This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Ryan Haggerty is currently second in the nation in Goals per Game at 1.6 (trailing only Criscuolo of Harvard who has played one game and had 2 goals), and is tied for leading number of goals in the country with Riley Barber of Miami with 8.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      After giving it some thought, I believe that the team played a very good third period last night. At first I thought that they should have spent more time in the offensive zone, but they seemed to be content to just shoot the puck in and wait for UNH to come to them. This can be a very foolish move, as the opposing team is given far more chances to score then would be the norm.
      However, RPI broke up a lot of the rushes in the neutral zone and gave up very little when UNH got set up in our defensive zone. Diebold only had to make a couple of tough saves and one very difficult one near the end of the period. But as I have always said, the goalie is part of the team, and every once in a while he has to bail out the guys in front of him.
      I don't think that it was a perfect period, but we found out that they could shut down a very good team in the third period when playing with a lead.
      These guys are fun to watch.
      Last night was a quality win against a nationally ranked team whom had their backs to the wall all night and as suspected fought hard to dig their way out. My opinion is that we had a few lapses during the game but for the most part we played our game and came out w/a solid W. We did sit on the lead in the 3rd. and went into a trap but like it or not that is the way Hockey is played now especially in the ECACHL. That might have been the most encouraging thing about last night is that we came out and jumped all over a very good hockey team and then was able to play the hand out. That is good news indeed !!!!!!
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Last year at this time I was bemoaning losing third period leads-Minnesota Stat comes to mind(twice). Last night we played a very decent third period and if we were just trying to hold the lead, we accomplished just that. Progress? For sure. Now we find out rather quickly how we match up with the ECAC. One home and 2 road games in a period of 5 days. By late Saturday evening we should know what we have and if there are any glaring weaknesse, what we still have to do. Go Red!! Could we actually be ranked in the top 10 tomorrow??
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Ryan Haggerty is currently second in the nation in Goals per Game at 1.6 (trailing only Criscuolo of Harvard who has played one game and had 2 goals), and is tied for leading number of goals in the country with Riley Barber of Miami with 8.
          And of course had one called back last night. I know JL was in the crease, but will wait to see the replay on RPI TV anyway.

Comment

from the troy record on Haggs...... http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...n-a-hot-streak
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              from the troy record on Haggs...... http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...n-a-hot-streak
              No doubt the goal scoring pace he is on will slow down-although I hope not all that much-but it will serve us far better as the season goes on as others step up and and do the bulk of the scoring instead. Unlike many of the recent seasons, it seems we have some guys finishing right now. Let's have a bunch of 15+ goal scorers and a handful of 20+ and the opposition will have no idea of what hit them and where it is coming from. BTW Turk-I cannot remember an RPI player ever starting a season with 8 goals and having ZERO assists. Perhaps someone can enlighten me if that has ever happened before for us.

Comment

Despite the outcome, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the HFH - a great "old" barn.

"UNH Digs Early Season Hole - Loses to RPI"
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  Despite the outcome, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the HFH - a great "old" barn.

"UNH Digs Early Season Hole - Loses to RPI"
                  Thanks for the comments and the game report.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Goofers ripped BC a new one. Our chances may not be looking good if we happen to play them in the Mariucci Classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      No doubt the goal scoring pace he is on will slow down-although I hope not all that much-but it will serve us far better as the season goes on as others step up and and do the bulk of the scoring instead. Unlike many of the recent seasons, it seems we have some guys finishing right now. Let's have a bunch of 15+ goal scorers and a handful of 20+ and the opposition will have no idea of what hit them and where it is coming from. BTW Turk-I cannot remember an RPI player ever starting a season with 8 goals and having ZERO assists. Perhaps someone can enlighten me if that has ever happened before for us.
                      Only one that I could possibly think of is Brad Tapper. I remember him having a lot of goals and few assists early in the season that he had 31 goals. But that's a good question.

Comment

The Goofers ripped BC a new one. Our chances may not be looking good if we happen to play them in the Mariucci Classic.
                        I guarantee the coaches and team would take a game against Minnesota over one against Colgate any day of the week and twice on Sunday, regardless of what the likely outcome of such a matchup might be.
                        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          I guarantee the coaches and team would take a game against Minnesota over one against Colgate any day of the week and twice on Sunday, regardless of what the likely outcome of such a matchup might be.
                          That wasn't the point.

Comment

LOL...We DO play Minny !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              LOL...We DO play Minny !
                              So? We know that.

You'd probably prefer playing Ferris over a third game vs. RPI, and I wouldn't blame you.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That wasn't the point.
                                No, your point (apparently) was that because we lost to BC and BC lost to MN that we should just pack it in now, put the sticks away, lay off the coaching staff and not bother getting out of bed in the morning. We'll file this one in your "Greatest Hits" folder, under "Too Many Captains."

Meanwhile, the rest of us here understand that BC is of course capable of beating MN, as are we.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X