Frozen Fenway 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Fenway 2014

I thought I would start a thread on Frozen Fenway 2014. On Saturday 1/11/14 UMASS is playing Northern University at 4:00 and Maine vs Boston University at 6:30 would no games being played on Friday 1/10/14 at Frozen Fenway. What would be the possibility of Norwich again playing at Frozen Fenway since they already have a game scheduled with UMASS Boston on that Friday 1/10/14. If that is not possible, maybe there could be a rematch of the 2012 Frozen Fenway when Norwich played Babson. If this were the case then maybe Norwich could switch the game with St. Michael's College who plays Babson on the Friday night. I know 2012 Frozen Fenway was a huge hit with all the Norwich fans who traveled down to Fenway. If only we could do this again ---- GO CADETS!!!

Re: Frozen Fenway 2014

Originally posted by NU 10 View Post
    I thought I would start a thread on Frozen Fenway 2014. On Saturday 1/11/14 UMASS is playing Northern University at 4:00 and Maine vs Boston University at 6:30 would no games being played on Friday 1/10/14 at Frozen Fenway. What would be the possibility of Norwich again playing at Frozen Fenway since they already have a game scheduled with UMASS Boston on that Friday 1/10/14. If that is not possible, maybe there could be a rematch of the 2012 Frozen Fenway when Norwich played Babson. If this were the case then maybe Norwich could switch the game with St. Michael's College who plays Babson on the Friday night. I know 2012 Frozen Fenway was a huge hit with all the Norwich fans who traveled down to Fenway. If only we could do this again ---- GO CADETS!!!
    Salem State and UMass Boston will be the DIII schools in Jan. 2014.

Also, announced here in May.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'm wounded!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I'm wounded, too....the Trinity/Wesleyan game has been left off the wikipedia list of outdoor hockey games. Who wants to rectify that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_hockey_games

Comment

Originally posted by nescachockey View Post
          I'm wounded, too....the Trinity/Wesleyan game has been left off the wikipedia list of outdoor hockey games. Who wants to rectify that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_hockey_games
          we played most of our games outside in high school,and hey Romney might as well have been a outdoor rink as well, go figure

Comment

There are enough vacant parking lots (or the state fairgrounds) in Syracuse along with enough D1, D3 and HS hockey teams in a 3-4 hour radius to make this work in upstate NY....isn't there?
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              There are enough vacant parking lots (or the state fairgrounds) in Syracuse along with enough D1, D3 and HS hockey teams in a 3-4 hour radius to make this work in upstate NY....isn't there?
              They did an outdoor game at the NYS Fairgrounds a few years back and it was too bad Oswego couldn't jump onto the opportunity when that happened.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                we played most of our games outside in high school,and hey Romney might as well have been a outdoor rink as well, go figure
                Hell, Hobart has played most of their home games outdoors for years and years now.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  If they ever do an outdoor game in Syracuse again, I can't see why they wouldn't try to arrange something like a Cornell/Colgate, Oswego/Cortland and a HS game. Play those on a Saturday with the Crunch/Amerks on Sunday. You could sell a 2-day package or just one day or the other. That would be cool IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                    If they ever do an outdoor game in Syracuse again, I can't see why they wouldn't try to arrange something like a Cornell/Colgate, Oswego/Cortland and a HS game. Play those on a Saturday with the Crunch/Amerks on Sunday. You could sell a 2-day package or just one day or the other. That would be cool IMO.
                    Oswego/Plattsburgh outdoors. I know its not quite as local but playing the Birds outdoors would be epic.

Oswego/Utica would be a better "local" matchup.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Oswego/Plattsburgh outdoors. I know its not quite as local but playing the Birds outdoors would be epic.

Oswego/Utica would be a better "local" matchup.
                      I know if it Cortland put a rink on their football field it sure would be warmer at their games
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Hey Prez is there any thought of the Cadets maybe playing at Frozen Fenway 2014 or is it me wishfull thinking.

Comment

Done Deal!

From Official Release ...

BOSTON – The Norwich University men’s ice hockey team will be returning to Fenway Park for the second time in three years as the Cadets will take on Babson College outdoors on Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:30 p.m., as a part of Citi Frozen Fenway 2014.

Norwich and Babson met previously at Fenway Park on Jan. 13, 2012 with the Cadets scoring a 4-1 win over the Beavers in front of over 7,250 fans, which was the largest crowd to ever witness a NU men’s hockey game. It was also the first-ever Division III men’s hockey game played at the iconic home field of the Boston Red Sox.

Current senior Shane Gorman (Trumbull, Conn.) scored a pair of goals, while current senior Parker Carroll (West Chester, Pa.) stopped 18 shots to lead Norwich to the victory.

Prior to that game, Norwich University last made an appearance at Fenway Park on Oct. 31, 1914 when the football team lost to Boston College 28-6.

Citi Frozen Fenway 2014 is the third installment of a two-week long outdoor hockey festival featuring numerous hockey games at a variety of different levels. The headline matchups include eight Division I Hockey East schools with two games each on Jan. 4 and 11. Merrimack and Providence will meet on Jan. 4 with Notre Dame taking on Boston College in the nightcap on the first Saturday. The following Saturday will feature UMass-Lowell playing Northeastern University and the Univ. of Maine taking on Boston University in the later matchup.

Norwich and Babson won’t be the only NCAA Division III game this year however, as Salem State will take on UMass-Boston on Tuesday, Jan. 7.

Tickets for the remaining college and high school hockey games will be available starting in November.

Comment

Originally posted by NU 10 View Post
                            Hey Prez is there any thought of the Cadets maybe playing at Frozen Fenway 2014 or is it me wishfull thinking.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

:d:d:d yaba daba due :d:d:d i love it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X