Nsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsa

Is it true there has been a coaching change at NSA and Bill Ward is not there anymore?

Re: Nsa

Yes, as of late last week

Comment

What happened? Great coach who has had a tough time recruiting due to the financial situation at NSA. Wonder if that had anything to do with it?
      Originally posted by playthegameonthepond View Post
      Yes, as of late last week

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
        What happened? Great coach who has had a tough time recruiting due to the financial situation at NSA. Wonder if that had anything to do with it?
        I hope this team can make it the year, for the players sake.

This is a JWHL team, how many other teams are in this position? I heard NAHA is on thin ice. How could this business model flourish this long, in this economy? Youth coaches making $30,000 +, really?

Parents, I don't think this league is a great investment. If you are considering the JWHL, ask the team if they are in good financial shape.

Let's hope that the kids don't get screwed over by adults!

Comment

Yeah,your fiscal fear-mongering is really going to help the situation especially when I highly doubt you have any idea what the financial situation is at NSA or NAHA.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
            Yeah,your fiscal fear-mongering is really going to help the situation especially when I highly doubt you have any idea what the financial situation is at NSA or NAHA.
            That's exactly what I thought after I read Call It's post. Way to support one of the best alternatives aspiring-college-players-not-from-Minnesota have to develop their game.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
              What is your point? I suggested that prospective parents/ players of JWHL teams ask the question of the team's financial health. Is that a bad idea? I offered my .02 about a U19 Girls coach making $30,000+ a year, does your .02 differ.

As far as my insight into this situation, last year NSA almost went under. (Remember the thread?) Rumor has it that other teams are barley alive financially. If teams fold during the season, kids get screwed. What am I missing?
              Last edited by Call It; 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Seems to be some real fear in Minnesota that is these fail we will see more influx into the Minnesota version of this type of school and some imbalance into the High School League. Even a rumor that some St.Louis Blues including the Olympian and her sister will be here already for this season. Right now there are two such schools on the boys side and one on the girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
                  Seems to be some real fear in Minnesota that is these fail we will see more influx into the Minnesota version of this type of school and some imbalance into the High School League. Even a rumor that some St.Louis Blues including the Olympian and her sister will be here already for this season. Right now there are two such schools on the boys side and one on the girls.
                  I'm pretty sure Shattuck won't care if the MN High School League balance is upset by their being better. As a private school with an onging aspiration to being the best girls (and boys) team in the country, it's kind of what they do.

Comment

Chance to help out for anyone who can. Now I know what to do with a couple new in the box printers I've had sitting around forever. Forever trying to get rid of them.

http://www.nationalsportsacademy.com/our-wish-list.html
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure Shattuck won't care if the MN High School League balance is upset by their being better. As a private school with an onging aspiration to being the best girls (and boys) team in the country, it's kind of what they do.
                      If it were SSM no one in MN would really care. Better is a relative term it all depends what your looking for your family. Not having to leave home at age 14, not needing to travel during the school year, playing with your grade school friends all the way through graduation, HS (prom, football games,....), still having a legit shot to continue your hockey beyond high school, getting to beat SSM on a HS Elite Team..., some of us believe that we are lucky to have what we have.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtop...52f81809b5d902

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
                        Her sister is big and slow and BAD!!!! If Ohio doesn't get the little one than the big one is bye bye! Someone had to say it

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                          Her sister is big and slow and BAD!!!! If Ohio doesn't get the little one than the big one is bye bye! Someone had to say it
                          Youve had a busy day...trying to sandbag the jwhl and accuse all the programs of being near ruin and then chirping a high school aged kid on her hockey ability. What would earth do without allstars like you?

Comment

No someone didn't have to say it. Besides, you are dead wrong. She is a legit D1 prospect. Natonal Camp kid from Central Dist (not easy to make); over 6 feet tall with size; great hands especially for a player of her size; great shot; plays tough; and good kid based on my D's interactions.

Comment

Yes Some programs pay their coaches $$$$. Why would it be any different? On the other side of the game, the boys game, some youth coaches are making $60,000+

I hope this team can make it the year, for the players sake.

This is a JWHL team, how many other teams are in this position? I heard NAHA is on thin ice. How could this business model flourish this long, in this economy? Youth coaches making $30,000 +, really?

Parents, I don't think this league is a great investment. If you are considering the JWHL, ask the team if they are in good financial shape.

Let's hope that the kids don't get screwed over by adults!

Comment

Working...
                              X