tUMD 2013-2014 Season Thread--beginning of another new era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD 2013-2014 Season Thread--beginning of another new era

New season? Perhaps. New conference? Maybe, but that's still not it.

What baffled me is that I noticed the UMD Penalty Box website is now decommissioned. Not sure how long it's been down, but after looking around on the UMD website, apparently it has been handed off to current students and lacks a message board as the old site did. Sounds like it's back to the old days of trolling USCHO.

Also, I noticed there is no schedule for UMD on B2TV. Is that not happening this year?
    I wanna go fast!

Re: tUMD 2013-2014 Season Thread--beginning of another new era

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
    New season? Perhaps. New conference? Maybe, but that's still not it.

What baffled me is that I noticed the UMD Penalty Box website is now decommissioned. Not sure how long it's been down, but after looking around on the UMD website, apparently it has been handed off to current students and lacks a message board as the old site did. Sounds like it's back to the old days of trolling USCHO.

Also, I noticed there is no schedule for UMD on B2TV. Is that not happening this year?
    UMDPenaltyBo***** has been done since June. Basically DHG decided to stop putting money into it, only had a dozen frequent posters, and he has kids now and is busy with them There were only a dozen frequent posters. I will miss it, it was a great resource with great insights into recruiting and inside program information.

As for the Student Section...a few students decided to make it an official group. While they will officially lose some chants they have done in the past, they now will have an official voice in the school. Plus they will get money from the school and can organize road trips and events for hockey fans. I think it will be a great thing that will help revitalize the student section. Hopefully I'll see a bunch them at the Ralph this year

As for B2TV...I am guessing that UMD will have some sort of an announcement about that in the future. They are streaming football and soccer games for free and wonder what they will be doing for hockey.

Lastly, look for the new home jersey to be released this week (probably Friday) and the UMD twitter account will be showing sneak preview pictures each day this week (like what the Wild (and Sabres) did).

Great to see a UMD thread! I thought about starting one but I was worried that not enough of us would post. Prove me wrong!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      UMDPenaltyBo***** has been done since June. Basically DHG decided to stop putting money into it, only had a dozen frequent posters, and he has kids now and is busy with them There were only a dozen frequent posters. I will miss it, it was a great resource with great insights into recruiting and inside program information.

As for the Student Section...a few students decided to make it an official group. While they will officially lose some chants they have done in the past, they now will have an official voice in the school. Plus they will get money from the school and can organize road trips and events for hockey fans. I think it will be a great thing that will help revitalize the student section. Hopefully I'll see a bunch them at the Ralph this year

As for B2TV...I am guessing that UMD will have some sort of an announcement about that in the future. They are streaming football and soccer games for free and wonder what they will be doing for hockey.

Lastly, look for the new home jersey to be released this week (probably Friday) and the UMD twitter account will be showing sneak preview pictures each day this week (like what the Wild (and Sabres) did).

Great to see a UMD thread! I thought about starting one but I was worried that not enough of us would post. Prove me wrong!

You are wrong. There are tens of us! TENS!

Comment

Make that eleven.
        I've been away for several years, but can still recall as a kid getting to the old Curling Club early in order to get picked to push a plow between periods. Cold as h*ll sitting on those wood bleachers, watching Huffer Christiansen fly around that indoor natural ice. In later years, enjoyed the warmth of the Arena-Auditorium watching the likes of Jerome Mrasek, Glenn Resch, Rick Heinz, Walt Ledingham, PeeWee Pat Boutett, Lessard, Ron Buznick, Dave Langevin, Tom Kurvers, and Curt Giles.

Comment

I guess I can play here.

B2 will be back this year for home games and some random away games too. The last few years the schedule hasn't been posted until the week the season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
            You are wrong. There are tens of us! TENS!
            MIKE!

Great to see there are more people than what it felt like.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I figured with tPB down, USCHO must be the new home of all the off season banter. Seems there are usually a number of guys with lots of insight on the incoming recruits.

Now that they won a championship, I think a lot of fans retired

Anyone making the trip to CC next month by chance?
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                I figured with tPB down, USCHO must be the new home of all the off season banter. Seems there are usually a number of guys with lots of insight on the incoming recruits.

Now that they won a championship, I think a lot of fans retired

Anyone making the trip to CC next month by chance?
                I think a lot of people don't post on these kinds of forums anymore. People are scattered on Twitter with the people they know. Which everyone should follow me on there...

It is a gameday! Although it is only an exhibition there is some drama. We don't want to be some of the schools that have lost their exhibition (RIT, UMAA, DU).

Reading up on this years team I realized how young our defensemen all are. That worries me. That will be this teams greatest weakness.

On the other hand I haven't been this excited for a freshmen in Dominic Toninato since JT Brown...kid is gonna light the lamp.

Any other thoughts?
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

I am pumped for tonight! It has been way too long...way too long. GO DOGS!

Comment

It is GAMEDAY! I am very pumped for tonight. I'm leaving straight from work for Duluth.

If you get some free time check out this:

http://history.vintagemnhockey.com/page/show/993378

A comprehensive history of UMD's uniforms. It is very well done with primary sources and yearbook imagery from the UMD Archives. The folks at VHM put a lot of work into this and I am happy that we get to enjoy their fruits of their work.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

If you get some free time check out this:

http://history.vintagemnhockey.com/page/show/993378

A comprehensive history of UMD's uniforms. It is very well done with primary sources and yearbook imagery from the UMD Archives. The folks at VHM put a lot of work into this and I am happy that we get to enjoy their fruits of their work.
                      That is awesome. I had been hearing he was working on something like that. Cool to see the progression to this season's new unis.

This has felt like one of the longest offseasons ever. Glad to finally have it over with tonight.

Comment

I was fairly happy with last nights' game. Some of the younger guys look to have some wheels and tenacity. We did a great job holding the O zone and battling for loose pucks. McNeely looks solid, playing strong and confident.

The power play is too much left-right-left-shot from the point. I have always wondered if Sandy sucks at teaching PP, or if the kids just get stuck in a groove of what. Other than a few naturally awesome, random PP lines, it has always been lacking. (And the Captain gets a PP goal as I type this)

Hope it is a fun year and the NCHC goes will.
                        UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Last night was a dominant effort by tUMD from start to finish. Tonight we lacked creativity and flow on offense. The PP was diseased all weekend giving up way more chances than we had on them. Hard to be too disappointed with a 1-0-1 start though. Glad McNeely was given the start again tonight. If this team is going anywhere this year he has to be the guy.

Pretty bizarre they even bothered with the shootout tonight since it was completely pointless as a non-conference game. Guess it was ok practice for the NCHC.

Comment

Man UMD's timing was off all weekend. I'm hopeful that will be something that will come with games and practice time.

Was very impressed with McNeely and unhappy with the pp. Sandy always has teams with great power plays (no matter how mediocre the product). Let's hope it just needs more work.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

After 2 games it's also very apparent that Osterberg is going to become a fan favorite at Amsoil. Kid plays hard every shift. Hopefully the kids can find some offense next weekend at CC. Winnable games on the road to start the new conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X