Minnesota hosts Lethbridge:10/5/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hosts Lethbridge:10/5/2013

What the hell, bored and I don't see a 2013-2014 season thread.

Who plays?
    What are the line combos?
    What is a Lethbridge?
    What Freshman bags his first goal (if any)? (yeah I know it doesn't count)

go

Edit: Lethbridge fans, feel free to tell us about your overage Canadien team.

From Gophersports.com http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...100213aaa.html

The University of Minnesota Golden Gopher men's hockey program kicks off the 2013-14 season on Saturday with an exhibition contest against Lethbridge at Mariucci Arena. Game time is set for 7 p.m. with the game being streamed live on Gopher All-Access on Gophersports.com. Tickets for the game are available at MyGophersports.com or by calling 612-624-8080.

Big Ten Bound

The 93rd season of Gopher Hockey brings a new era to the program as Minnesota will compete in the new Big Ten Conference for the 2013-14 season. Six conference teams are set for the first campaign in the Big Ten with Wisconsin (WCHA), Ohio State (CCHA), Michigan (CCHA), Michigan State (CCHA) and Penn State (Independent) joining the Gophers. Prior to the 2013-14 season, the Gophers were members of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and helped found the conference in 1951 (then called the Midwest Collegiate Hockey League).

Condon, Rau Named Captains

Senior forward Nate Condon and junior forward Kyle Rau will lead the 2013-14 Gophers as team captains. Minnesota's top two returning scorers from a year ago, Rau finished second overall on the team with 40 points (15 goals, 25 assists) while Condon posted 31 points (12 goals, 19 assists). A native of Wausau, Wis., Condon is just the third-ever native of Wisconsin to play for Minnesota and the first non-Minnesotan to be named captain since current Gophers assistant coach Grant Potulny (2002-04).
    Last edited by SanTropez; 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM.

Re: Minnesota hosts Lethbridge:10/5/2013

Win and win big Gophers, that is all.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

I said this on GPL, and I'll say it here:

Gophers 32901, Lethbridge 1 (ENG for Lethbridge)
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I said this on GPL, and I'll say it here:

Gophers 32901, Lethbridge 1 (ENG for Lethbridge)
        Figuring Lethbridge is probably better than all but one or two teams in UMinn's conference, this looks to be a good year for the Gophers.

Comment

Yeah it should be a good measuring stick.

Comment

Gophers won 5-1

lots of penalties, game misconducts etc... bring on the regular season.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              Gophers won 5-1

lots of penalties, game misconducts etc... bring on the regular season.
              A little chippy with the crazy Canucks tonight (total: 105 PIM). Total of 5 majors I think is a first for an opening exhibition game (C. Reilly and Marshall both got Majors). Goals by Fasching, Boyd, Brodzinski, Cammarata, and Ryan Reilly. I like Rau at center this season for more touches (5 SOG). Lots of combos to come, but the Condon/Kloos/Cammarata and Fasching/Rau/Ambroz lines could be two very productive lines. D pairings look solid: Skjei/Holl, M. Reilly/Brodzinski, Parenteau/Marshall, Bischoff/R. Reilly. And here we go Gophers....! Rah!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                D pairings look solid: Skjei/Holl, M. Reilly/Brodzinski, Parenteau/Marshall, Bischoff/R. Reilly. And here we go Gophers....! Rah!
                The roster lists Ryan Reilly as a forward.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  The roster lists Ryan Reilly as a forward.
                  The D pairings I listed were from the initial line chart on the GopherSports GT and they had R. Reilly on D. Nice catch...could be an error. F Line chart:

Fasching/Rau/Lettieri
                  Condon/Kloos/Cammarata
                  Serratore/Michealson/Ambroz
                  C. Reilly/Boyd/Isackson

One of the more physical opening exhibition games in recent memory. The crazy eyed Canucks went headhunting for Rau, so Marshall had to spear them. Report.

Comment

Working...
                  X