This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

The kneeing hit was clearly a penalty, and there was absolutely no "attempted avoidance" to try to draw it. Was it worth 5 and game? No, given that the player was clearly milking it and didn't miss a single shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I agree that it is dangerous, but IMHO Spink was a large part of the cause of the incident.
      Wasn't Spink carrying the puck, if so how could he be part of it ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        The acting job he learned from his travel partners, possibly while on that road trip?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Well, if he was "carrying" it, then ...

Yes, he did have possession of the puck, but that doesn't preclude his movements being at least part of the cause of being hit by a knee, assuming that he actually was.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, if he was "carrying" it, then ...

Yes, he did have possession of the puck, but that doesn't preclude his movements being at least part of the cause of being hit by a knee, assuming that he actually was.
            It definitely was a knee hit, and his movements were the movements of any skater, or at least with patterns better than that of Rambo. And yes, AspyDad, I'll take any further jokes to the Alumni thread.

Comment

C'mon Ralph.......seriously. Isn't that like saying every skater contributes to their own injuries based on their movements?
              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM.
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                C'mon Ralph.......seriously. Isn't that like saying every skater contributes to their own injuries based on their movements?
                One could say that (especially on a pond ), but that was not what I meant. He quite definitely altered his path.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think that this audio interview with Matt Tinordi after the first Harvard game was posted here before http://static.psbin.com/i/f/kjah7vwd...tt_Tinordi.MP3.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was taking a look at the stats this morning, because I believe what really helped us last year was the fact that it wasn't just one line doing all the work. All four lines were contributing both on and off the score sheet. So, with Haggs having 13 goals, that started to worry me. I went to the stats, and a pleasant surprise came. Trivia time: Who are the only three forwards on the team without a goal? I'm sure you could guess two.

I'm really starting to like the nine line. Nothing against the NHL line, which we still see on the power play, but it's definitely clicking. And as we saw vs. Dartmouth, if you put your best against the nine line, the top line will come in to pounce on you. And heaven forbid you overlook the third line with McGowan and JL. Look out for that checking line, too, as Wood can really position well along with the big hits.

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1515505

If you're Kenner......it's not fun........
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Oh FFS, Baker doing the Union game... that'll mean a bunch of fighting majors on RPI and nothing on #26.

Comment

a piece on Haggs from United States of Hockey.....http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2013...t-nlis-signed/
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Oh FFS, Baker doing the Union game... that'll mean a bunch of fighting majors on RPI and nothing on #26.
                            #26 won't get another kneeing major penalty?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Very quiet on here for an RPI/Union weekend. IMO goaltending will be the difference in these games. I was able to see Union a few times before the ECAC league games started. They have alot of speed up front and with Gothisbere on D. Seems like they might struggle a little with bigger physical teams that possess a fair amount of speed. What looked like a Kasdorf/Grosenick matchup in the spring has taken a whole different direction. These will be the highest pressure games that either of these goalies have played in and I expect their perfromances will have a high impact on the results. I'm guessing that taking 3 - 5 minute majors will not help the cause! Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                Very quiet on here for an RPI/Union weekend. IMO goaltending will be the difference in these games.
                                Goaltending may be the difference in this game, or the Engineer's ability to play with a lead may be a factor. This probably the best team SA has had, but he needs to finish the game. The team has great speed! If the pass isn't open dump the puck and go hammer that dman. Size on the wings is great but speed can be better.
                                Loosin the puck in the neutral zone or a weak pass or on a breakaway is a lot worse than having to forecheck.
                                I have seen too many bad passes late in the game from the cherry & white.

PS make sure your investmentments & 401k's aren't held by the guy who sold them to ya OMG Yikes poor JJ

Comment

Working...
                                X