X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Well put indictment of Paul Stewart. The bias that I have talked about exists.
    As you probably know, I only call out the refs if I believe they deserved it. Tonight, they deserved that playing of "Forget You". Colgate must have learned from their travel partners how to be a bunch of dirty rotten scum on the ice. At least with the 130-foot goal tonight, what goes around comes around.

Comment

With tonight's win, RPI is now 19th in RatingsPI and PWR. A lot of the team's drop [from 11th prior to quality wins bonus] can be attributed to the fact that they haven't beat any quality opponents. The only quality opponent they've had this year thus far is Boston College, and they were subsequently blown out of that game.

Comment

• back to the Cornell game for a moment. Surprised no one seems to have picked up on the non-regulation uniforms two Cornell players (De Swardt and one other one) wore for the first two periods at HFH Friday night. No numbers on their sleeves or on front. Should have been a bench minor on the Big Red. Schaefer had them come out with regulation sweaters for the 3rd, but we still had a free PP out there for the taking for two periods.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
          back to the Cornell game for a moment. Surprised no one seems to have picked up on the non-regulation uniforms two Cornell players (De Swardt and one other one) wore for the first two periods at HFH Friday night. No numbers on their sleeves or on front. Should have been a bench minor on the Big Red. Schaefer had them come out with regulation sweaters for the 3rd, but we still had a free PP out there for the taking for two periods.
          I mentioned it on the RPI-TV chat.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            As you probably know, I only call out the refs if I believe they deserved it. Tonight, they deserved that playing of "Forget You". Colgate must have learned from their travel partners how to be a bunch of dirty rotten scum on the ice. At least with the 130-foot goal tonight, what goes around comes around.
            Now that certainly IS "Drivel". WTH are you talking about ???
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Now that certainly IS "Drivel". WTH are you talking about ???
              Don't mind him, he tends to "drivel" often.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Sometimes on the Colgate site also !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  If I was being kind, I would have called the 3 major penalties borderline(at best). The Curadi hit was not up against the boards and not even close to the boards. The simple fact was a case of newton's Third Law. A really big boy hit a much smaller boy who was turned sideways but at the last second turned his back a bit more. Was it a hit from behind? Yes and probably a 2 minute penalty. But the smaller guy went flying as if shot out of a cannon and slid towards the boards. No injury/ no intent/ that was it. If the officials were THAT sure of the call-Luke would have been tossed along with the 5 minutes.
                  The other calls-Schroeder's hit looked clean to me and coach SA said as much in his interview. Unfortunately the officiating crews vary-some good some not so good. And this was a case that the not so good had a bad night. Thankfully calling us for 3 questionable majors, 41 minutes of penalties, while at the same time the opposition was whistled for 6 minutes(2 of which came at the very end as perhaps a make up call) did not affect the outcome. As SA indicated-we are were the second least penalized team in the nation-less than 8 minutes per game called in CLOSE hard fought games. Even the night before against Cornell, we were called for more penalties than they were and they are one of the highest penalized teams in the nations. Just a bit difficult to explain.
                  One of the very sad things is that history has taught us some officials make calls by reputation-and last night may have tarnished our reputation as a clean team that plays hard without taking penalties. We shall see next weekend in what promises to be a very physical two games. Just my 2ยข
                  There may be some good ref crews, but I am not convinced there are any in the ECAC. As I mentioned in tLodge thread, I would have traded these two for a trained seal. I do think that the linesmen were pretty good on offside calls.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    $12 except for premium games, Cornell, Union, Brown (Big Red Freakout), and Clarkson (Senior night) which are $15. Prices are $9 for children and seniors, and $11 for children and seniors for premium games. RPI students $5.
                    Thanks! See you all December 6th
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

back to the Cornell game for a moment. Surprised no one seems to have picked up on the non-regulation uniforms two Cornell players (De Swardt and one other one) wore for the first two periods at HFH Friday night. No numbers on their sleeves or on front. Should have been a bench minor on the Big Red. Schaefer had them come out with regulation sweaters for the 3rd, but we still had a free PP out there for the taking for two periods.
                      I noticed them as well but just figured they forgot the game jerseys at home or had gotten blood on them or something. Doubtful the refs would have enforced that penalty...but then again maybe they would after last nights performance.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        I noticed them as well but just figured they forgot the game jerseys at home or had gotten blood on them or something. Doubtful the refs would have enforced that penalty...but then again maybe they would after last nights performance.
                        I'm sure Fat Mike came up with a "valid" excuse to give the refs regarding the non-regulation jerseys.

Comment

I mentioned at least twice to various people at the Cornell game that they might be illegal, but I wasn't sure if that rule was still on the books. Then again, the numbers that we had on the Black Tuesday jerseys should also be illegal. Seeing at least a half dozen people in the stands wearing those jerseys, they don't look quite as ridiculous up close as they did when pictures were originally posted.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            If I was being kind, I would have called the 3 major penalties borderline(at best). The Curadi hit was not up against the boards and not even close to the boards. The simple fact was a case of newton's Third Law. A really big boy hit a much smaller boy who was turned sideways but at the last second turned his back a bit more. Was it a hit from behind? Yes and probably a 2 minute penalty. But the smaller guy went flying as if shot out of a cannon and slid towards the boards. No injury/ no intent/ that was it. If the officials were THAT sure of the call-Luke would have been tossed along with the 5 minutes.
                            The other calls-Schroeder's hit looked clean to me and coach SA said as much in his interview. Unfortunately the officiating crews vary-some good some not so good. And this was a case that the not so good had a bad night. Thankfully calling us for 3 questionable majors, 41 minutes of penalties, while at the same time the opposition was whistled for 6 minutes(2 of which came at the very end as perhaps a make up call) did not affect the outcome. As SA indicated-we are were the second least penalized team in the nation-less than 8 minutes per game called in CLOSE hard fought games. Even the night before against Cornell, we were called for more penalties than they were and they are one of the highest penalized teams in the nations. Just a bit difficult to explain.
                            One of the very sad things is that history has taught us some officials make calls by reputation-and last night may have tarnished our reputation as a clean team that plays hard without taking penalties. We shall see next weekend in what promises to be a very physical two games. Just my 2ยข
                            I may be wrong but wasn't Luke's 5 min. penalty against #16 Derek Freeman 6'1" 200lbs.?
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              I may be wrong but wasn't Luke's 5 min. penalty against #16 Derek Freeman 6'1" 200lbs.?
                              I believe it was against one of the Spink brothers. Or that might have been the kneeing major....

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                I believe it was against one of the Spink brothers. Or that might have been the kneeing major....
                                I thought that was Millers'.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X