X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Well I'm glad we are at #12 but I've gotta say.. how in the world does Harvard get 11 points in the poll while Dartmouth gets 1? I can't believe there are 11 idiots who picked Harvard at #20 so I've go to think there is one homer who picked them near #10 and maybe one or two mentally challenged voters. I wish there was a way to bet on this stuff because if there are two things I've learned over the past few years they are that Freshman rarely make a difference and that Ted Donato's teams always seem to underperform.
    Preseason polls are one thing-but once teams start playing games-these kinds of in season polls should just limit votes to teams whose seasons have started and they have played someone officially. Yale and Cornell could be very good this year-but their records do not indicate that just yet. Is it a big deal? of course not-but this is another reason to just ignore these polls until a few more weeks have gone by and everyone has played a few games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Preseason polls are one thing-but once teams start playing games-these kinds of in season polls should just limit votes to teams whose seasons have started and they have played someone officially. Yale and Cornell could be very good this year-but their records do not indicate that just yet. Is it a big deal? of course not-but this is another reason to just ignore these polls until a few more weeks have gone by and everyone has played a few games.
      Agree completely Doc, but would amend your "don't bother to look date" back to say...mid-January.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Agree completely Doc, but would amend your "don't bother to look date" back to say...mid-January.
        Not sure I would go that far into the season-but I certainly would wait until a team has played about 5-10 games against real competition and started their in conference schedules and not just exhibitions against a couple Canadian schools.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen : Mr. Ryan Haggerty is your player of the week !
          http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

another impressive stat for Hagg's (IMO) are his 31 SOG in the 4 games.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

That's worthy of

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Also Parker Reno was nominated for RotW and Scott Diebold for GotW http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1..._Weekly_Awards.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How great is it seeing our own Joe Yerdon (Sect.17 ) currently on NHL Network talking about the Maple Leafs.
                  Last edited by turk181; 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

While I appreciate the replies, there is a difference between determining whether a poll is representative of the true nature of all of college hockey and a one-off anomaly. My point is that Harvard has shown nothing for several years running, finished near last in the ECAC and is up against stiff competition in the ECAC this year. How in the world do they get 11 points in the poll without some home town media person way overrating them? I think a true hockey expert would start them at about 35-40 in the nation and then wait and see. i have a hard time placing them in the top half of the ECAC - so how do they possibly get to be almost a top 20 team in the entire country? It's irrational, not just inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      While I appreciate the replies, there is a difference between determining whether a poll is representative of the true nature of all of college hockey and a one-off anomaly. My point is that Harvard has shown nothing for several years running, finished near last in the ECAC and is up against stiff competition in the ECAC this year. How in the world do they get 11 points in the poll without some home town media person way overrating them? I think a true hockey expert would start them at about 35-40 in the nation and then wait and see. i have a hard time placing them in the top half of the ECAC - so how do they possibly get to be almost a top 20 team in the entire country? It's irrational, not just inaccurate.
                      Critics said the same thing concerning our 2009-10 preseason that you are saying about Harvard's upcoming season. That's why they get votes. Once they play some games, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Congrats to Haggerty on his selection as POTW and to Diebold and Reno for being under consideration in their respective categories.

Comment

Only one early Post today so I'll put this up........... As Gadowsky said last week, Koudys is simply "playing like a man." http://www.gopsusports.com/blog/2013...ly-impact.html

Comment

Any pictures from the tailgate?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Any pictures from the tailgate?
                              Phones and cameras were confiscated to protect the innocent...

Comment

Phones and cameras were confiscated to protect the innocent...
                                ...and would have been returned had I showed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X