X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I read what you did. If a broken bone or large fragments were found-and they would have on the first exam-I would wonder why there was any discussion of rehab? I do not know how rehabilitation dissoves fragments or repairs a bone.
    Doc, I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I came to the same conclusion that you did. If there was a broken bone and/or bone fragments, why didn't they operate immediately?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

JMO. I hate 4 PM games. The crowds are smaller and there just isn't a lot of enthusiasm during the game. It doesn't really matter as much for the team USA game, but why are they doing it for the Princeton game? Maybe DrD is coming and he wants to get home early...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        JMO. I hate 4 PM games. The crowds are smaller and there just isn't a lot of enthusiasm during the game. It doesn't really matter as much for the team USA game, but why are they doing it for the Princeton game? Maybe DrD is coming and he wants to get home early...
        Probably to service those gosh darn ivy leaguers...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          I would have preferred they change the game down here at Princeton to earlier. That way the rink is less crowded with the home fans and it allows us to go out and celbrate after much more easily. If i were a coach I would prefer that the friday game be earlier rather than the saturday game-every extra hour of rest can help. No question in my mind however, that changing to an earlier time should favor the home team as they can adapt theri schedule a tad more easily as to hours for lpractice, eating, warm up etc.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Doc, I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I came to the same conclusion that you did. If there was a broken bone and/or bone fragments, why didn't they operate immediately?
            injuries, diagnosis', prognosis' will always be discussed on these boards with different takes but one thing will probably always remain constant......WE'LL probably never know.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              injuries, diagnosis', prognosis' will always be discussed on these boards with different takes but one thing will probably always remain constant......WE'LL probably never know.
              Turk-EHF made a very good point. Chips of bone in a joint are not necessarily anything-and only present a problem if they limit motion or cause pain. These, if they are there, could have been there for years. A broken bone in the shoulder? Not sure waht is meant here. Is it recent or old? What bone and broken where? Again could be nothing more than an incidental finding. Besides, unless the bone is displaced, you don't operate-you fixate, bandage or wrap or cast. I suspect this is mostly the dislocation problem and i think we are talking about a long term problem that was there well before coming to Troy. If the shoulder capsule is getting looser with time and activity-then surgery can be indicated. As I mentioned in a couple of different posts-I am just not experienced enough with shoulders in goalies-I cannot even venture a guess as to how important shoulder movement, range of motion, or agility is for that joint in a goalie. I would surmise that the knees and hips are crucial. I hope this all goes super well for Kas-being selfish I would love him back in Troy but he wil have to make whatever choice is best for his career.

Comment

See posters around Section 18 before tonight's game!
                Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                  See posters around Section 18 before tonight's game!
                  I ain't showin' up. Guess I'm holding the fort with DrD.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I ain't showin' up. Guess I'm holding the fort with DrD.
                    It may be a very quiet thread-unless some Cornell folks join in. i am not so sure i will be able to be here for the entire game and even if I am, may not be posting. This is one of those nights that I am dealing with some medical consultations at the 4 local hospitals. Normally i don't mind-but missing a RPI TV broadcast of RPI hockey is a bit to ask of me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      It may be a very quiet thread-unless some Cornell folks join in. i am not so sure i will be able to be here for the entire game and even if I am, may not be posting. This is one of those nights that I am dealing with some medical consultations at the 4 local hospitals. Normally i don't mind-but missing a RPI TV broadcast of RPI hockey is a bit to ask of me.
                      I'll be watching and on the thread but still at work, so not too much posting for me.

Comment

Someone else should start the Colgate score thread (after midnight of course ).
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Haggs is still at the top, but now has competition from Cody Wydo of Robert Morris, who got a hat trick last night and is up to 10. Haggs is at 11. Riley Barber is at 9.

Comment

What the hey happened in the last two minutes last night ?? Just askin.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Haggerty came off the bench and charged a guy at the same time as Cornell scored with the extra attacker, giving them both a goal and a power play with under 2 minutes left. They then pulled the goalie for a 6-on-4 and scored with 30 seconds left to tie it.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                They saw that Ralph was in the stands and lost their minds.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X