picked HE to finish 13-4 in non-conference games! I'd love to be able to place a bet against that. Venture west of I95 much?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                        What a surprise... you picked BC! And you picked HE to finish 13-4 in non-conference games! I'd love to be able to place a bet against that. Venture west of I95 much?
                        I actually do and if you read through some of my past articles I've been very positive towards the ECAC. I picked RPI to win ECAC in my preseason ballot.

I actually would have picked RPI if it was in troy or the game didn't fall right after the loss to Michigan. I just don't see BC losing twice.

Good luck. Love how passionate some fans are. It what makes sports so awesome even if they get defensive.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I actually do and if you read through some of my past articles I've been very positive towards the ECAC. I picked RPI to win ECAC in my preseason ballot.
                          That's because you couldn't pick a Hockey Least team to win the ECAC.

Seriously, the loss to Michigan could affect BC in one of two ways, either the way you assumed or they could stay in a funk and lose to RPI also. We'll see.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just don't see BC losing twice.
                            I can easily see it happening with this bunch. I'd have to see the lineup York puts out for this game before making a pick, but I understand you don't have that luxury.

This is a bridge game for BC to more Big Ten madness. Wisconsin and 2 with Minnesota. Uh oh. Entirely possible BC starts out 0-5 this season. I know some of the BC fanboys don't want to hear it but if they keep playing the bad players with better players on the bench this could happen.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-11-2013, 08:48 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Do we move the puck, do guys move to open areas,
                              Spacing and not passing the puck more on the power play has been a problem but I'm hoping now that our core guys are upperclassmen that this will not be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X